Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• eBay Question for snooker cue sellers/traders

A couple actually,

What problems have you experienced in shipping cues to China/Asia/Abroad?
    Would you sell to someone on eBay with a zero rating
    Any safeguards to use or other advice when shipping high-end stuff as above?

Thanks in advance

[QUOTE=sberry;745621]A couple actually,

What problems have you experienced in shipping cues to China/Asia/Abroad?
    Would you sell to someone on eBay with a zero rating
    Any safeguards to use or other advice when shipping high-end stuff as above?

Buyer in asia may need to pay extra for custom clearance tax when they receive the item.

If u have cue oil or any liquid in the parcel, higher chances of custom will need to investigate what is inside.

Had very very bad experience with india buyer, pakistan buyer and bangladesh buyer. Got to be very careful when dealing with them, they think they are the king when they have few penny in the pocket.

Comment

You are going to leave yourself wide open sending valuable stuff overseas the eBay buyer protection is 100% behind the buyer and never backs the seller as I found out a about 18 months ago with my Tag heuer watch I sold for £600 to someone in the states they launched a dispute saying the item not has described although I must have sent them 50/60 pics etc and they even left positive feedback but eBay still said they were right and give them a refund and I never got my watch back. At least if it had been sold to someone in the UK I could have driven to where they lived and got the watch back and also got the police etc involved. I would sell to someone with zero rating because everybody on eBay starts off with zero rating although I would prefer to sell them something of low value.

Comment

Originally Posted by ardvark66 View Post
        You are going to leave yourself wide open sending valuable stuff overseas the eBay buyer protection is 100% behind the buyer and never backs the seller as I found out a about 18 months ago with my Tag heuer watch I sold for £600 to someone in the states they launched a dispute saying the item not has described although I must have sent them 50/60 pics etc and they even left positive feedback but eBay still said they were right and give them a refund and I never got my watch back. At least if it had been sold to someone in the UK I could have driven to where they lived and got the watch back and also got the police etc involved. I would sell to someone with zero rating because everybody on eBay starts off with zero rating although I would prefer to sell them something of low value.
        Can i please ask what they thought was "not as described" ?? and did you get chance to respond ?? if you never got the watch back did you contact ebay for a refund ???

Comment

The watch was quite old and they said that they were more scratches on the strap than they was and my response was that the seller knew what they were buying due to the amount of photos that they had asked for eBay refunded them through the buyer protection scheme and the buyer never returned the watch despite numerous emails the buyer promised to return via recorded post but never did and about 6 weeks later they were showing s no longer a member of eBay .Strangely enough they had bought loads of very cheap items I suppose what we would buy in 99p shops and had got 100% feedback so I thought it would be safe and I often wonder if these people buy a load of cheap stuff to build up good feedback and then rip somebody off on a expensive item using eBay’s buyer protection.Have a look on the net they are loads of horror stories about ebay and the buyer protection sheme

Comment

Hmm some sad people around, but seeing as you never got it back what did ebay do for you ???
            I assume after refunding the buyer they billed you ??? but if you didn't get it back they should refund you and chase the buyer ???

Comment

Working...
            X