Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• eBay FOR SALE: Tom Gauthier - VERY rare from original owner

Cue is SOLD (as of November 12, 2011)

My friend asked me to post his cue on here because he heard I successfully sold one here before. This Gauthier cue is two piece extremely well taken care of. Ash/ebony with an extra maple shaft and wood extensions. Comes with a very nice leather case as well.

This cue belonged to the current owner from it's first release out of Tom's cue making shop and I can absolutely verify and guarantee that it's an original Gauthier and in beautiful A1 pristine condition.

The pictures here don't do this cue justice. It's in super condition and incredibly well cared for (including Tim's special cue treatment and regular waxing). My friend is an incredibly detailed person and there isn't a single ding/scratch anywhere on this equipment.

This cue sale comes with:

- 2 x 4 black Imperial cue case
    - 2 gauthier shafts (one maple, one ash)
    - 1 gauthier cue butt with a butt joint
    - 2 wood extensions
    - all necessary joint protectors

Dimensions and Weight:

Cue with Ash shaft
    Weight: 17oz
    Length: 58.25"

Cue with Maple shaft
    Weight: 16.8oz

Extensions
    Short - 8"
    Long - 15.5"

Tip and butt diameters

Butt diameter:
    29mm at butt end.
    27mm (about 12 inches from end of butt).

The butt and shafts taper very gradually right to end of cue

Tip diameters:
    Maple: 11mm
    Ash: 10.5mm

Pictures:

Extensions:

Case:

Tom's Signature:

Joint Extension at the end of the butt:

Serious buyers please PM me or leave a reply here to let me know of your potential interest in this rare cue. Send your offer to me in confidence. I don't put prices up here because it starts a bidding war. If you are serious, you know what this cue and various extra pieces are worth.
    Last edited by thelongbomber; 12 November 2011, 11:58 AM. Reason: added images
    Mayur Jobanputra, Snooker Coach and Snooker Enthusiast
    My Snooker Blog: www.snookerdelight.com

Pics and price to chowrico@hotmail.com please.

Comment

Updated pictures today for anyone interested. I left my digital caliper in my locker at the club so will get you tip dimensions later.

Comment

You still can't get your caliper??

Comment

Ah so sorry chowrico. Completely forgot to add this information.

Tip and butt diameter are below

Butt diameter:
          29mm at butt end.

Tip diameters:

Good thing about the above tip sizes are that they can be taken down slightly for your needs

Comment

Originally Posted by thelongbomber View Post
            Cue is Available (last updated August 1, 2011)

My friend asked me to post his cue on here because he heard I successfully sold one here before. This Gauthier cue is two piece extremely well taken care of. Ash/ebony with an extra maple shaft and wood extensions. Comes with a very nice leather case as well.

This cue belonged to the current owner from it's first release out of Tom's cue making shop and I can absolutely verify and guarantee that it's an original Gauthier and in beautiful A1 pristine condition.

The pictures here don't do this cue justice. It's in super condition and incredibly well cared for (including Tim's special cue treatment and regular waxing). My friend is an incredibly detailed person and there isn't a single ding/scratch anywhere on this equipment.

This cue sale comes with:

- 2 x 4 black Imperial cue case
            - 2 gauthier shafts (one maple, one ash)
            - 1 gauthier cue butt with a butt joint
            - 2 wood extensions
            - all necessary joint protectors

Dimensions and Weight:

Cue with Ash shaft
            Weight: 17oz

Cue with Maple shaft
            Weight: 16.8oz

Extensions
            Short - 8"
            Long - 15.5"

Tip and butt diameters

Butt diameter:
            29mm at butt end.

Tip diameters:

Pictures:

Extensions:

Case:

Tom's Signature:

Joint Extension at the end of the butt:

Serious buyers please PM me or leave a reply here to let me know of your potential interest in this rare cue. Send your offer to me in confidence. I don't put prices up here because it starts a bidding war. If you are serious, you know what this cue and various extra pieces are worth.

