John Parris customized maple cue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• eBay John Parris customized maple cue

I bought this cue off E-bay around a month ago. Received it last week. Upon checking it out, I found out that the butt is too big and the length is too long for me. Actually I realized these spec already when I saw all the spec on the E-bay listing, but I just thought that I would send it to cue maker in Thailand to make it according to my spec (butt at 28.9 mm and length at 56 inches)...but now I changed my mind and decided not to mess with what already is a very balanced cue.

So my loss is your gain. I paid 50 pounds for the shipping to seller + 270 pounds for the cue. I am asking 300 pounds shipped anywhere worldwide for this + I will throw away a couple of nice O'Min cue suede in the package for FREE.

I can be contact directly at atisakdi@hotmail.com as well.

Here is the picture and all the spec of the cue.
    http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2208658163...#ht_534wt_1131

Correct me if I am wrong but a John Parris customised cue is a cue that John Parris/workshop has worked on the cue is not actually made by Parris???? Am I correct??

Comment

Originally Posted by darrenlowe79 View Post
      Correct me if I am wrong but a John Parris customised cue is a cue that John Parris/workshop has worked on the cue is not actually made by Parris???? Am I correct??
      Yes, that is correct. From what I also heard, customized cue from JP is a cue that was made someplace else but JP did some major modifications to it such as weight adjustment, putting on new shaft, splices work, re-tapering, etc...Pls also correct me if I am wrong.

Comment

have red glue on????

Comment

Originally Posted by dickyang147 View Post
          have red glue on????
          It is not a John Parris cue, just customised by him in some way (hence badge) i very much doubt it will have the red glue markings

Comment

Does Britain have the sale of imitation? Shocked! ! I am no longer interested in it

Comment

Originally Posted by dickyang147 View Post
              Does Britain have the sale of imitation? Shocked! ! I am no longer interested in it
              No one said it is imitation, you obviously don't understand the way Parris works. If he gets another makers cue in to do work on, like major splice work, or thinning down of the butt, or adding joints etc he will put one of his "Customised" badges on it, i am sure tho that he would not put his name to a cue that he didn't feel was very good quality to start with.
              Last edited by jrc750; 22 November 2011, 06:46 PM.

Comment

Originally Posted by jrc750 View Post
                No one said it is imitation, you obviously don't understand the way Parris works. If he gets another makers cue in to do work on, like major splice work, or thinning down of the butt, or adding joints etc he will put one of his "Customised" badges on it, i am sure tho that he would not put his name to a cue that he didn't feel was very good quality to start with.
                Thanks for clarification.

Comment

who cares if john parris customised it, people have being brain washed into thinking johh parris cues are magic , get a grip they are way overpriced and not any better than any other cue maker!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11

Comment

Working...
                  X