Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wanted 360 cue action trainer

Anyone got one for laying around??

u mean the trainer cue with a spring attached around 16 or 17 from butt?
    yeah, i tried that once in a club... helps u on grip, cue action and delivery
    overall not very helpful to me because it makes me adapt to it rather than helping me adapt to my real cue... the feeling is different when holding a real cue
    other people may think differently

Comment

Originally Posted by MikeTheBigMonster View Post
      u mean the trainer cue with a spring attached around 16 or 17 from butt?
      yeah, i tried that once in a club... helps u on grip, cue action and delivery
      overall not very helpful to me because it makes me adapt to it rather than helping me adapt to my real cue... the feeling is different when holding a real cue
      other people may think differently
      Yes the cue with the spring, I did have one but I let someone use it and they bent the spring too far and ruined it!!! Only got to use it a couple of times!!!!

Comment

I have never seen or heard of this thing . . . is it any good?

My favourite players: Walter Lindrum (AUS), Neil Robertson (AUS), Eddie Charlton (AUS), Robby Foldvari (AUS), Vinnie Calabrese (AUS), Jimmy White, Stephen Hendry, Alex Higgins, Ronnie O'Sullivan, Dominic Dale and Barry Hawkins.
        I dream of a 147 (but would be happy with a 100)

Comment

Originally Posted by mythman69 View Post
          I have never seen or heard of this thing . . . is it any good?

Had mixed reviews, it's a good concept in my opinion and it promotes a loose grip, which has definetly helped me, didn't get the chance to use it playing screw shots and shots at distance. Not usually a fan of training aids but this one is a cut above the rest.

Comment

I've got one ,got it when I had only been playing a few months, here is a list of things I found it helps with
            1, opening the grip hand, keeping the cue on a level plane
            2, closing the grip too early , this will break the spring
            3, twisting the wrist
            4, because of one and two, I found it helps to keep the elbow still , until after the shot,and the grip and hand neutral and out of the shot.
            Things it won't help with
            1,anything to do with aiming or sighting
            2, anything to do with cueing straight, except from the points above.
            3cueing across the white, unless it's to do with wrist movement, but if you push the cue through smoothly and straight but across the white offline the spring will not break so you will get no feedback.
            One thing I found against it was my grip got too loose and I had daylight at the top of the webbing between index finger and thumb, this is a no no,as it can alow the cue to move, and it was corrected by coaching. Overall I think it's a good idea, but the cues do feel cheaply made.
            This is how you play darts ,MVG two nines in the same match!
            https://youtu.be/yqTGtwOpHu8

Comment

Working...
            X