No announcement yet.

Jason Owen one piece plain ebony cue for sale. - SOLD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Admitted 8 but how many more in reality??
    We will never know. trust is gone for me.

Comment

Jason Owen one piece plain ebony cue for sale. - SOLD

Can someone explain abit on why it all matters so much? As in wood is wood isnt it? What difference does a thai shaft make to a uk shaft? Isnt ash just ash at the end of the day?

Comment

Originally Posted by screw View Post
        Can someone explain abit on why it all matters so much? As in wood is wood isnt it? What difference does a thai shaft make to a uk shaft? Isnt ash just ash at the end of the day?
        Is doesn't matter in the slightest Thai shafts are excellent. It's to do with Jason was asking a premium for the cues on the basis he made his handmade cues from scratch and selected his own timber, but the reality was he'd been importing shafts in yet still asking a premium, so buyers thought they were getting a handmade cue with Jason's own wood he's selected. I still think glover is one of the only cuemakers using English ash

Comment

Originally Posted by Leo View Post
          Originally Posted by screw View Post
          Is doesn't matter in the slightest Thai shafts are excellent. It's to do with Jason was asking a premium for the cues on the basis he made his handmade cues from scratch and selected his own timber, but the reality was he'd been importing shafts in yet still asking a premium, so buyers thought they were getting a handmade cue with Jason's own wood he's selected. I still think glover is one of the only cuemakers using English ash
          Its because Jason lead people to believe he was creating the shafts himself selecting boards, then cutting to squares letting them settle for months then hand planning to oversized dowels then leaving to settle then selecting the best shafts from those, massive amounts of work at UK labour costs and waiting times, then passing those costs onto the final cue. Some of the 8 i believe were spliced also. I could be wrong but i think Jason still imports his shafts as oversized dowels but not spliced but is open about it, which is fine as you know what your buying beforehand

Comment

Originally Posted by Dave Walton View Post
            Its because Jason lead people to believe he was creating the shafts himself selecting boards, then cutting to squares letting them settle for months then hand planning to oversized dowels then leaving to settle then selecting the best shafts from those, massive amounts of work at UK labour costs and waiting times, then passing those costs onto the final cue. Some of the 8 i believe were spliced also. I could be wrong but i think Jason still imports his shafts as oversized dowels but not spliced but is open about it, which is fine as you know what your buying beforehand
            All of the 8 were spliced. As Jason said :-

I have also had 8 thai cues (sent to me as samples) which were purely spliced ebony onto a shaft, not finished in any way. These were used on some plain butted cues as the grain of the ash was so nice. Perfect in fact. Some Macassar and some ebony.

Original Source: handmade ??? probably not !!!

Post #175 here :-

http://www.thesnookerforum.co.uk/boa...ight=JasonOwen

Although Jason was more caught in the crossfire, and not IMHO whom Crispian was talking about when he posted the thread in the first place.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

Originally Posted by billabong View Post
              All of the 8 were spliced. As Jason said :-

I have also had 8 thai cues (sent to me as samples) which were purely spliced ebony onto a shaft, not finished in any way. These were used on some plain butted cues as the grain of the ash was so nice. Perfect in fact. Some Macassar and some ebony.

Original Source: handmade ??? probably not !!!

Post #175 here :-

http://www.thesnookerforum.co.uk/boa...ight=JasonOwen

Although Jason was more caught in the crossfire, and not IMHO whom Crispian was talking about when he posted the thread in the first place.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
              As i stated in an earlier post mate, there was alot more too it than just adding a badge, they needed to be took down to final size, ferruled, weighted and balanced then finished.

Comment

As i stated in an earlier post mate, there was alot more too it than just adding a badge, they needed to be took down to final size, ferruled, weighted and balanced then finished.
                Yes, I was just correcting the "some of the 8 were spliced" bit. They were all spliced.

Never thought Jason was just adding a badge, and like I said, Jason was low on the list of people Crispian was directing the op about. .

Comment

Ahh I see that's a little different so would understand people's frustrations.

But I would bet there's many cuemakers out there now who are also pulling the strings also, and no one here would be any the wiser, business is business if I could make cues quicker and earn more money and there was no evidence of me doing any different I'd bang these cues out its a non-brainer. Whether it's ethical or not money talks.

Just don't be caught like VW
                  Last edited by Leo; 1 October 2015, 07:16 AM.

Comment

But I would bet there's many cuemakers out there now who are also pulling the strings also, and no one here would be any the wiser, business is business if I could make cues quicker and earn more money and there was no evidence of me doing any different I'd bang these cues out its a non-brainer. Whether it's ethical or not money talks.

spot on Leo :snooker:
                    nonchalant sideways action amongst some very ignorant pokes :snooker:

Comment

As Billabong rightfully corrected me all 8 Thai cues were spliced.
                      Personally i wouldn't sell my soul so easily Leo :-P

Comment

Working...
                      X