No announcement yet.

Powerglide Connioseur One Piece Ash.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• eBay Powerglide Connioseur One Piece Ash.

FOR SALE!!!

Refinished by Robin Cook yesterday.

One Piece Ash Shaft

58 Inches
    9.5mm Elkmaster Tip
    17 Oz
    30-31mm Butt

Listed on eBay now running auction till end.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/For-Sale-P...item2c6442b905

What happened to the badge?

Comment

Was one of the transfers and it has worn away only negative with the cue everything else is in amazing condition

Comment

Originally Posted by Matt-10ant View Post
        Was one of the transfers and it has worn away only negative with the cue everything else is in amazing condition
        Why not get him to fit a customized by Robin Cook badge on it, it would be worth £300 then
        ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
        Old cue collector --
        Cue Sales: http://oldcues.co.uk/index.php?id=for_sale_specials
        (yes I know they're not cheap, I didn't intend them to be!..)
        ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

Before the badge / transfer issue gets out of hand , I will state quite clearly that this Connoisseur was collected from the house of a well known collector , who happens to run his own cue website, by myself before I passed it on to Matt. This person would not risk his reputation and that of the website by providing imitation/replica goods.This Connoisseur is ,as Matt states, absolutely pin straight,beautifully balanced and plays well.It was a 9.75mm ( or thereabouts) when I had it ,so Robin has re-tapered as well as refinished,new ferrule and tip.I just wanted to " nip the querys in the bud" before they got out of hand.The cue is mint , minus the badge/transfer call it what you want, end of.
          Last edited by old school; 30 March 2012, 10:22 AM. Reason: spelling

Comment

Does it have the Rex Williams signature?
            PS Photo of splices would be nice.
            Last edited by Bigmeek; 30 March 2012, 10:44 AM.

Comment

I don't think anyone said it wasnt?
              ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
              Old cue collector --
              ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

Mike you know that playing " devils advocate " and winding people up is some peoples idea of fun so I didnt want it to get out of hand is all.Bigmeek , there is no Rex Williams signature , the cue is a later one.

Comment

I'm at work at the moment as the cue is at a friends as he put it on eBay for me I'll get him to email me the other pictures he took and post them on here there is no signature on the cue or there isnt after the refinish as all the original varnish was removed the pics don't do the cue justice how good it actually looks.

Thanks Matt

Comment

Did you try Trevor White for the transfers? I remember seeing some pictures of replicas he'd done which had them on.
                    Old cue collector --

Comment

Sorry mate no didn't know about the Trevor White transfers anyhow the cue is on eBay now. So just going to sell it how it is.

Comment

Here is the pictures that my friend has took of the cue.

Comment

Originally Posted by perpetualboredom View Post
                          Did you try Trevor White for the transfers? I remember seeing some pictures of replicas he'd done which had them on.

The transfers / badges on the cues you are referring to were dealt with by Dominic himself, and had nothing to do with me. I have no idea where he had them done. That particular pair of cues also had an ebony block at the base of the cues where the badges sat, whereas on this cue they are maple.

Comment

Yes what i have been told the black base cues where for the red badged as for the maple base the transfers where the brown stickers as the writing would show the maple base.

Comment

Not having a rant anyone particular it might just be me being paranoid lol but i feel everytime i advertise a cue here there is always doubt to the aunthenticity of it as old school says he had the cue before me and accuired it for exchange of the Sheridan cue that i had before but only reason im selling this cue is i got a brand new Stamford yesterday as a birthday present so dont want to leave such a good example of a Connie just lying about not being used.

Thanks Matt

Comment

Working...
                              X