Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What tips do the top 16 professional's use?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I thought i read somewhere that John Higgins and Ding use Kamui tips ?
    sigpic

Comment

Originally Posted by The Stig View Post
      I thought i read somewhere that John Higgins and Ding use Kamui tips ?
      i believe ding has a very hard pressed tip - forget what its called but i don't think they make them any more.
      https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/adr147

Comment

It looked like a pressed tip to me. Nice big blob of tip on the end.
        Unclevit C Brand - CueGuru Tip.

Comment

Found this on google, it was dated 2010 though. Steve Davis at the time said he was using a medium Kamui tip, he says John Higgins was using a Kamui hard tip. Don't know if they have changed more recently.

http://twitter.com/#!/SteveSnooker/status/8459241049

Says on here that Stephen Maguire is also using a Kamui.

http://www.cuepower.co.uk/kamui-blac...ps-p-1174.html
          Last edited by The Stig; 20 February 2012, 11:56 AM.
          sigpic

Comment

SD said he is using a Moori Slow the other day.
            Unclevit C Brand - CueGuru Tip.

Comment

Sure Ding is using a Titan tip . .

Comment

Jimmy White had a Titan tip fitted last time .
                Still trying to pot as many balls as i can !

Comment

ding is using a very hard blue diamond tip not a titan tip and mark selby is using an elkmaster tip.

Stamford cuemakers confirmed this on their twitter after the welsh open final.

Comment

Originally Posted by aussie147 View Post
                    ding is using a very hard blue diamond tip not a titan tip and mark selby is using an elkmaster tip.

Stamford cuemakers confirmed this on their twitter after the welsh open final.
                    I may be wrong but Dings tip looks or sounds nothing at all like a Blue Diamond

Comment

Originally Posted by hotpot View Post
                      I may be wrong but Dings tip looks or sounds nothing at all like a Blue Diamond
                      I agree, that looked and sounded nothing like any Blue Diamond I've ever seen.

Comment

In fact i,m not a betting man but i,d bet my car that its not a blue diamond . Its one of if not the hardest sounding tip on the circuit .

Comment

Originally Posted by Gerry Armstrong View Post
                          I agree, that looked and sounded nothing like any Blue Diamond I've ever seen.
                          Well Stamford cuemakers said it was a very hard blue diamond tip on twitter, I think they would know. They also tweeted Ding's cue was in for a refinish so im sure they may have put a tip on too, it certainly looked new by the size of it, very thickly shaped.

Even so, a titan tip is a pressed tip but alot harder. You could shape it just like an elk or bluediamond or any other tip for that matter, i had a box of them last year.

Comment

pretty sure stephen lee is using pro granites.
                            https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/adr147

Comment

Originally Posted by aussie147 View Post
                              Well Stamford cuemakers said it was a very hard blue diamond tip on twitter, I think they would know. They also tweeted Ding's cue was in for a refinish so im sure they may have put a tip on too, it certainly looked new by the size of it, very thickly shaped.

Even so, a titan tip is a pressed tip but alot harder. You could shape it just like an elk or bluediamond or any other tip for that matter, i had a box of them last year.
                              I'm sorry but I'm taking the evidence of my own eyes/ears above a Twitter post. It looked and sounded NOTHING like a Blue Diamond tip.

Comment

Working...
                              X