No announcement yet.

Brand new john parris ultimate cue for sale 1 piece ash

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If were being truthful here there is actually no such thing as an ultimate cue, where his standard range are made to certain specs apart from their weight. There are no two ultimate cues the same as they are all made to the individuals spec, so there is absolutely no way that you can make any claim as to these cues being better than any other. For example I could go to john and ask for a 57 inch cue with a balance point of 15 and a tip of 8.5 and weight of 19oz.
    Then the next guy will order a cue 58 inch with a 9.5mm tip and balance at 18 and weighted of 17oz. So unless their made of some kind of magic wood, no one can make the claim that an ultimate cue is better than anything else on the market.
    You can however say that the cue you had made to your specs is the best cue you’ve played with but that does not mean that if you were to sale that cue that the buyer would feel the same

Comment

Originally Posted by Acrowot View Post
      Think I will go and order a dozen, poste haste. Anybody got a hot line to JP?
      :snooker:
      I have to get one of those cues that play all the shots My cue only plays 50% and I play the other

Comment

Originally Posted by cazmac1 View Post
        I have to get one of those cues that play all the shots My cue only plays 50% and I play the other
        My cue plays all the bad shots and I play all the good ones ;-)
        On Cue Facebook Page
        Stuart Graham Coaching Website - On a break until March 2015
        Ton Praram Cues UK Price List

Comment

I've never understood the purpose of the Ultimate cue other than for marketing reasons. I mean what else can he do to this range of cues that isn't already present in the standard range of cues. He'll be buying in the ash from the same supplier, in fact all his materials will already be in the workshop, the only difference is that he throws in the fact that shaft will be with the straightest of grain and 'even points' as he puts it. That will not bear any resemblance on the cues playability.

Also many cue makers say the shaft is planed down slowly, usually over a period of around 12 months to allow time for the wood to settle. Well again, there is absolutely no guarantee that this wood will play any better than one that is done quickly. If the wood is quality in the first place and properly seasoned then it should stand up to being planed over a much shorter time.

My Parris was ordered and made and in my hands within 4 weeks. Still perfect now, 14 years on, so again the argument of needing to allow the wood to settle is nonsense IMO.

I do rate his cues though and above any other cue maker I've used in the past and I've had a few too. Then again you get used to a certain cue so therefore you are going to have bias towards the person who made it. At the end of the day we are lucky to have a number of cue makers who can produce fine cues for any range of budget, whether you only have £150 or £1500, the thing is nobody can really claim anyone is best.

Comment

Theory?

Maybe these eBay listings for JP Ultimates at over £1000 are all part of John Parris' marketing plan because all of a sudden £750 doesn't seem so bad for a cue and after all you can hit some balls with it then sell it for more than you paid originally.
            On Cue Facebook Page
            Stuart Graham Coaching Website - On a break until March 2015
            Ton Praram Cues UK Price List

Comment

Originally Posted by cazmac1 View Post
              I agree If your not bothered about fancy splicing you can buy a pefectly good cue for around £300, No amount of over hyped up bull will convince me that a JP ultimate is any better than say the last TW cue I had. But I suppose there are a lot of cue tarts out there who like to pull out an ultimate in the club. I wounder what John will do when we get a new world champ endorsing another cue maker in the same why that ronnie has for John.
              Someone with a riley cue with painted butt to make it look like a machine spliced cue
              :snooker:

Comment

cue cost 700, case cost 240. can i make 100 profit after all? 12 months?????

Comment

most of us would be happy to get MOST of our money back on a SECONDHAND sale...alas it never happens....

Comment

Most of you don't have a good cues for sale and i agree if it is a broom you will be happy to have your money back.

Comment

Originally Posted by kezman View Post
                      Why do you want to make a profit it's not what you do for a living or is it?

Comment

Your also forgetting that most right minded people believe that these cues over over priced to begin with so you can't justify wacking another £100 on top

Comment

its swecond hand you should be thankful if you got an offer of your money back let alone making an effing profit on it for more than the cue is actually worth.

Comment

If you sell cues for profit, doesn't that make you a trader? Do you have permission to post as a trader on the forum?
                            Oh, and that's a bad miss.

Comment

when I get my new TW and If get on with it I'll be looking to sale my JP exclusive, the cue is only a couple of months old and is a lovely cue but I will be expecting to make a small loss on the cue.

Comment

Exclusive its not an ultimate cue and you can buy exclusive cue straight away in the shop without waiting list. I don't do any business if there are no profit.

Comment

Working...
                                X