John Parris - CLASSIC/TRADITIONAL CUE

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally Posted by tommo146 View Post
    LOL......Where can i buy one from ? Gotta be a grand plus for one of those they are unique with an 11mm tip lmao
    11mm tip isn't any good for me I use the smallest amount of tip and play with mostly my ferrule. I once had a 51 break in a league match with a ferrule.

Comment

• Originally Posted by BeerMonsterNudge View Post
      There is only one cue maker named John that i would trust and it's not Parris, can't go wrong with a Bennett
      John Bennett, no longer making cues from before WWII, the same maker?

Originally Posted by BeerMonsterNudge View Post
      11mm tip isn't any good for me I use the smallest amount of tip and play with mostly my ferrule. I once had a 51 break in a league match with a ferrule.
      Do you mean you have only a sliver of a tip on the ferrule or no tip at all?
      1. that must be difficult to get screw/side etc.
      2. most clubs would not let you play as you can easily damage the balls
      Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

• Yes THE John Bennett, brilliant cue maker.
        I use the smallest amount of tip on the cue, I sand it down so much that i'm almost playing with just a ferrule. It suits my game down to the ground I've tried playing with more of a tip and it doesn't suit me at all. I play everything plain ball love the tinking sound it makes striking the balls.

Comment

Yes THE John Bennett, brilliant cue maker.
          I use the smallest amount of tip on the cue, I sand it down so much that i'm almost playing with just a ferrule. It suits my game down to the ground I've tried playing with more of a tip and it doesn't suit me at all. I play everything plain ball love the tinking sound it makes striking the balls.
          Well our club would ban you immediately for playing with a tiny tip, unless you brought your own balls!! I imagine damage to balls would be pretty frequent mate.....our club sometimes does random checks of tips.
          You may defeat me but I will fight you to the very end!!!!

Comment

as said, most clubs will ban you for playing with barely covered ferrule.
            I have seen many a club ball with the crescent shaped dents
            Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

• The Parris I have is from 15 years ago so likeyhood is was made by him .....agree with you that other cue makers working for John are doing them now but not 15 years ago......did not get on with GBL hated it .......you need a slap

Comment

• Originally Posted by DeanH View Post
                as said, most clubs will ban you for playing with barely covered ferrule.
                I have seen many a club ball with the crescent shaped dents
                Superb Nudgemaster i might do this sounds good ha ha

Comment

• Because you hated a GBL Cue, doesn't mean that they are no good .

You defend JP others are defending GBL .

Its all subjective at the end of the day .
                  Still trying to pot as many balls as i can !

Comment

Superb Beermonster.......sounds a good tactic does it win you many games lol

Comment

• Originally Posted by neil taperell View Post
                      Because you hated a GBL Cue, doesn't mean that they are no good .

You defend JP others are defending GBL .

Its all subjective at the end of the day .
                      Very true only defended beacuse a lot of people here seem to hate Parris I dont really care plays great for me end of as for GBL they ok really just not for me

Comment

That makes you a hell of a player lmao

Comment

• They won't ban me because I spend a fortune on beer

Comment

They won't ban me because I spend a fortune on beer
                            very TRUE YOU ARE A BEERMONSTER ! CAN YOU PICK ME UP FROM THE CHIPPY LOL

Comment

why don't you just put a talisman hard tip on you will get pretty much the same effect, without destroying the clubs balls.

Comment

• Originally Posted by bradlymattews View Post
                                why don't you just put a talisman hard tip on you will get pretty much the same effect, without destroying the clubs balls.
                                lol - glue half a marble to your cue.
                                https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/adr147

Comment

Working...
                                X