Dan Shelton cue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wanted Dan Shelton cue

I would like to find a Dan Shelton cue perfer 1pc, any brothers want to sell pls drop a mail, spec, price and photo. THX

So do a few of the members on here .......!

Probably easier to find a cue than the man himself .
    Still trying to pot as many balls as i can !

Comment

There's a few of us on here that would like a Dan Shelton cue

Comment

Yea thread title should be
        Wanted. Dan Shelton

Comment

Yea thread title should be
          Wanted. Dan Shelton

Comment

you did not include your email, also until you get to 10 posts you cannot receive PMs
            Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

you as may as well add a keith auld to your wish list while you're at it...

but seriously, why?

when have you actually seen a dan shelton cue that has made you want one?

actually this very forum is to blame for catapulting people into the spotlight when there is no track record.

what happened to 'years of experience' and 'gaining a reputation'?

seems to me that as soon as someone says 'i've got a plane, here's a cue i put a splice on', they automatically become a 'great' cue maker and people line up to place an order.

all this based on a few photos, and NOT from actually ever seeing or using one.

that's not to say dan, or anyone else, does not do good work. it's more a wake up call to the fact that you don't start making cues in january, then start charging £300-£400-£500 a cue in february.

oh wait...yes you do apparently...
              The Cuefather.

info@handmadecues.com

Comment

Originally Posted by MikeWooldridge View Post

but seriously, why?

actually this very forum is to blame for catapulting people into the spotlight when there is no track record.

seems to me that as soon as someone says 'i've got a plane, here's a cue i put a splice on', they automatically become a 'great' cue maker and people line up to place an order.

that's not to say dan, or anyone else, does not do good work. it's more a wake up call to the fact that you don't start making cues in january, then start charging £300-£400-£500 a cue in february.

Very good post Mike , better the devil you know

Comment

but seriously, why?

Top post that, pretty much my thoughts too bud.

I spesh love it when it's " it's only an hobby" ... lol.. yeh right...
                  Last edited by cally; 11 November 2011, 03:01 PM.

Comment

but seriously, why?

The man speaks the truth.
                    Unclevit C Brand - CueGuru Tip.

Comment

give me the next weeks winning euromillions, lottery, all football results and racing results when you find one ta

Comment

Originally Posted by cally View Post
                        Top post that, pretty much my thoughts too bud.

I spesh love it when it's " it's only an hobby" ... lol.. yeh right...
                        to some it is only an hobby but some people think because its a hobby its a way of getting a cheap cue people want a cue for
                        £50 when it cost almost that and more for materials and the 10-20 hours it can take and all the other stuff you have to provide needs to be paid for,its the hours you pay for when having a named cue and because its a job, most cues of hobby makers wont cost the 300-400 mike quoted ,prob cost up to 200 mark ive sold 2 which took a long time to make for a few quid under 200 and i think i wont be selling at over that mark,my point is ive spent about £3000 or more on tooling and wood and other accessaries which i would like to get some back i dont expect to get it all back this is were the postings come in if people like what they see they can have a look at them and if there not happy they can send it back but youir not paying 200 + for a name

Comment

All I will say is that my Shelton cue is beautifully made, looks stunning, and plays wonderfully - only my thoughts
                          And I am not be surprised if people may want one to check out for themselves, but not for silly money (I have been waiting for Fedia to get hold of one and see what happens! )
                          And no - it is not for sale
                          Unless the wife reads this, then...
                          Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

personly i think dan as been a fool to his self,looking at his cue site he had the making of a poss top class cue maker,but problems happen in life,this is the cue or 1 of the last ones he was working on if anybody on the forum as it would like a look at finished item,i have got the same wood and when i feel confident enuf will make it

Comment

Working...
                            X