HI I AM enterested in your cue please email me at lennybilliards@aol.com and give me price of your cue thanks leonard

Comment

HI still did not receive reply is the cue sold if not send me an email to lennybilliards@aol.cvom

Comment

Email was sent. Thanks Leonard.

Comment

Email was sent. Thanks Leonard.

Hi thelongbomber received the pictures and price of your cue great cue however will pass on that one good luck with your sale cheers Leonard

Comment

Just out of curiosity, why did the customer asked to have the cue built with one maple and one ash shaft? I would think most people only use either ash or maple but not both.
                    www.AuroraCues.com

Comment

He knew Tom was getting ill and making less cues so he decided to have an extra shaft made. At the time (and I suggest even today), nobody knew how to cure, finish, and taper shafts the way Tom did so if you got a Gauthier cue, it was wise to have a few extra shafts made. My friend visited Tom several times both as a customer, and close friend.

Comment

He knew Tom was getting ill and making less cues so he decided to have an extra shaft made. At the time (and I suggest even today), nobody knew how to cure, finish, and taper shafts the way Tom did so if you got a Gauthier cue, it was wise to have a few extra shafts made. My friend visited Tom several times both as a customer, and close friend.
                        Thank you for the reply.
                        I see. And I can understand that your friend thought so highly of the shaft and worried so much about losing it due to damage, warpage or whatever that he wanted to have a spare shaft just in case.
                        What I do not understand, and that is why I asked my original question, is this: if he was thinking "no body can make me another shaft like Tom can and he is dying so I better get an extra spare while I still can" at the time, wouldn't it be logical to order an extra shaft which is as close to the original shaft in every aspect as possible? Why then did he ordered an extra maple shaft?
                        Last edited by poolqjunkie; 9 August 2011, 01:12 PM.
                        www.AuroraCues.com

Comment

Originally Posted by poolqjunkie View Post
                          Thank you for the reply.
                          I see. And I can understand that your friend thought so highly of the shaft and worried so much about losing it due to damage, warpage or whatever that he wanted to have a spare shaft just in case.
                          What I do not understand, and that is why I asked my original question, is this: if he was thinking "no body can make me another shaft like Tom can and he is dying so I better get an extra spare while I still can" at the time, wouldn't it be logical to order an extra shaft which is as close to the original shaft in every aspect as possible? Why then did he ordered an extra maple shaft?
                          There is no point replying to your reply. The cue comes with an extra shaft mated perfectly to the butt. One shaft is ash, and one shaft is maple. There is no reason. It just is.

Thank you

Comment

There is no point replying to your reply. The cue comes with an extra shaft mated perfectly to the butt. One shaft is ash, and one shaft is maple. There is no reason. It just is.

Thank you
                            I have a customer who was interested in this cue but he is not a TSF member. I showed him the pictures. Both him and I found it a bit unusual to see a cue made with one maple and one ash shaft to pretty much the same spec. If one shaft was made for pool I can understand but both shafts were meant for snooker.
                            I asked you this question on behalf of him. You told us the cue was custom ordered that way. You said the owner wanted one more spare shaft as he felt that no one could make a better shaft than Tom, and Tom was not really making that many cues anymore at the time.
                            My customer and I both were puzzled by your answer because to have a maple shaft as a spare to an ash shaft does not really serve the purpose of a spare, does it?
                            As we all know, maple and ash are two different materials and most players either play with one or the other. If something happens to my original shaft and I want to have a spare, certainly I would want one that plays as close to my original as possible.
                            We thought our question was completely reasonable but obviously to you it is not.
                            I am sorry that you felt my question was pointless and was not worth your time to answer.
                            I am so sorry I have wasted your time. Please never mind me and carry on. I will not bother you anymore.
                            Last edited by poolqjunkie; 10 August 2011, 03:13 AM.
                            www.AuroraCues.com

Comment

Thank you for apologizing.

Comment

Working...
                              X