Alex Higgins trophy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• eBay Alex Higgins trophy

On behalf of a family well connected to professional Snooker, Roger Lee has been asked to sell on their behalf an Alex Higgins trophy.

The details are:

This trophy was presented to Alex Higgins after his first world professional championship victory in 1972.
    Total height of 14inches, the apex has a gold disc engraved
    TEXACO TROPHY
    On the onyx base is attached a gold plate which reads:
    SPORTS STAR OF THE YEAR 1972
    BILLIARDS AND SNOOKER
    ALEX HIGGINS

As a price guide, the trophy alone, has gold and silver in scrap value, in excess of £1600.

Anyone interested can contact Roger at: rogerlee@bsarchive.freeserve.co.uk
    "Statistics won't tell you much about me. I play for love, not records."

ALEX HIGGINS

Sounds real nice, you not got a pic of that anywhere spike ??

Comment

Unfortunately I dont....i will ask Roger tommorrow if he has any photos readily available, and if so will be uploaded.
      Or alternatively, Roger maybe able to email any images he has of the trophy for those who are seriously interested..

ALEX HIGGINS

Comment

Would it not be best to contact Barry Hearn at the WPBSA, i'm sure he would have the right contacts for this sort of thing to get the right money for it. Even if he didn't buy it for the WPBSA or for himself then i'm sure he'd know someone thats a Higgins fan with a few quid to spare.
        sigpic

Comment

Barry Hearn is a very busy man....i doubt very much he has the time or the interest to be honest..

ALEX HIGGINS

Comment

Originally Posted by jrc750 View Post
            Sounds real nice, you not got a pic of that anywhere spike ??
            jrc,

If you want to see some pics, I have been told the item has been put on ebay....just type in the search bar "Alex Higgins trophy" and there it is..

ALEX HIGGINS

Comment

R.I.P. Alex

I hope the money goes somewhere appropriate.

Comment

I think this is something a Real Alex Higgins Fan would Love! If I had the Spare Cash at Present I would Definately Buy It.

Gaz.

Comment

Originally Posted by gazza147 View Post
                  I think this is something a Real Alex Higgins Fan would Love! If I had the Spare Cash at Present I would Definately Buy It.

Gaz.
                  You and me both..

ALEX HIGGINS

Comment

You and me three, great bit of memorabilla..... I hope it goes to a good home!!
                    Winner of 2011 Masters Fantasy game......
                    Winner of 2011 World Championship Fantasy game.......

Comment

Originally Posted by spike View Post
                      jrc,

If you want to see some pics, I have been told the item has been put on ebay....just type in the search bar "Alex Higgins trophy" and there it is..
                      Thanks Spike...........looks nice, but well out of my price range
                      http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Alex-Higgins-T...item45fa90df7a

Comment

Not that rare though I'm afraid 4 sporting stars recievd a texeco sportsman of the year award that night .

http://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/sp...n=Popup&ino=40
                        [/SIGPIC]http://www.gclbilliards.com

Comment

Yes, but the trophy in question is from 1972 and not 1982..

ALEX HIGGINS

Comment

Working...
                          X