Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What type of tip (soft,medium,hard) does Ronnie O'Sullivan,Shaun Murphy use?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What type of tip (soft,medium,hard) does Ronnie O'Sullivan,Shaun Murphy use?

What type of tip (soft,medium,hard) does Ronnie O'Sullivan,Mark Selby,Judd Trump,Shaun Murphy use?

https://www.thesnookerforum.co.uk/bo...pro-s-cue-tips

"That pocket moved!"

Comment

In this post are mensioned only cue tip band and size of the cue tip , what I want to ask is what type they use (soft medium or hard) , Thank you 😊

Comment

Jimmy White used to be Elkmaster, then Titian but (IIRC from his punditry comment) is now uses a Century G3.
        Hossein Vafaei = Niche
        Neil Robertson = Century G3
        Mark Williams = Kamui
        Mark Selby = Century G3

BUT, please take the above with a pinch of salt as many pro players are renowned for changing makes and types of tips very often
        As to you request of Hardness, I think the Century model is a hardness rating they use, as to other :shrug:
        Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Originally Posted by TheEagle🦅 View Post
          In this post are mensioned only cue tip band and size of the cue tip , what I want to ask is what type they use (soft medium or hard) , Thank you 😊
          If Selby and Robertson and using a G3 Century then they are a medium / hard tip.
          Snooker Crazy - Cues and Equipment Sales Website
          Snooker Crazy - Facebook Page
          Snooker Crazy - You Tube Channel

Comment

Originally Posted by Shockerz View Post

If Selby and Robertson and using a G3 Century then they are a medium / hard tip.
            Just put a G3 on today on my new cue due to being fed up with wading through elks to get a decent one ,can’t be arsed any more changing and rubbing down to shape only for it go soft or stay soft .G3 seems like a good elk and plays nice and responsive ,and only had a few shots with it so far .Not sure if they firm up as they play in ,or how long they last ,but seems good .

Comment

Originally Posted by mikee View Post

Just put a G3 on today on my new cue due to being fed up with wading through elks to get a decent one ,can’t be arsed any more changing and rubbing down to shape only for it go soft or stay soft .G3 seems like a good elk and plays nice and responsive ,and only had a few shots with it so far .Not sure if they firm up as they play in ,or how long they last ,but seems good .
              I played with my new cue today which came with a elkmaster on it after playing with a G3 for the last year or so . Cue is lovely but the tip will be coming off sharpish

Comment

Originally Posted by Starsky View Post

I played with my new cue today which came with a elkmaster on it after playing with a G3 for the last year or so . Cue is lovely but the tip will be coming off sharpish
                Sounds interesting Starsky ,what cue and specs have you got ,you putting a G3 back on .Seems like the G3 is the most popular choice in the range .

Comment

Nothing as exciting as yours Mikee.
                  It’s a plain ebony Maximus with a premium shaft. My other cue is also a Maximus but without the premium shaft. I wanted to try out a stiffer cue to compare the two.
                  The specs are, 58 inch length , 18.7 weight and 9.5 mm( my previous was 9.3)

Comment

Mines a little heavier due to stiffer denser shaft 58.50 inch 19.01 weight , 9.8 mm ,balance is good so doesn’t feel it’s weight .

Comment

My old Maxi was 18.7 , 9.8mm but at 57.25 inch it felt a bit of a broom stick on long pots. Lot of weight/thickness mid shaft.
                      ⚪ 🔴🟡🟢🟤🔵💗⚫🕳️😎

Comment

It’s weird how the game has evolved over the last 30 years ,cues weighing around 18.5 would have been considered extremely heavy ,that sort of weight is more average to normal now .

Comment

Originally Posted by mikee View Post
                          It’s weird how the game has evolved over the last 30 years ,cues weighing around 18.5 would have been considered extremely heavy ,that sort of weight is more average to normal now .
                          I guess it’s the way the weight is distributed now days that makes the difference . Previously it would have been very butt heavy but now it’s weighted through the cue .
                          It’s funny as my new cue is the same weight as my old Maximus but for me feels more balanced .

Comment

Originally Posted by Cue crafty View Post
                            My old Maxi was 18.7 , 9.8mm but at 57.25 inch it felt a bit of a broom stick on long pots. Lot of weight/thickness mid shaft.
                            I’m doing a couple of hours on the practice table before work today and I’m yet to practice my long shots but I’ll find out later this morning how it feels in that department .

Comment

So far so good with my cue at the moment ,swerve shots and shots with side a little different ,probably due to stiffer shaft more than the Titanium ferule .I think when you get a new cue you know straight away if its going to be something you will get on with no matter how you play with it at first ,if there's something that niggles you ,or any doubts then its not the one .

Comment

Working...
                              X