• Show
Clear All

hi john did you sell it ok ?

Comment

Originally Posted by neelix1963 View Post
      hi john did you sell it ok ?
      Yes its gone mate

Comment

b*mmer just as i get me hands on some useful dough...lol...always the way

Comment

Originally Posted by neelix1963 View Post
          b*mmer just as i get me hands on some useful dough...lol...always the way
          Theres a trevor white in similar design on the bay for not much more money than jr sold that parris for..

Well it will be similar money as jrc's parris if it's won with 1 bid like...

Nice if you can get it for starting price anyways....:snooker:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...=STRK:MEWAX:IT
          Last edited by cally; 25 March 2011, 12:57 AM.

Comment

Originally Posted by perpetualboredom View Post
            People make £100's on cues sold on here everyday, there's at least one poster in this thread I know has almost trebled their money on a cue sold on here not so long ago. Not that I think there's anything wrong with that at all, but to think everyone is giving stuff away for the good of the community isn't true.
            Of course. I was trying to make the point that people shouldn't be able to use the forum for the sole purpose of making money. We have traders like ADR (and others) on here, but they contribute much more than just selling products because they clearly love the game.
            Oh, and that's a bad miss.

Comment

Isn't this just the problem with general everyday life today anyway?
              Everyone seems to want to make money whenever and wherever they can and the Internet means people have a much larger customer base than ever and growing all the time.

Ebay used to be a good place to buy stuff, now its become pathetically overpriced and flooded with a lot of crap, fake, and dodgy goods too.
              The problem with sites like this and a few others I'm a member of is the area to sell often gets abused as traders and certain peoples only intentions are to use it to make money which isn't what the site should be about.
              IMO the reason so many cue makers are busy is mainly down to traders who are buying cues in bulk ready to sell them off either to the asian market or to sell here but with the idea to avoid the waiting time, hence the hefty asking price, yet these people are creating the waiting list because of their bulk buying in the first place!

What I think should happen is people who want to sell a cue must first gain a reputation through the site whereby they have contributed to the site first, maybe they need to be a member for a certain amount of time for instance, they really need to be doing much more than just signing up and selling, otherwise this place may as well become cuebay or something because from what I see that is the main use of the site by too many people.

Comment

People make £100's on cues sold on here everyday, there's at least one poster in this thread I know has almost trebled their money on a cue sold on here not so long ago. Not that I think there's anything wrong with that at all, but to think everyone is giving stuff away for the good of the community isn't true.
                lucky swine i don't think i have ever trebled my money on anything ever!
                https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/adr147

Comment

Originally Posted by cueman View Post
                  Isn't this just the problem with general everyday life today anyway?
                  Everyone seems to want to make money whenever and wherever they can and the Internet means people have a much larger customer base than ever and growing all the time.

Ebay used to be a good place to buy stuff, now its become pathetically overpriced and flooded with a lot of crap, fake, and dodgy goods too.
                  The problem with sites like this and a few others I'm a member of is the area to sell often gets abused as traders and certain peoples only intentions are to use it to make money which isn't what the site should be about.
                  IMO the reason so many cue makers are busy is mainly down to traders who are buying cues in bulk ready to sell them off either to the asian market or to sell here but with the idea to avoid the waiting time, hence the hefty asking price, yet these people are creating the waiting list because of their bulk buying in the first place!

What I think should happen is people who want to sell a cue must first gain a reputation through the site whereby they have contributed to the site first, maybe they need to be a member for a certain amount of time for instance, they really need to be doing much more than just signing up and selling, otherwise this place may as well become cuebay or something because from what I see that is the main use of the site by too many people.
                  I agree, but the prices cues trade for on this site are often a lot higher than you'd see them on ebay - makes sense really its full of snooker players afterall!

I much prefer people stating what they want for a cue when they offer it for sale I don't think you can argue with that even if it's more than you think it's worth. Much better than the usual "make me an offer and lets hope you offer several times what I really think it's worth". Must admitt I've been guilty of this before but I'm a reformed charactor. (I'm trying not to be hypocritical so some time ago and individually priced all the cues on my own site)

A few weeks ago I had some money sat doing nothing and tried to have a look what old cues were on the market so I could make a decision on what to buy. I tried two online cue tading sites enquiring about the prices of cues on their site - both came back with "make me an offer". Now that really did get on my ... I have a budget of x you have 10 cues for sale - how can I possible decide which cue I may want to buy when all you say is 'make me an offer'. ARRRGGGGH!!

