Trevor White 1pc

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• eBay Trevor White 1pc

I'm not selling this cue, I want to swap for something else with slightly different specs. But I am setting a value of £400 for this cue, I know it would sell for that no problem but I need a cue to replace it straight away, so if you have a cue thats worth half, i'll accept the cue with cash up to my asking price.

I first bought this cue to use for 8ball and snooker, but I have left the pool team to concentrate on snooker. The snooker team at my local Rileys have got me to be captain of their team next season, So if i'm going to be playing more snooker then I want something slightly different thats suited more to snooker rather than pool.

This cue is no more than 8 months old and is brilliant, plays nice and has a good feel to it. It is in excellent condition except for a couple of little dings on the butt due to radiators close to the table.

Specs: (These won't be as accurate until I check them properly, I had an email from Trevor with the spec but I seemed to have lost it, I forgot what kind of woods are used in the splices)

1pc Ash
    Length: 58"
    Weight: 17.5oz
    Ferrule: 9.25mm
    Butt: 29mm or 30mm

IMG_0316.jpgIMG_0731.jpgIMG_0729.jpgIMG_0317.jpgIMG_0318.jpg

The specs I want:

Something of similar value but not old, has to be in perfect playing condition and straight.

1pc or 3/4 Ash
    Length: 58"
    Weight: 18.5 - 19oz
    Ferrule: 9.5 - 9.7mm
    Butt: 30mm

Not fussy about splices so anything considered as long as I like it.

Please no silly offers for the cue

Thanks

If those are roughly the correct specs it'll be fine for snooker! If you think the tip is slightly too small around 9mm, just get it re-ferulled by Trevor to 9.7/9.8 - you'll lose a tiny bit of length.. If it aint broke....!

P.S - What is the type of wood on the lower splices?

Comment

i have a plain TW at 9.6mm and 29.5mm 58" and 19oz.
      https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/adr147

Comment

ive also got a plain tw at 9.8mm 29.5 - 58" 18oz if your interested
        http://s974.photobucket.com/albums/a...new%20project/

Comment

Originally Posted by dantuck_7 View Post
          If those are roughly the correct specs it'll be fine for snooker! If you think the tip is slightly too small around 9mm, just get it re-ferulled by Trevor to 9.7/9.8 - you'll lose a tiny bit of length.. If it aint broke....!

Its the weight thats important aswell, I know they're not far off but losing length, weight to gain a bigger tip size isn't ideal and would throw the balance point off sllightly. I could have weight added on but thats just going to cost money which I don't have very much of. So its just easier to swap the cue.

I'm not sure what the woods are, I did have an email from Trevor with the exact specs but I've lost it. If Trevor is reading this and can remember making this cue then could you please email me the specs or post them on here for everyone to see.

----

Adr that cue sounds tempting, could you email me some pictures to pdwhelan22@yahoo.co.uk Thanks

Comment

Originally Posted by pdwhelan View Post
            I'm not sure what the woods are
            Originally Posted by dantuck_7 View Post
            It's either Masur birch or Karelian birch

Comment

Masur birch, that's the one, maple in-between them I think.

Comment

Originally Posted by snookerloopy_08 View Post
                It's either Masur birch or Karelian birch
                FYI, Masur Birch and Karelian Birch are one and the same, a species of birch from the Karelia region of Finland.
                Same as the splice on my Shelton
                Which is also very close to your required specs
                57.5, 9.5, 18.25, 29.5
                Last edited by DeanH; 19 July 2011, 05:57 AM.
                Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Well I have a few to choose from by the looks of it, will have to maybe make a deal with someone and if I can't then I will sell the cue for £400 (already been offered the money from a forum member). I will only accept money providing I have found something to buy otherwise the money will get spent on none snooker related things.

Thanks

Comment

Cue now sold.

Thanks

Comment

Working...
                    X