Parris Ultimate

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wanted Parris Ultimate

Just got back from holiday and I have decided to look for another parris ultimate, wondering if anyone on TSF had 1 they were willing to sell. I will consider all parris ultimate cues on their own merit including 3/4 maple but I would prefer 1 piece ash if I'm honest:
    Specs required
    57-58 inch length
    17.5-18.5oz weight
    9.4-10mm ferrule/tip
    29-30mm butt diameter
    16-17.5 inch balance point

I've got cash waiting and also a couple of other cues if someone wanted a part ex deal
    Last edited by rob s; 25 August 2013, 09:06 AM.
    77 in a match, 97 in a line up

Got another itch Rob
    Still trying to pot as many balls as i can !

Comment

No longer looking for an ultimate, the mrs would kill me if I bought another cue after selling my TW lol

Comment

Did you sell that tw you had on eBay

Comment

Originally Posted by Andrew watt View Post
          Did you sell that tw you had on eBay
          Yes mate that's sold

Comment

rob:

Did you get any Ultimates offered? I have never seen one and I would like to try one out for awhile but they are just too expensive for me to buy.

Terry
            Terry Davidson
            IBSF Master Coach & Examiner

Comment

Originally Posted by Terry Davidson View Post
              rob:

Did you get any Ultimates offered? I have never seen one and I would like to try one out for awhile but they are just too expensive for me to buy.

Terry
              Yeh I got offered 3 but they were all crazy money apart from 1 which I never found out the price due to the look if the shaft

Comment

the only one I have played with had a splice coming out (only 3 years old too) . . .
                My favourite players: Walter Lindrum (AUS), Neil Robertson (AUS), Eddie Charlton (AUS), Robby Foldvari (AUS), Vinnie Calabrese (AUS), Jimmy White, Stephen Hendry, Alex Higgins, Ronnie O'Sullivan, Dominic Dale and Barry Hawkins.
                I dream of a 147 (but would be happy with a 100)

Comment

Originally Posted by mythman69 View Post
                  the only one I have played with had a splice coming out (only 3 years old too) . . .
                  Yeh I've had a similar problem with a JP special about 18 months ago, I've owned 7 JPUs maybe more but I can remember number 207, 294, 767, 905, 1053, 1340 and 2026 some of them were amazing cues but some were nothing special IMO. Its like anything in life, you get great 1s and then you get more average 1s and that can be said for all the top cuemakers
                  Last edited by rob s; 29 August 2013, 08:54 AM.

Comment

Thanks for the answer rob. I figured they would be very expensive and judging from the many comments on here there is no guarantee you will get a great cue or at least an Ultimate which is worth the money paid for it.

Terry
                    Terry Davidson

Comment

Originally Posted by Terry Davidson View Post
                      Thanks for the answer rob. I figured they would be very expensive and judging from the many comments on here there is no guarantee you will get a great cue or at least an Ultimate which is worth the money paid for it.

Terry
                      Very very true Terry,
                      However, the JPU is the ONLY cue in the WORLD that one can on sell for a handsome profit, so it doesn't matter if it doesn't tickle you in the right way you just sell it and move on.
                      " Cues are like girlfriends,once they become an EX I don't want them hanging around ".

Comment

sydney:

That may be true however if I pay a lot for a cue I expect to get a really good cue plus of course there's the hassle of trying to sell an Ultimate. The most expensive cues I've purchased at 800+ have been a Mike Wooldridge and a Dave Coutts and I got an excellent cue both times. I use the MW as my playing cue however I couldn't get on with the DC cue and sold that on for about what I paid for it.

Here in Canada players will not pay more than about maybe 300GBP for a cue unless it happens to be a Gauthier as those sell for around $1,000(CAN) or about 650GBP for a good one and here would be more attractive than an Ultimate.

Terry
                        Terry Davidson

Comment

Working...
                        X