No announcement yet.

John Parris - CLASSIC/TRADITIONAL CUE

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I want a Parris though do you have any and what prices are they?

Comment

Tommo, see my other thread. I've got one in your spec range. Send me an email to barry0947@gmail.com for some photos.

Comment

just sent you an email.......

Comment

think you should maybe read around a bit on the forum before you decide.
          https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/adr147

Comment

Originally Posted by tommo146 View Post
            I want a Parris though do you have any and what prices are they?
            im afraid you are narrowing your options there, I have had a few parris cues and no better than other cues I have owned from people like dave brown, tony ions, master cue, north west and Robert Osborne, for some reason he managed to corner the market years ago and people have given more credence to his name than the actual cues, perfect example is Stephen hendrey had an old rex Williams endorsed cue and won the world title and a couple of other things with it, all in the mind
            Craftsman custom made cue
            57 inches
            17 ounces
            9 mil Wooldridge original supertip
            ash shaft plain ebony butt

Comment

Originally Posted by ADR147 View Post
              think you should maybe read around a bit on the forum before you decide.
              Very good advice
              Still trying to pot as many balls as i can !

Comment

Don't agree all in the mind, I had a joe davis old peradon since i started playing 25 years ago and i have tried quite a few cues since it broke this year and i have to say only parris cues have been the ones i can get used to and feel good they have solid shaft and great chevrons on most as for Stephen Hendry you are probably talking the best player ever to pick a cue up for all round game and in massive pressure situations he could probably have won with a twig in his hey day exceptional but for us mere mortals the slightest improvement by a good cue stick is vital and a friend of mine advised me of specs i should try and having done this and used a parris my win percentage in matches has vastly improved only draw back has been my long game not been so good but consistency much better so have to disagree about it being all in the mind!

Comment

Don't agree all in the mind, I had a joe davis old peradon since i started playing 25 years ago and i have tried quite a few cues since it broke this year and i have to say only parris cues have been the ones i can get used to and feel good they have solid shaft and great chevrons on most as for Stephen Hendry you are probably talking the best player ever to pick a cue up for all round game and in massive pressure situations he could probably have won with a twig in his hey day exceptional but for us mere mortals the slightest improvement by a good cue stick is vital and a friend of mine advised me of specs i should try and having done this and used a parris my win percentage in matches has vastly improved only draw back has been my long game not been so good but consistency much better so have to disagree about it being all in the mind!
                  with the greatest respect you are totally wrong. !

Comment

your opinion so with the greatest respect your wrong! I can only speak how this has improved my game what works for one doesn't always work for someone else

Comment

when you say great chevrons isn't that a mind/personel thing, many cues out there that have great chevrons down shaft and again feel and touch is a confidence thing, totally agree that for us mere mortals that extra bit is vital but don't think its down to the cue maker, I had an old riley machins spliced thing from a kays catalogue in the early eighties, made as many centuries with that as ever did with any other cue, got an old tombstone off a gent in club and played well with that but when it gave up the ghost tried everything, the number of times I drove away from craftsman in particular having potted of the light shade with a cue that I bought then got back to club and it was always too long too heavy too many arrows, was always me but blamed cue, have had 4 parris cues that I have used and several others I bought and sold straight away without hitting a ball because felt wrong, agree parris make great cues but if you are on about the machine spliced plain ebony butted joe davis peradon cue sue a few people would say easy to step up from, but if that was your own particular wand that served you well then same as me nothing will replace it and in your mind the name parris on the cue will give you extra comfort, was same with me when I bought a Robert Osborne of richy mac several years ago, now use a craftsman 147 but had a pro ash shaft put in knocking centuries in every now and then but still looking everywhere for something else because my mind keeps telling me its the cue and another cue will put it right.
                      not disagreeing with you or wanting to cause a row just in my humble opinion think its very easy to spend a lot of money on a name thinking that it must be the best out there, but as we all know there are plenty of players doing very well with any old piece of wood, how about alan McManus as another example of someone who had a lot of success without a recognised cue
                      Craftsman custom made cue
                      57 inches
                      17 ounces
                      9 mil Wooldridge original supertip
                      ash shaft plain ebony butt

Comment

your opinion so with the greatest respect your wrong! I can only speak how this has improved my game what works for one doesn't always work for someone else
                        not at all, it is not a matter of opinion, it is a matter of fact. every single cue is different as every piece of wood is different, so the idea that a parris cue has a better feel or a more solid shaft etc is just silly!

Comment

I must admit feel of a parris is better than any other cue i have ever plated with nothing to do with the name they just play well stiff shafts aswell had some very springy ones which do not suit me all about personal choice!

Comment

Like I said personal choice if every piece of wood was the same we would all use a broomstick and play exactly as good what utter nonsense! All cues are different and suit different types of player!

Comment

I must admit feel of a parris is better than any other cue i have ever plated with nothing to do with the name they just play well stiff shafts aswell had some very springy ones which do not suit me all about personal choice!
                              i have 300 or so top class cues here and i would happily bet you a porsche that you can't pick out a parris blindfolded.

Comment

I'm the complete opposite - I haven't picked up 1 Parris that has felt right for me.

Comment

Working...
                                X