NEW Talisman Tips

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NEW Talisman Tips

I will shortly have in my possession some test Talisman tips.
    Tony Jones(founder of Talisman) is bring out a new tip.
    This one will be made of cow-hide. i will let everyone know how the tests go in comparison to the pigskin and buffalo.
    Watch this space.
    "Don't think, feel"

Dear Doctor,

I have just ordered the water buffalo talisman tips. Have you any experience with these. How do they compare to the rest(or the ones you have tried). I would be really interested in trying out some of these cow hide tips. How will get hold of them. Can they be ordered?

snawaz
    Breaks 2010- 47, 40, 56, 53, 47, 45, 46

Highest break 69

Comment

the buffalo Tip are what John Higgins uses. They tend to be a bit more grippy than the pigskin IMHO, although I'm not sure if they last as long, but they are very good tips.
      I don't have the new tips yet, i should have them next week or thereafter.
      "Don't think, feel"

Comment

Doc,

Thank you for your opinion.

Are these new cowskin tips a trial sample for you or can anyone buy them?

Highest break 69

Comment

They are in trial period and will hopefully be on public sale soon.
          I will let all know asap.
          "Don't think, feel"

Comment

Doc,

Thank you for that. Will look out for your review with anticipation.

Highest break 69

Comment

Originally Posted by The Doctor View Post
              the buffalo Tip are what John Higgins uses. They tend to be a bit more grippy than the pigskin IMHO, although I'm not sure if they last as long, but they are very good tips.
              I don't have the new tips yet, i should have them next week or thereafter.
              I was talking to a top 30 pro earlier this week and he told me that John Higgins is using a Kamui tip at the moment. I knew that John was using Talisman so wonder why and when he changed brands?

Oldgit
              'Believe To Achieve'

Comment

I can say for sure John Higgins is using black Buffalo Talisman. Perhaps he has been mistaken as they look similar and most folk think Talisman only do pigskin.
                I know because i spoke with him this week.
                "Don't think, feel"

Comment

Originally Posted by The Doctor View Post
                  I can say for sure John Higgins is using black Buffalo Talisman. Perhaps he has been mistaken as they look similar and most folk think Talisman only do pigskin.
                  I know because i spoke with him this week.
                  Like you say, some Kamui tips are black so probably explains the mistake. I think its good that there is a great choice of tips these days, I am 57 and for most of my playing days I really only had the choice of Elks or BD!!

Oldgit
                  'Believe To Achieve'

Comment

Steve Davis claims Higgins is using a Kamui on his Twitter.

Comment

I think it was during the Masters Steve Davis said Higgins was using a kamuai. Maybe he tried them out and then switched back to Talisman?
                      sigpic A Truly Beakerific Long Pot Sir!

Comment

John Higgins is deffo using a kamui tip anh has been mentioned in a previous discussion.
                        Last edited by warren132; 26 February 2010, 03:26 PM.
                        Not played for 3 years and itching for a game....11-3-2017.

Comment

John Higgins uses a kamui black hard tip.

Comment

How do you people know these things? If the Doc, says he spoke to John about it, I'm sure he would notice the difference between the sound of Talisman & Kamui.

Doc, could you confirm that he's using Talisman by any chance?

I thought he uses Talisman WB hard!
                            Quote : It took me eight hours a day for 16 years to become an overnight sensation! Cliff Thorburn

Comment

I set john up with talisman tips a few years back now and he has always used wb talisman since. Now just to be sure I will ask john again when I see him this week. Reason I know this stuff is, I used to be his coach and remain close friends.
                              "Don't think, feel"

Comment

Working...
                              X