***Unusual Burwat Champion replica for sale***

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• eBay ***Unusual Burwat Champion replica for sale***

Unusual Burwat Champion replica for sale, told around 20 years old, maybe by Tony Ions ???
    Bit different this one, firstly the front splice is ebony (looks good actually ), and secondly it has been spliced old style, ie when you hold the badge into the palm of your hand the ebony splice is on top, and you sight down the grain, not the chevrons !! Cue is in perfect condition, probably just been in a collection and hardly used.
    Specs: 57", 9.5 ferrule, 18.35 oz, 30 butt, 16 1/2" balance point
    Now on ebay, so needs to run there http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Burwat-Cha...-/261361155888
    Last edited by jrc750; 27 December 2013, 12:00 PM. Reason: Now on ebay

That's a beauty mate I have started to like they style of badges more a see them

Comment

Looks good mate. Bit strange to go to all the trouble of making a replica of one of the most famous cues of all time and not use the correct wood in the splicing! Still like the look of it tho',how does it play? Is it stiff or whippy at all? All the best with the sale.

Comment

Originally Posted by gtjohnnymac1965 View Post
        Looks good mate. Bit strange to go to all the trouble of making a replica of one of the most famous cues of all time and not use the correct wood in the splicing! Still like the look of it tho',how does it play? Is it stiff or whippy at all? All the best with the sale.
        Shaft is medium stiff so no problem as a player, looks a bit different to what i'm used to for sure, wonder if there was one made like this ???

Comment

Originally Posted by gtjohnnymac1965 View Post
          I have seen burwats like this before.
          https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/adr147

Comment

Originally Posted by ADR147 View Post
            I have seen burwats like this before.
            Just to clarify things, do you mean original cues done like this ??? or only replica's ??? cheers

Comment

Originally Posted by jrc750 View Post
              Just to clarify things, do you mean original cues done like this ??? or only replica's ??? cheers
              originals - the ebony front splice I have seen a few times also in leadwood thuya maple etc.
              https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/adr147

Comment

i'd say it's a replica of an early first edition Burwat, i've owned a couple of originals with splicing like this.

Comment

Originally Posted by CueAntW147 View Post
                  i'd say it's a replica of an early first edition Burwat, i've owned a couple of originals with splicing like this.
                  Thanks mate hard to find any pics of them tho, you have any ?? lol

Comment

Originally Posted by jrc750 View Post
                    Thanks mate hard to find any pics of them tho, you have any ?? lol
                    Well mate there's probably a good reason for that out of all the Burwats i've seen & owned only a couple had splicing really dark like yours and they were early first editions, even the indian rosewood versions of these could be very dark.

Comment

1st bid received on ebay, so needs to run there

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Burwat-Cha...-/261361155888

Comment

Good luck with auction just a real shame that it weren't 58" or longer as would of had this beauty!
                        VR Ultimate Limited Edition 1 Piece Ash Cue - 58” | 9mm | 18.9oz | 29.5mm | 18”.
                        Long & Short Tele Extensions | 6” & 3” Ebony Mini Butts.
                        Peradon Blue/Black Patchwork Leather 1 Piece Wide Case.
                        Century Titanium Ferrule | ADR147 Tip | Taom V10 Chalk.

Comment

Originally Posted by TooDark View Post
                          Good luck with auction just a real shame that it weren't 58" or longer as would of had this beauty!
                          Yeah tis a shame, but there is still quite a big market for 57" cues, not me tho
                          Doing quite well tho on the bay so soon

Comment

Seems that this cue is rather sought after

Comment

Yes it's doing well mate steal at your first price

Comment

Working...
                              X