Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Replacement Aramith Premier single red snooker ball (full size)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wanted Replacement Aramith Premier single red snooker ball (full size)

Hi all!

I'm looking for a single full size Aramith Premier red snooker ball. Does anyone have these for sale, or know where I might get one? I thought I'd seen them on eBay before but I've just had a look and can't find any. A 14-red set just isn't the same!

Thanks!

http://www.fcsnooker.co.uk/acatalog/..._Balls_15.html
    3rd from bottom

Comment

Originally Posted by Nugget View Post
      Hi all!

I'm looking for a single full size Aramith Premier red snooker ball. Does anyone have these for sale, or know where I might get one? I thought I'd seen them on eBay before but I've just had a look and can't find any. A 14-red set just isn't the same!

Thanks!
      Hi Nugget, got loads of single balls, just PM and I'll send you details...

Cheers, Dave

Comment

Originally Posted by snookerpoolman View Post
        Hi Nugget, got loads of single balls, just PM and I'll send you details...

Cheers, Dave
        So it's you who's been nicking them off the tables at Clay Cross!
        One day I'll make a century, I've knocked in a 51!

Comment

Originally Posted by DWOT View Post
          So it's you who's been nicking them off the tables at Clay Cross!
          Ha!!! Nice one Dwayne!!!!

Comment

Originally Posted by SwissTony View Post
            These are actually tournament champion balls .. I wonder why they don't sell the premier ones separately?

I wouldn't reccomend that you use these because they are a different weight (142g) as opposed to your Premier balls (128g). When you come to play that particular 142g red with you 128g white the cue ball will come off completely differently.

Comment

arrgg sorry didnt see the premier bit.

Comment

Thanks to all for the replies!

Comment

Not wanting to start a new thread , but on a similar theme , could somebody provide the answer to firstly the weight of Aramith ball's [ both types ] and Super Crystalite , our club have being using the latter for a few years now and , with the table's sliding a bit i now struggle to make 50 break's in practice as well as matches , i used to have 50+ most night's in practice , with the Aramith. Are they lighter / harder or a lot more responsive, because i struggle to control the cue ball using crystalite.

Secondly could it be confirmed that over time ,a cue ball doe's shrink due to being repeatedly hit by the tip , each time in fact microns of dust come from the ball , eventually this makes the cue ball smaller, thus the expression a light cue ball , which when hit against a ball makes the object ball react. differently .

Any help , and answers to the above would be appreciated as i have unsucessfully tried to get our club to change to the aramith ball's for ages now without any success.

Comment

Originally Posted by highbreak 8 View Post
                    Not wanting to start a new thread , but on a similar theme , could somebody provide the answer to firstly the weight of Aramith ball's [ both types ] and Super Crystalite , our club have being using the latter for a few years now and , with the table's sliding a bit i now struggle to make 50 break's in practice as well as matches , i used to have 50+ most night's in practice , with the Aramith. Are they lighter / harder or a lot more responsive, because i struggle to control the cue ball using crystalite.
                    To clarify what has been mentioned before:
                    Aramith Tournament Champion SuperPro1G - approx 139-141g but only 1g range across the set or 22 balls
                    Aramith Tournament Champion - approx 139-141g but with 3g range across the set.
                    Aramith Premier - approx 128g (range limit unknown)
                    Super Crystalate - weight unknown but with 3g range across the set.

Anyone fill in the gaps?

Originally Posted by highbreak 8 View Post
                    Secondly could it be confirmed that over time ,a cue ball doe's shrink due to being repeatedly hit by the tip , each time in fact microns of dust come from the ball , eventually this makes the cue ball smaller, thus the expression a light cue ball , which when hit against a ball makes the object ball react. differently .

Any help , and answers to the above would be appreciated as i have unsucessfully tried to get our club to change to the aramith ball's for ages now without any success.
                    This has been mentioned before (sorry cannot find the old post) and I believe the outcome was that someone checked some of their olds sets and did not find any appreciable reduction in weight.
                    cheers :snooker:
                    Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Working...
                    X