Anyone selling a lathe ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wanted Anyone selling a lathe ?

Looking at buying a lathe, and just thought i would check before commiting to the deal if anyone here has a lathe for sale ?

cheers !

Fed up with just making cases and now branching out into making cues are we?

Not happy at being plain crisp any more?

Comment

No the misses has brock another broom handle

Comment

PMSL.....

Creased me that.., nice 1blonde...........

Comment

Well if your cases are anything to go by the brooms will be good.

Good marketing ploy though.... Buy one of these ....Crispian Jones 'broom' cues and clean up every time.

Comment

Originally Posted by 1blonde View Post
            Well if your cases are anything to go by the brooms will be good.

Good marketing ploy though.... Buy one of these ....Crispian Jones 'broom' cues and clean up every time.
            Brooms from Crispian will be better than "cues" from many others I would imagine.

Yeah, clear up the table no matter how messy the balls are clustered.:-)
            www.AuroraCues.com

Comment

to give you an idea starter lathe pick up a record wood lathe the type that works on to metal bars joining it all together,you then get scaffold tubes at the dia of bars and have your lathe as long as you want you just require a centre steady with a bearing in hope this gives you an idea unless you have a few grand spare

Comment

Originally Posted by jim evans View Post
                to give you an idea starter lathe pick up a record wood lathe the type that works on to metal bars joining it all together,you then get scaffold tubes at the dia of bars and have your lathe as long as you want you just require a centre steady with a bearing in hope this gives you an idea unless you have a few grand spare
                The money is not a big issue, if i get the right tools i dont mind paying !
                ive got one on hold while i wait for someone to come and assess my workshop, they need to see where it is going before agreeing to deliver it in total it is just under £4,000 so thought with the knowladgable people here i might get a better offer, or advice .

Comment

Not another Welsh Cuemaker !!!!! Lol !!
                  Still trying to pot as many balls as i can !

Comment

the old fella whose been helping me is winding down i hope to get both is lathes when he does he says the wood lathe will be going soon so with a bit of luck

Comment

Originally Posted by crispian jones View Post
                      The money is not a big issue, if i get the right tools i dont mind paying !
                      ive got one on hold while i wait for someone to come and assess my workshop, they need to see where it is going before agreeing to deliver it in total it is just under £4,000 so thought with the knowladgable people here i might get a better offer, or advice .
                      I would imagine it must be a metal lathe then. Must be nice to be able to get some nice equipment.
                      Depends on the type and model and spec it is hard to say I suppose if the offer you get is good or not, as the price range is quite large.
                      Good luck with your new venture.:-)
                      Last edited by poolqjunkie; 25 October 2011, 11:29 PM.
                      www.AuroraCues.com

Comment

Have a word with Dan Shelton, I believe he has one that's not doing much at present.

Comment

Originally Posted by SBL View Post
                          Have a word with Dan Shelton, I believe he has one that's not doing much at present.
                          Errr that's coz its broken, so not much use

Comment

Have you had a look at the metal working lathes being sold as auctions on Ebay? Or even second hand lathes from dealers on Ebay? As manufacturing in this country is disappearing, they're going for next to nothing. For £4000 at auction you could pick up a 5-10 year old CNC lathe weighing in at a couple of tonnes, and accurate to 20 microns. (not that I imagine you'd need one, but you can get an awful lot of lathe for that money) ... Typically second hand lathes that run on auction on Ebay go for less than half what a dealer would be asking.
                            Do you know what sort of lathe you're after?

Comment

The suggestion from Jim is a good one. Either Record, Draper, or Coronet can be adapted to increase the bed length capable for making a cue.

If it is for you to machine joints or fittings/fixtures then a small metal lathe should suffice. 4 grand is a big wedge for a lathe.
                              If you want to play the pink, but you're hampered by the red, you could always try to play the brown!

Comment

Working...
                              X