• Show
Clear All

• eBay Dave coutts customised maple cue

Hi selling a coutts customised cue it's a 1p as a s.d joint
    59"
    18oz
    30.3mm
    9.7mm
    It cost me around £280 not sure how much it's worth so if your interested email at shanerayner@hotmail.com and I'll send pics

cue now sold
    Last edited by shanerayner28; 11 March 2014, 04:10 PM.

Kindly email pics to andy_wongcw@hotmail.com

Thanks.

Comment

Will take £240 plus p&p if any one is interested

Comment

Any offers welcome its a nice playing cue
        Last edited by shanerayner28; 8 March 2014, 03:41 PM.

Comment

Would consider a swap if anyone is interested would help if it would let me post pics of the cue

Comment

Here are the pics

Comment

Shayne, nice cue but wrong spec for me. Can't understand why Maple doesn't sell as well as Ash. Have you any idea of what "customisation" was carried out by Dave Coutts? Have you had the cue from new? Maybe some background on the cue might help with the sale.

Comment

Dave coutts customised maple cue

I don't think it is it being maple but being 59" that is not attracting buyers
                Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

The cue use to be 57" 32mm butt 12.3mm tip so Dave added 4 splices s.d joint and a lot of tapering to get it to my specs. Am only selling it because i went back to ash and it was a cheaper why of getting a maple cue to my specs. The shaft of the cue was an old Riley maple it plays really well stiffness I would give it 7.5 out of 10. Dave did the cue August 2012 I was going to make it in to a pool cue but thought someone on here mite like a cheap maple cue for snooker with it been my specs ppl can cut it down to there's easy enough

Comment

Originally Posted by DeanH View Post
                    I don't think it is it being maple but being 59" that is not attracting buyers
                    Thanks. Do you think so? Would be easy to take down to 58". Generally tho Maple doesn't sell so well. The other funny thing is that some cue makers charge more for Maple and they seem to get less than Ash 2nd hand. As someone with 3 Maple cues maybe I'm being paranoid! Any interest in a Maple Mastercraft Eclipse? Lol.

Comment

If am honest had take a big loss on it rather someone played snooker with it then me chop it down to play pool with if someone offers between 180-210 cash or paypal gift had p&p in the uk

Comment

I understand that ash sells quicker than maple (I also prefer maple ) but to me the length is the problem.
                        I am also not saying for the cue to be chopped - heaven forbid

Comment

My playing cue is longer at 59.5" my friends cue is 63" it's 3/4 he as to put it in a 1p case cos of the shaft

Comment

63" wow who made that?

Comment

Originally Posted by DeanH View Post
                              63" wow who made that?
                              Cue craft am off round later I'll take a pic

Comment

Working...
                              X