No announcement yet.

Cue oil?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

linseed oil is the best thing to use and it makes your cue smell nice.

Comment

I personally do not think it is necessary to use wax after oiling. Also, call me a traditionalist, I feel that a wax finish on top of oil is not truly an oil finish.
      I think people use wax to make the cues more shinny but that sheen wears off very fast, and then you will see finger prints, and so on.
      www.AuroraCues.com

Comment

is the oil only applied to the ash or to the ebony as well?

Comment

can be applied to the whole cue

Comment

And would it be done kinda just like this except on a snooker cue, then just let it dry? Also, any problem if some of the oil gets on the brass of the ferrule or 3/4 joint?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r9vXeKzWJzQ

Comment

i just put some oil on a cloth, then rub it onto the cue. i dont get too much on. just as long as i know the oil is on all the cue, leave it so soak in then buff off.

Comment

Originally Posted by monchub View Post
                Hi guys, I am new here and just wondering what kind of cue oil should use, btw I heard one of my mate said that have a cue oil could make the cue shaft colour become more golden or/and shinly? Anyone here know which oil is it
                also is it better to use the cue wax after the cue oil as well

Cheers, bro
                Cue Oil feeds the wood (apply lightly, wipe off, then leave for 1-2 nights before play). Cue Wax shines the wood, making it more smooth. As told by my cuemaker in Thailand
                It's in the Shaft

Comment

Working...
                X