Mastercraft Custom Cue Maple shaft

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• eBay Mastercraft Custom Cue Maple shaft

Looking to sell my Custom made Mastercraft one piece cue - 57", 16.5-17oz, 9.3/4mm tip fitted with MS Supertip, Ebony Butt with single splice of stripey Kingwood ( very even stripe with brown/purple hue- needle corduroy effect) and single thin orange veneer. fitted with Sd joint in Butt.

Beautiful cue perfectly aligned splice points and butt splices. Selling as I have decided to go back to an ash cue. Have only had cue a few months- mint condition. £120 posted.

Have described cue as best I can -do not know how to upload photos on here but may be able to send via e mail on request.

regards sprog

May I ask if u ship to singapore?

Comment

could you send pictures to adey8ball@gmail.com

thanks
      Always looking to improve.

Comment

Ronnie9 - sorry UK postage only-would even prefer collection - I live in Chester area.

Adey - have sent you photo.

regards Sprog

Comment

hi sprog pics pls to
          crusherlover45@live.co.uk

Comment

Sprog
            Would you send pictures to
            simon.keith147@gmail.com
            Many thanks
            Simon

Comment

Hi,

Cue freshly oiled and fitted with brand new MW supertip -photos can now be accessed via my profile in Album "My Mastercraft Custom Maple Cue".

regards Sprog

Comment

Mastercraft Custom Maple Cue -price reduced

Now Reduced to £ 100 inclusive of postage (UK only)....anyone ?

Comment

Hi i would buy the cue for that price

Comment

Cue Now Sold

Thanks to all who expressed interest.

Sprogbasket

Comment

Hi sprogbasket,
                      May I ask why you are going back to an ash cue? I'm about to order a new cue and still play with my first cue which has a maple shaft. Just wondering what you found the difference to be with ash?

Comment

Orph,

I have played with both Ash and Maple cues over the years - I like the plainness and smoothness of Maple shafts, in my experience they tend to have a more solid hit with less deflection.

I also like Ash cues they are easier to find but I am quite particular about the grain pattern and only like a couple of chevrons with the last one being only a couple of inches from the tip - and prefer lighter coloured Ash or Maple.

I gave up snooker a couple of years ago and sold my Maple cue - having come back to the game I regretted it and ordered a Mastercraft Custom maple cue to my specs-they made me a lovely cue but I could not get used to it. That's the problem all cues, even with identical specs, feel & play differently.

On the advice of a friend and former pro I went to a shop where I could try out the cues and found one that just felt right -as it turned out it was an Ash shafted Peradon Royal 3/4 jointed cue.

I know Peradon cues get mixed reviews on this forum but mine is a cracker and just feels right to me - I am more confident with it, can control the cue ball how I like and look forward to playing with it.

Whilst it is nice and a pleasure in itself having a Custom cue made to your specs and design-it really is a gamble and potentially expensive one at that, Unless you just want something nice to look at rather than play with.

The point for me is that you really are best going somewhere to try out a cue before buying it -that way you can pretty much guarantee you will like how it plays - whether it is a beautiful multi spliced cue, plain ebony butt cue or battered second hand cue taken in PX - after all that's what you want it for -it's no use having a super duper Custom cue with intricate splices if you can't play with it.

Unfortunately you don't get that many Maple cues off the peg but I am sure you can find one if you look around..in the end I opted for the Peradon and I am very happy with it.I personally would never buy " blind again".

regards sprog
                        Last edited by sprogbasket; 10 April 2012, 09:15 PM.

Comment

Thank you for taking the time to explain your decision as thoughtfully as you did, it has certainly given me more food for thought!

Unfortunately, there is only 1 shop within 200 miles of me that sells snooker equipment, and even so, their 'top of the line' cues are made by Cuetec... I haven heard some very mixed reviews about Cuetec cues so I figure my best bet may be to buy blind online.

I've been playing with the same maple cue for the last 18 years, have tried a couple of other graphite and ash cues but they just didn't feel right so I've stuck with it.

The base model Mastercraft cues compare well in price even to the Mastercue (Thailand) range, but I think I might hold out to see if Mike Wooldridge has any Sharks available when his store reopens. Such a difficult decision!

Comment

Working...
                          X