How to make a 100 break book

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wanted How to make a 100 break book

Does anyone have a copy of this they fancy selling?
    Thanks, Rob

You don't need a book pal, its easy.
    I'll break it down better than the book will -

During the frame, wait until 5 reds have been pocketed, then in one visit , Pot a red, then pot the black. Repeat this 10 times without missing. This will bring your break to 80, with just the colours left on the table. Then, simply continue your break by potting the colours in order, again without missing. If you manage to get up to and including the pink, congratulations, you have made a 100 break.
    This is the easiest way to make a century, as it requires the fewest amount of pots (25). There are alternative ways make a 100 break, but this is the most simple way.
    If you want to play the pink, but you're hampered by the red, you could always try to play the brown!

Comment

Thanks for putting me straight pal. Thats helped no end

Comment

No problem, don't want you getting ripped off lol. Someone will probably have one somewhere. You tried eBay or amazon?
        If you want to play the pink, but you're hampered by the red, you could always try to play the brown!

Comment

Yeah i can only find it on the snookergym site but it cost £100. Ive seen it recommended on here quite alot but i begrudge paying that for a book

Comment

Instead of buying the book - all you need to do is to watch snooker on tv - but dont just admire the high standard, pay close attention to choice of shot and how the pros go about constructing a break.........it has worked wonders for me

Comment

Originally Posted by circle View Post
              Instead of buying the book - all you need to do is to watch snooker on tv - but dont just admire the high standard, pay close attention to choice of shot and how the pros go about constructing a break.........it has worked wonders for me
              Actively watching in this way will certainly help but even better than that is a session with a coach who knows a lot about break building and can help you decide what shots to play i.e. how much top/bottom left/right and power etc. This process is very helpful to a beginner for example.

Nic Barrow uses a rating system between 1 and 10 for each aspect of a shot i.e. H10 for maximum top down to H1 for maximum bottom with H5 being center ball. Same for left/right and shot power. As you're watching a match on TV, or playing yourself start to use these terms to predict the shot on TV, or decide the shot you're going to play.

At first the difference between H7 and H8 will not be all that clear, but as you practice you will learn to differentiate, and this will give you more control. After the shot is played evaluate how close to your decision/prediction it was, and whether it was the correct shot to have played, or not. If you're practicing solo and you didn't get it right, reset and try again. If you got it right but it was the wrong shot, re-evaluate, re-set and try again.
              "Do unto others 20% better than you would expect them to do unto you, to correct for subjective error"
              - Linus Pauling

Comment

Just tell your mates when you see them next you had a 100 break the other night, saves all that practice and buying dvd's.
                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                X