No announcement yet.

John Parris - CLASSIC/TRADITIONAL CUE

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ash was poor quality compared to parris i have now heavier shaft more solid good chevrons to line shot up it was just better mate like comparing a ferrari to a skoda lol

Comment

• Originally Posted by tommo146 View Post
      the cue had a film on it .....it had a very flexible shaft probably 5/10 at best and played like a machine spliced peradon cue.......very poor for so much money ....balance was butt heavy also and very thin butt plus long splicing
      Well if you know anything about cues you would know to ask questions about it before buying! All those points would of been addressed, maybe it was ordered that way? I have been to Greenbaize dozens of times, never once seen a whippy cue

Comment

• bloke i bought it off when straight to a trevor white which look nice cues had GBL 3 months from new and got rid says it all....it is a few of you on here that are hoodwinked into thinking thai is on the up.......thai, chinese etc are not as good as uk made we should have pride in our uk cue makers because they so much better than anything from abroad......they are crafty GBL because made in Thai but marketed by a top guy at GBL whose name is Stu very helpful guy but he is going to be shifting this thai rubbish but people believe they are good lol

Comment

• like i said personal experience i think they are crap cheap thai rubbish with a 300 percent mark up in the uk you can buy these cues from stock you cannot buy any decent cue from stock .....top cue makers you have to wait a long time and not always best customer service......i had a repair done by tony glover done a great job but long wait and poor customer service with green baize good customer service poor product but because people get cue quicker etc they think its better easily fooled in my view

Comment

• thai made cues are very rarely whippy. gbl without a doubt on average will be some of the stiffest shafts available - for sure too stiff for my taste.
            https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/adr147

Comment

• You can only buy them from stock because Stu orders them so far in advance lol, he has done all the waiting for you!!!!!

Comment

• like i said maybe most are stiff but this one was most defo not very poor it was like a cheap peradon lazer not good quality had one for sale on ebay struggled to shift it nobody wants them tells u all u need to know

Comment

• stu orders them so got plenty available for people who do not know what they are buying.....they are decent but are a poor mans hand made cue.......sure they will get better but just not up to a parris, white, wooldridge, muncaster etc

Comment

• also the idea that stu makes a 300% mark up is a joke i know him well and have said to him many times he does not make anywhere near enough in relation to the amount of money he is laying out, he does not even make 50% on a cue let alone 300% and when you consider the service he offers and the fact that he is doing the waiting for you tying his money up it is incredible value, and that is a fact!

Comment

• You clearly know nothing about snooker cues gbls are as good as any cue you can buy I suppose stephen maguire and a few of
                      The other top pros who use gbls are hoodwinked to your just making yourself look like a *****. I have owned plenty cues by english makersi
                      Robin cook mike wooldridge been to north west cues plenty of times as I lve not far from preston also parris superior and ultimate 925 which I
                      Got brand new from john parris so I have a bases on which I can say gbls are as good because I have actually owned them. You have mentioned
                      Lots of makers in your posts but have you actually owned them and played with them to make a comparison?.

Comment

• Originally Posted by tommo146 View Post
                        like i said personal experience i think they are crap cheap thai rubbish with a 300 percent mark up in the uk you can buy these cues from stock you cannot buy any decent cue from stock .....top cue makers you have to wait a long time and not always best customer service......i had a repair done by tony glover done a great job but long wait and poor customer service with green baize good customer service poor product but because people get cue quicker etc they think its better easily fooled in my view
                        Thai crap I suppose the maximus cues greenbaize sells are sh#t too even though dominic dale as openly said they are as good as any
                        Cue he as ever had and coming from him that must be good. As he's owned more cues than soft mick and is probably one of the best cue
                        Experts in the snooker world. If you go into parris cues he always as some cues in a rack to buy mike wooldrige also as cues for sale on his
                        Website so your wrong on that point too. Tommo146 your 1st name isn't gary by any chance?

Comment

• Originally Posted by ste bed View Post
                          Thai crap I suppose the maximus cues greenbaize sells are sh#t too even though dominic dale as openly said they are as good as any
                          Cue he as ever had and coming from him that must be good. As he's owned more cues than soft mick and is probably one of the best cue
                          Experts in the snooker world. If you go into parris cues he always as some cues in a rack to buy mike wooldrige also as cues for sale on his
                          Website so your wrong on that point too. Tommo146 your 1st name isn't gary by any chance?
                          lol - i love it when somebody says as i feel!

Comment

• Originally Posted by ste bed View Post
                            Tommo146 your 1st name isn't gary by any chance?
                            Who is Gary??
                            My favourite players: Walter Lindrum (AUS), Neil Robertson (AUS), Eddie Charlton (AUS), Robby Foldvari (AUS), Vinnie Calabrese (AUS), Jimmy White, Stephen Hendry, Alex Higgins, Ronnie O'Sullivan, Dominic Dale and Barry Hawkins.
                            I dream of a 147 (but would be happy with a 100)

Comment

• Well its true I am nt saying parris cues are crap far from it I actually like parris cues but to say gbls are crap is just foolish adr147 have you ever
                              Seen a thai cue with a whippy shaft and poor ash like you said there probably over stiff especially master cue they are renouned for being very stiff cues
                              As for the quality of ash just look thru the greenbaize web site at the new gbls and maximum cues the grain is superb of course this dosent mean
                              They will play well thats where stu's word comes in but he must have built up such a good rep over the years selling cheap thai crap.

Comment

• Originally Posted by mythman69 View Post
                                Who is Gary??
                                What kind of post is this I was asking if his 1st name is gary by any chance what's it to you do you know his name.

Comment

Working...
                                X