Original ye olde ash for sale

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• eBay Original ye olde ash for sale

This is one of the most sought after cues, i got this today, untouched for over 20 years, the original finish is still on it, 57 1/4 '' long, 16ozs, 30 mm butt old beautiful english ash and very playable....called to a friends club today to hit a few shots with it and it feels perfect....

real offers only before i put it on ebay
    Attached Files

Only 20 years?
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Old cue collector --
    Cue Sales: http://oldcues.co.uk/index.php?id=for_sale_specials
    (yes I know they're not cheap, I didn't intend them to be!..)
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

Originally Posted by perpetualboredom View Post
      Only 20 years?
      yeah thats old for a replica lol

Comment

thought the same thing looks like one of tony ions reps to me .

Comment

What gives it away then ?? is the badge slightly different or something ???

Comment

yeah badge too new for it to be original, also i used to own one just like it and looked like a ions or glover replica

Comment

Is it true that the real one has a very reddish looking ash shaft? Anyone has a picture?
              Would you consider it a good idea for the replica makers to sign or mark the cue under the badge perhaps so others can tell for sure?
              www.AuroraCues.com

Comment

The first edtion cues have a reddish ash shaft and yes any cue maker making a replica cue should have to state on the badge that it is a replica copy.

Comment

no need maker to state replica copy, u can tell with badge or shaft/ tip size
                  surely u can tell between replica old cue and new. i.e burwat champion, tony glover makes great burwats but dont look like originals.
                  e.g too new

Comment

I agree that the replica cues usually look too new; however, with the greatest respect, dont you think just saying "it looks too new" is not really solid proof? Besides, with modern day technology, it is not that hard to make the badge or the cue looking older artifically. Also, a replica cue can be made to the same tip and shaft size as the original.
                    On the other hand, a cue can be kept in a very nice condition for many year, or perhaps it has been refinished over the years. So, the "age" of the cue is not really a certain way to autheticate a cue, is it?
                    I am just thinking of a more "certain" way to tell if a cue is a replica than just looking at how "old" it looks.
                    For example, most believe this cue looks too new to be a real thing. And the reasoning is that it looks too new.
                    I am just wondering... can you be 100% sure if this is all you are going by?
                    Last edited by poolqjunkie; 6 April 2011, 04:17 AM.
                    www.AuroraCues.com

Comment

I don't think it's that it looks too new bud, i think theres a few things...

The 'butt plug' don't look right, the badge don't look right...

But what do i know eh, I'm sure someone will be along to explain in more detail soon...
                      Last edited by cally; 6 April 2011, 03:07 AM.

Comment

Fair play. I was just saying in general--in my humble opinion-- if a cue is signed by the maker then it could be easier to help avoiding any mistake of thinking a replica is the real thing.
                        Another reason why I suggested that is because different cue maker's work is not always worth the same amount of money even if it is the same replica. If we can tell who made the cue then we can appraise the value more accurately.
                        It does not have to be an actual badge, just a name signed under a badge, or may be like you said a plug perhaps done in a particular way...
                        Just my opinion.:-)
                        Thanks.
                        www.AuroraCues.com

Comment

Originally Posted by poolqjunkie View Post
                          Fair play. I was just saying in general--in my humble opinion-- if a cue is signed by the maker then it could be easier to help avoiding any mistake of thinking a replica is the real thing.
                          Another reason why I suggested that is because different cue maker's work is not always worth the same amount of money even if it is the same replica. If we can tell who made the cue then we can appraise the value more accurately.
                          It does not have to be an actual badge, just a name signed under a badge, or may be like you said a plug perhaps done in a particular way...
                          Just my opinion.:-)
                          Thanks.
                          Agree with everything you say.. but a donar original badge, paired with the right era/maker donar cue would still fool many an 'expert' I'd put money on it.
                          ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                          Old cue collector --
                          ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

Originally Posted by mattyshinobi22 View Post
                            no need maker to state replica copy, u can tell with badge or shaft/ tip size
                            surely u can tell between replica old cue and new. i.e burwat champion, tony glover makes great burwats but dont look like originals.
                            e.g too new
                            If you were to copy the specs though, do you think a replica would still be easy to spot as it "looks new" in 30-40 years time compared to a 'mint' original?
                            Old cue collector --

Comment

Originally Posted by perpetualboredom View Post
                              Agree with everything you say.. but a donar original badge, paired with the right era/maker donar cue would still fool many an 'expert' I'd put money on it.
                              yes it would, i am not 100% sure this is a copy - i need to see the weight stamp in a better picture.
                              https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/adr147

Comment

Working...
                              X