Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally Posted by ADR147 View Post
    Originally Posted by Dave Walton View Post
    I highly doubt John Parris himself could pick out his own cue out of 300 quality cues, there's so little difference between the top makers
    i don't think anybody could mate, my point is that every single cue is different, to state any one maker has cues with more solid shafts etc etc is silly.
    I know mate and I agree 100% with your comments, this bloke is wearing rose tinted glasses for Parris cues

Comment

please guys, give tommo146 a break ...

all he said, before you lot started getting on his case, was that he wanted to buy a Parris cue ... is that so wrong? apparently so from the numerous postings criticising him ... he's only getting slightly defensive cos you lot seem to be like sharks circling round some poor prey ...

the weird thing is if he said he wanted to buy a Trevor White, you'd all probably be saying great choice mate ...

so give the guy a break, he just wants to buy a John Parris cue ... you don't have to help him (although this is a forum so that would be nice) but for sure you shouldn't be trying to tear him to pieces ...

Comment

I know someone who plays snooker for 75 years. He has a Parris cue. He makes at least two times a day 185 breaks.

Comment

Originally Posted by DandyA View Post
          please guys, give tommo146 a break ...

all he said, before you lot started getting on his case, was that he wanted to buy a Parris cue ... is that so wrong? apparently so from the numerous postings criticising him ... he's only getting slightly defensive cos you lot seem to be like sharks circling round some poor prey ...

the weird thing is if he said he wanted to buy a Trevor White, you'd all probably be saying great choice mate ...

so give the guy a break, he just wants to buy a John Parris cue ... you don't have to help him (although this is a forum so that would be nice) but for sure you shouldn't be trying to tear him to pieces ...
          You've missed the point mate, its not that he wants a Parris cue its that he's saying Parris cues play the best and have the best feel and are all stiff shafts which is just utter nonsense that people are getting at. Nothing wrong with someone wanting to own a particular makers cue

Comment

You've missed the point mate, its not that he wants a Parris cue its that he's saying Parris cues play the best and have the best feel and are all stiff shafts which is just utter nonsense that people are getting at. Nothing wrong with someone wanting to own a particular makers cue
            ah a geordie that can read, a rare breed indeed!
            https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/adr147

Comment

Lmao cheeky tw *t

Comment

Lmao cheeky tw *t
                lol all in good nature i promise!

Comment

no I am not missing the point Dave ... read the thread from the very beginning, tommo146 was politely enquiring about buying a Parris cue and made no claims they were better than others, simply that he wanted to buy one ...

it all started going wrong with ADR's post #19 and then other forum members quickly jumped on the bandwagon criticising tommo and he has become defensive - as most people will do in those circumstances - and, indeed, as the "sharks" on this thread have done ...

give tommo146 a break, he's a new member from Aug 2013 and he wants to buy a Parris cue ... I believe the forum should try to help new members and not try to bite their heads off ...

Comment

no I am not missing the point Dave ... read the thread from the very beginning, tommo146 was politely enquiring about buying a Parris cue and made no claims they were better than others, simply that he wanted to buy one ...

it all started going wrong with ADR's post #19 and then other forum members quickly jumped on the bandwagon criticising tommo and he has become defensive - as most people will do in those circumstances - and, indeed, as the "sharks" on this thread have done ...

give tommo146 a break, he's a new member from Aug 2013 and he wants to buy a Parris cue ... I believe the forum should try to help new members and not try to bite their heads off ...
                    you think this was bad advice? think you should maybe read around a bit on the forum before you decide.

Original Source: http://www.thesnookerforum.co.uk/boa...#ixzz2jGLD4FxX
                    - TSF - TheSnookerForum.com

Comment

I've read every comment and I'm fully aware that he asked if anyone had a Parris cue for sale, all Adr said was look through the forum on other makers before making the decision to buy a Parris, which imo was good advice, it was Tomo who then started accusing Adr of slagging of Parris cues which he hadn't, merely tried to help him make an informed decision

Comment

you think this was bad advice? think you should maybe read around a bit on the forum before you decide.
                        no ADR, I'm not saying your advice was bad advice at all ... indeed, I think you always give good advice and certainly well meant ...

what I am saying is if tommo wants to buy a Parris cue, that's his prerogative - there is no need for the forum to get on his case and criticise him for it ... I did not mean to single you out, it's been a joint effort by a number of senior members of the forum ...

Comment

no ADR, I'm not saying your advice was bad advice at all ... indeed, I think you always give good advice and certainly well meant ...

what I am saying is if tommo wants to buy a Parris cue, that's his prerogative - there is no need for the forum to get on his case and criticise him for it ... I did not mean to single you out, it's been a joint effort by a number of senior members of the forum ...
                          nobody has criticised him for wanting to buy a parris cue, people have simple said to have a look around at other options, as regards getting on his case he as been the only one on the attack, if he didn't want it should have went on gumtree or ebay rather than a forum which by its very definition is for people to freely express their opinion
                          Craftsman custom made cue
                          57 inches
                          17 ounces
                          9 mil Wooldridge original supertip
                          ash shaft plain ebony butt

Comment

we get people to read it for us lol
                            Craftsman custom made cue
                            57 inches
                            17 ounces
                            9 mil Wooldridge original supertip
                            ash shaft plain ebony butt

Comment

Thanks at last DandyA someone who read the original post just wanted to know if someone had a parris classic or trad for sale and I knew this is the cue maker I wanted to purchase as I have played with a couple and 'get on' with them thats not to say they are the best but for me personally must just suit me like i said in previous posts to ADR if we all liked the same cue maker their would only be one cue maker for all! I feek ADR thinks his opinion is always right and nobody is always right thats fact just because he is a 'professional cue dealer' doesnt make him the only person who can be right about cues, I have now purchased a Parris and I am sure will be happy with it I only asked to see if i could get one from the forum and I am glad i found out ADR's attitude as I wouldn't buy any cue off him after the way he pushed his opinion on me. I thank you for acknowledging the original post and as this was a forum expected a bit of help not being preached about what i do or dont know about cues lol

Comment

Originally Posted by Stupree View Post
                                Oh and by the way I have two JP cues that may be of interest to you. If you PM me you email address I can send you some photos and details.
                                You're welcome! Good luck with your cue
                                On Cue Facebook Page
                                Stuart Graham Coaching Website - On a break until March 2015
                                Ton Praram Cues UK Price List

Comment

Working...
                                X