No announcement yet.

NEW Talisman Tips

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The reason everyone is saying John was using kamui in the masters is because Steve Davis said so on his twitter during the tournament.
    sigpic A Truly Beakerific Long Pot Sir!

Comment

I would love to try out this new Talisman tip.
      www.AuroraCues.com

Comment

Com'on doc, we are waiting!

Thanks for your troubles!

Bry.
        Quote : It took me eight hours a day for 16 years to become an overnight sensation! Cliff Thorburn

Comment

still not arrived from thailand sorry not my fault
          "Don't think, feel"

Comment

Hey Doc,

I tried a Talisman water buffalo tip and it was liking playing with a stone on the end of the cue. I did give it a few days but no good for me. I have reverted back to the new Pro Granite tips, which work best for me.
            Breaks 2010- 47, 40, 56, 53, 47, 45, 46

Highest break 69

Comment

Same for me talisman ok at first then started to de laminate tried the buffalo to hard unless you play on very fast cloths i think they are to hard the best tip i have had for years is the pro granite they keep their shape and hold chalk well .

Comment

There are so many tips available that the only thing anyone could do is to try as many as possible then find what is best for you.
                Good on you for trying.
                You should use what suits you best.
                "Don't think, feel"

Comment

Originally Posted by mick 142 View Post
                  Same for me talisman ok at first then started to de laminate tried the buffalo to hard unless you play on very fast cloths i think they are to hard the best tip i have had for years is the pro granite they keep their shape and hold chalk well .
                  Hold chalk well, they are like chalk magnets, just fantastic. And the feel of the tip as it hits the balls has certainly given me a lot more confidence in my game.:snooker:!!!
                  Breaks 2010- 47, 40, 56, 53, 47, 45, 46

Highest break 69

Comment

I'm sure I've said this before, but all this talk of delaminating is very strange.
                    I've used a few Talisman tips over the last two years, lets say four for the record. That's not a lot but they hold up their own for quiet sometime. I play about 20 - 30 hours a week, so they really do keep. Anyway, I've never had delaminating on my or on others cues I've fitted with these little beauties. I'm sure the people who have used them and mentioned delaminating are fitting wrongly or have bought fakes. No offense meant by the way.

If after hours & hours of play a thin layer loosens of the top then, I just file it back into shape. But delaminating in a way that the tip maybe ruined is new to me.

Buy your tips from ADR147, then you will be getting the real thing! He also has a tip fitting pamphlet in .PDF form that he can send to you.

When trimming, a little bit at a time. Not all in one cut like you can with BD and Elkmaster. File it into shape always filing down away from the dome towards the shaft. After that, just roughen it up a bit every so often, with an emery cloth file, by pressing into it, but not filing! That way it takes chalk better, in my opinion.

I hope this helps those who have had problems,

Bry.
                    Last edited by Strickimicki; 17 March 2010, 05:29 PM.
                    Quote : It took me eight hours a day for 16 years to become an overnight sensation! Cliff Thorburn

Comment

Hi All,

Doc, did you ask John about his tip choice? I know this is probably getting on your nerves but you did say you would!

Thanks,

Bri.

Comment

Hi all sorry for wait but just spoke to JH and he is trying out a Kamui but has not played in event with it yet. SD gave him one to try a few weeks ago and he will be using it in China but he has been using buffalo talisman m for last 3-4 years(FACT) and im sure he will be back with them but there is very little if any difference between them.
                        "Don't think, feel"

Comment

johns been using a kamui for last month or little bit more (since the uk, i do his tips) he won the welsh open while using a kamui and has just had a new one installed about 2 weeks ago for the upcoming china and world champs. he wont be going back to talisman tips believe me.

Comment

You seem so sure Frazz lol
                            Do you feel there is a difference in the tips?
                            I seen the tip on JH cue today and it does not look to me as if it holds it shape any better than Talisman.
                            What do you think m8.
                            Missed you today was in the club.
                            Hows the 9 ball goin, need to get a game soon.
                            "Don't think, feel"

Comment

john lost all confidence with talismans after the uk in which his tip split after his quarter final match just before playing ronnie in the semis, this also happened to him about 3 years ago when he was about to play ronnie in the premier league final as he phoned me about half an hour before his match while in his hotel room to c what he could do. i am %200 sure and can guarantee john wont go back to talisman tips mate, i was on phone to him about 40mins ago and in his own words kamuis are the best he's ever used and is sticking with them, as far as i am concerned they are the best tips to install on cues, so easy to cut for a tip so hard, needs absolutely no effort. havent seen one split or delaminate and havent heard of any doing so either. i believe the hit is better with the kamuis, seems more consistent, i also feel you can get a LOT more action on the white without anywhere near as much effort. i would recommend them to anyone, u should defo try one richy i am waiting on a couple getting sent up 14mm ones for pool.
                              as for 9ball richy i kinda lost interest for a while after losing the sponsorship and not gettin to play many tournies but have been back playing a lot the last couple weeks and have a few tournies coming up in next few weeks one of which is a qualifier for the world masters in vegas. gimme a shout if ye want a game next week ok

Comment

Is John using the black Kamui 'Medium' or 'Hard'?

Thanks,

Oldgit
                                'Believe To Achieve'

Comment

Working...
                                X