Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• eBay Aurora laminated tips promotion FREE POSTAGE

Hi,
    5 Aurora laminated tips for 35 GBP including free worldwide postage.
    All Aurora tips come with an unconditional warranty against de-lamination.
    Please check it out. Thank you.
    http://www.auroracues.com/shop/index.php?cPath=28

PS. If you are looking for a Christmas gift, please let me know if you would like me to ship your purchase to another address for you. Thank you very much.
    Last edited by poolqjunkie; 4 November 2011, 07:49 PM.
    www.AuroraCues.com

Bought a couple of Aurora tips when it was first launched. Liked it very much and decided to order a few more as spares.

Mine came in by post today. Very secure packaging was used... Thanks Airin, much appreciated!!
    When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take the lemons back. GET MAD!!

Comment

Thanks very much.:-)
      www.AuroraCues.com

Comment

Hi Airin. I use a kamui mh tip, which I find great. How do yours compare to them, as they are a bit pricey (kamui, not aurora). Are the aurora tips similar to these in terms of hardness, as that is one of the key things I like. What tip would you say they are most like in terms of hardness? (talisman s, kamui mh, Hercules H2 etc)
        If you want to play the pink, but you're hampered by the red, you could always try to play the brown!

Comment

Aurora tips are not meant to be very hard. I would say Aurora is about the hardness of a Talisman S, which is softer than a Kamui MH.

If you like a firmer hit; however, you can sand the tip a bit thinner.

Without taking away any layer at all when you install the Aurora tip you should have 4 layers on the side and two on the doom. If you take off about 2 layers you will get 2 layers on the side and about 2 on the doom, which I have found to be firmer, about the same as a Kamui M to a Kamui MH.

You get much lesser glue lines on the chalk surface with Aurora than Kamui and Talisman, you get a lot more leather contact surface, and chalk stays on much better. More leather contact area gives you a hit much closer to that of a one piece leather tip, without all the issues of inconsistency associated with tips like Elk, and Blue Diamond.

I am very confident in the quality of the Aurora tips, which is why I also offer an unconditional warranty against de-lamination. In the odd case if your Aurora tip de-laminates for whatever reason, just drop me an email and I will send you a free replacement right away.

Thank you.:-)
          www.AuroraCues.com

Comment

Would like to give this tip a fair crack and i would if it was the same size as a Talisman and domed . For me its just too much hastle to trim down and shape so thats why i stick with Tallies and lately the Phoenix tip which i find excellent .

Comment

Thanks for the info Airin. I'll get some ordered after payday and give them a little go. (might even stretch to a cloth for the old man as a xmas present too).
              If you want to play the pink, but you're hampered by the red, you could always try to play the brown!

Comment

Thanks Deant. PM replied.
                Hotpot, I understand what you mean. You will find that laminated tips made in Japan are all kind of the same way--all without a doom and also are a bit time consuming to file the first time--but you only need to you it the first time if that would make you feel better.:-)
                My tip mansufaturer told me they do not like to doom the top becuase they do not want to expose the chalk surface until the tip is installed and filed.
                www.AuroraCues.com

Comment

Tips and towels came Monday. Brilliantly packed.
                  Put one of the tips on my spare cue yesterday and had a little go. Tip seems very responsive, and generates good feedback.
                  The towels are good too. a bit different to what I expected, but do a very good job.

All in all a very good deal, and Airin was a pleasure to deal with, answering any and all questions I asked quickly and honestly.

Comment

Originally Posted by deant1982 View Post
                    Tips and towels came Monday. Brilliantly packed.
                    Put one of the tips on my spare cue yesterday and had a little go. Tip seems very responsive, and generates good feedback.
                    The towels are good too. a bit different to what I expected, but do a very good job.

All in all a very good deal, and Airin was a pleasure to deal with, answering any and all questions I asked quickly and honestly.
                    Thanks Dean for the feedback.
                    It has been a real pleasure doing business with you.
                    Hope you father like the cloth you give him.
                    www.AuroraCues.com

Comment

Working...
                    X