Oldschool will confirm I did throw a tantrum!
                  ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                  Old cue collector --
                  Cue Sales: http://oldcues.co.uk/index.php?id=for_sale_specials
                  (yes I know they're not cheap, I didn't intend them to be!..)
                  ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

rall!

I much prefer people stating what they want for a cue when they offer it for sale I don't think you can argue with that even if it's more than you think it's worth. Much better than the usual "make me an offer and lets hope you offer several times what I really think it's worth".
                    I completely agree. WTF is 'make me an offer'? My school of thought is if you wan't to sell something, set a price at what you want to sell it for. If you're not sure about how much it's worth, ask someone. What the hell does it matter what someone is prepared to pay for it. ie, Seller doesn't know how much cue is worth. Cue worth $200, customer makes an offer of $150. Seller goes well I guess it's only worth $150 and sells it. My Balls are in my hand. Bahhhhh yes it's time for bed

Comment

Brand new john parris ultimate cue for sale 1 piece ash

Originally Posted by TheRowdyOne View Post
                      I completely agree. WTF is 'make me an offer'? My school of thought is if you wan't to sell something, set a price at what you want to sell it for. If you're not sure about how much it's worth, ask someone. What the hell does it matter what someone is prepared to pay for it. ie, Seller doesn't know how much cue is worth. Cue worth $200, customer makes an offer of $150. Seller goes well I guess it's only worth $150 and sells it. My Balls are in my hand. Bahhhhh yes it's time for bed
                      I guess I have been guilty of this but I genuinely am interested in receiving offers and I will normally leave a "less than..." price. It really is down to the seller and not every seller has bad intentions. I have changed my listing as a result of your comments though so thank you!
                      On Cue Facebook Page
                      Stuart Graham Coaching Website - On a break until March 2015
                      Ton Praram Cues UK Price List

Comment

Yes he did throw a strop,then a wobbler and finally a tantrum and yes I totally understand Mikes frustration.You want to buy something from someone and they say,in essence, "whats it worth to you ? " BAD FORM. You go to a shop,the prices are displayed,if its too much you go elsewhere,transparency in retail is not a problem so why is it a problem for some "traders" ?

Comment

Originally Posted by old school View Post
                          Yes he did throw a strop,then a wobbler and finally a tantrum and yes I totally understand Mikes frustration.You want to buy something from someone and they say,in essence, "whats it worth to you ? " BAD FORM. You go to a shop,the prices are displayed,if its too much you go elsewhere,transparency in retail is not a problem so why is it a problem for some "traders" ?
                          The answer here is pretty obvious I reckon, unless I'm just a cynical old bugger. If you make a living or even as a hobby to make a few bucks, buying and selling something - If you assume the buyer has no idea what something is worth it's very hard to offer someone £50 for an item they're offering to sell you - if you're selling the same thing on your website for £200. If you've every watched 'pawn stars' I love their approach - they tell you what it's worth and they tell you what they'll offer "It's worth maybe £300 to me, I'll give you £150".
                          ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                          Old cue collector --
                          Cue Sales: http://oldcues.co.uk/index.php?id=for_sale_specials
                          (yes I know they're not cheap, I didn't intend them to be!..)
                          ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

The answer here is pretty obvious I reckon, unless I'm just a cynical old bugger. If you make a living or even as a hobby to make a few bucks, buying and selling something - If you assume the buyer has no idea what something is worth it's very hard to offer someone £50 for an item they're offering to sell you - if you're selling the same thing on your website for £200. If you've every watched 'pawn stars' I love their approach - they tell you what it's worth and they tell you what they'll offer "It's worth maybe £300 to me, I'll give you £150".
                            "Pawn Stars" Great Show! - I have learned a lot from their approach and their honesty. Yes they make profit but not by misleading anyone, condition is everything, and if in doubt asking someone who knows.

I wonder what the Old Man's approach would be to Kezman????
                            On Cue Facebook Page
                            Stuart Graham Coaching Website - On a break until March 2015
                            Ton Praram Cues UK Price List

Comment

I have been following this post with interest. I joined this forum to sell my cue. I joined it not to make loads of cash but to sell my cue to a snooker lover, who would appreciate the cue for what it was. eBay is so heartless. I have had my cue so long I can't even remember how much I paid for it!! I have seen a real depth of feeling about cue traders on te forum, but not everyone is like that and actually have good intentions when they join and post ads here...selling your cue is a big thing (it is to me anyway) and I thought this would be the place to ensure it went to a good home...battersea for cues!!

Comment

Ginge1072, don't sell your cue like I did, then after 36 years, decided to try and play again, after finding this forum.

One day you may wish you still had the cue.
                                :snooker:

Comment

Working...
                                X