Brushes and gloves

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brushes and gloves

I like to keep anything I own in pristine condition. That way it usually lasts a lot longer for one thing. So I use white cotton gloves to polish balls and a brush to brush my table. I see that all the equipment sites would be happy to sell me gloves and a brush but I just bought white gloves from a place that sells them for waiters. I also bought a clothes brush. That way I paid only a small fraction of the price of the authentic items. Am I missing something? They seem to do the same job just as well!
    王可

Originally Posted by philip in china View Post
    I like to keep anything I own in pristine condition. That way it usually lasts a lot longer for one thing. So I use white cotton gloves to polish balls and a brush to brush my table. I see that all the equipment sites would be happy to sell me gloves and a brush but I just bought white gloves from a place that sells them for waiters. I also bought a clothes brush. That way I paid only a small fraction of the price of the authentic items. Am I missing something? They seem to do the same job just as well!
    A good Quality pure bristle Billiards brush is the best one to use , these are made with longer bristles at the ends with an angle that gets right under the cushion , (as said it has to be top quality ), I am afraid where you are some inferior quality brushes are in abundance , but chinese Boar (pig) bristle is the best in the world for these brushes and high quality Paint brushes as the hairs are split at the ends and split as they wear , so more contact with cloth , unlike cheaper bristle or nylon rubbish hairs which bend like a tooth brush and go out of shape .
    Youre clothes brush although it is doing a job , it will not be upto the quality of the Brush I have described .
    A good tip for getting dust and fluff that is trapped from under the cushion is to get a plastic tooth Glue spreader , the thin type used for Evo stick contact Adesive , use this to gently tease the fluff out then brush away , this is far better than the rounded under cushion brush that people sell . which I think are useless .
    you can also use a snapped in half metal saw blade , but you have to be carefull when useing these . just get one tooth of the saw blade to gently tease out the fluff .
    Most of this fluff will be under the Spot end cushion as this is where you brush down to , but side cushions too are affected , it is very rare that the D end cushion has any Fluff under it .

Geoff
    Last edited by Geoff Large; 31 July 2009, 09:01 AM.
    [/SIGPIC]http://www.gclbilliards.com

Comment

I apologise for wasting your time.

For personal reasons I was looking back at my 15 years as a member here. This was my first post in the days when I had only a 10' table when I was in China. It struck a chord.

Geoff's advice is as sound today as it was then..
      王可

Comment

Working...
      X