X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• eBay Cues for Sale

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/STUNNING-O...item3f16193391

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/One-Piece-...item3f1618ae1b

Additionally, I have brittinia rack cue for sale at £30 delivered.

57 inches
    9.5mm
    Straight
    30mm

I have fitted a phoenix soft laminated tip and refinished the cue. Its very smooth. Hits the balls decent. A nice cue for anyone wanting something cheap and reliable. Has leather butt pad.
    Last edited by jaffa.johnson; 12 April 2012, 10:15 PM.

The Travis looks great mate, good luck with the sales :snooker:
    "You have to play the game like it means nothing, when in fact it means everything to you" Steve Davis.

Comment

Jaffa is the maple an actual robin cook or has it just been customised/altered by robin?
      Dan

Comment

Originally Posted by dpcw_wsm View Post
        Jaffa is the maple an actual robin cook or has it just been customised/altered by robin?
        Dan
        Well the cue is listed as "customised Robin Cook"...
        And the badge clearly shows "Customised By Robin Cook"...

Logic would therefore conclude... take a guess?
        ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
        Old cue collector --
        Cue Sales: http://oldcues.co.uk/index.php?id=for_sale_specials
        (yes I know they're not cheap, I didn't intend them to be!..)
        ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

i guess that it was cooked by Robin?

Comment

that Travis cue looks like an absolute cracker btw, im a sucker for Tulip wood.

Comment

Originally Posted by perpetualboredom View Post

Cheers mike, i chuckled to this.

You still searching for magic wand then Dan? This is a cracking pool cue.

Comment

Originally Posted by stejohn View Post
                that Travis cue looks like an absolute cracker btw, im a sucker for Tulip wood.
                Yes, its a very popular wood.

Comment

You wil not be alone in buying and selling cues. Many guys on here do that.

If you get either cue for £200 then its a bargain. Both are worth £250 easy.

Hopefully ebay will come up trumps for me.

Comment

Originally Posted by perpetualboredom View Post

Title on listing "STUNNING ONE PIECE MAPLE CUE" no mention of robin cook
                    1st line of add "FOR SALE IS MY STUNNING HAND SPLICED CUSTOMISED ROBIN COOK ONE PIECE MAPLE CUE"

To me the sentence say's that this is a handmade cue by an unlisted maker that robin cook has then worked on.
                    I did wounder why a established cue maker would put there name to someone else's work but the way it was listed and the fact you cant see the pic of a 'robin' in the maker badge put a little bit of doubt in my mind so i thought I'd ask jaffa so i knew for sure

Im very sorry to have inconvenienced you by asking the question perpetualboredom

Comment

Originally Posted by jaffa.johnson View Post
                      Cheers mike, i chuckled to this.

You still searching for magic wand then Dan? This is a cracking pool cue.
                      I just get bored jaffa and like to buy and sell cue's. If I had the money I'd keep em all but need to move em on when I've got bored of one!

I've never had a robin cook so may have a bid

Comment

Originally Posted by dpcw_wsm View Post
                        Title on listing "STUNNING ONE PIECE MAPLE CUE" no mention of robin cook
                        1st line of add "FOR SALE IS MY STUNNING HAND SPLICED CUSTOMISED ROBIN COOK ONE PIECE MAPLE CUE"

To me the sentence say's that this is a handmade cue by an unlisted maker that robin cook has then worked on.
                        I did wounder why a established cue maker would put there name to someone else's work but the way it was listed and the fact you cant see the pic of a 'robin' in the maker badge put a little bit of doubt in my mind so i thought I'd ask jaffa so i knew for sure

Im very sorry to have inconvenienced you by asking the question perpetualboredom
                        I just thought it was made perfectly clear and obvious that Robin Cook did not make this cue? I know some cue makers are not very keen to put their badges even "customised bys" on cues they've worked on - I can see why with the confusion it causes.

As for it being worth £250 because he put his badge on it (guess the work done cost under £50), then it looks like I'll be sending 30 or so cues to Robin to turn cues I've paid next to nothing for into £250 ones... it sounds a profitable business that.
                        ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                        Old cue collector --
                        Cue Sales: http://oldcues.co.uk/index.php?id=for_sale_specials
                        (yes I know they're not cheap, I didn't intend them to be!..)
                        ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

Just been and had a knock with Keith who purchased the Trav, he played well with it esp as he'd never used a Maple cue before, he had a 20 odd and a 30 odd.. Cracking cue worth more than he paid for it!
                          One day I'll make a century, I've knocked in a 51!

Comment

Originally Posted by DWOT View Post
                            Just been and had a knock with Keith who purchased the Trav, he played well with it esp as he'd never used a Maple cue before, he had a 20 odd and a 30 odd.. Cracking cue worth more than he paid for it!
                            Certainly is!

Another guy called scott was interested but missed the ending, he offered me £175 after the bidding finished but obviously i wouldnt cancel the winner as he won the bid fairly.

Very disappointed as it had over 70 watchers.

Comment

Originally Posted by jaffa.johnson View Post
                              Certainly is!

Another guy called scott was interested but missed the ending, he offered me £175 after the bidding finished but obviously i wouldnt cancel the winner as he won the bid fairly.

Very disappointed as it had over 70 watchers.
                              Win some lose some... 70 watchers, probably 60 off here just seeing how much it went for!
                              One day I'll make a century, I've knocked in a 51!

Comment

Working...
                              X