NEW Talisman Tips

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally Posted by Oldgit View Post
    Fraser, you were right about 'MH'!! I have just found a company that is already selling the new Black Kamui tips and they have 'M' and 'MH' in size 11mm.

I have just ordered a 11mm 'Medium' black kamui which 'only' cost nine pounds including shipping.....

Oldgit
    Do you have any web links or contact details for this company?.. also do they not do the soft and super soft in the 11mm size?

There is a UK site selling the 14mm version for £13.50... S, SS, M, H are all available.. pro9 . co . uk

Comment

Thanks Frazz, the input given here is very interesting to say the least.

Anybody who may be interested!

I just ordered two Kamui tips Black medium & black medium hard. Obviously it will take me a while to try them so don't wait for any test results. it'll probably take me about a year to get through them all. I'm at the moment using a Talisman medium, and I'm well happy with it. Although I have miss cued a few times, digging deep or with extreme side. It gives great feedback and is generally a classy tip. Before this I used the Talisman Soft, also a great tip, grips well, takes chalk well but the feedback is not as good as with Medium. P.S I've never had a tip delaminate on me, to-date!

Doc, when should these cow hide Talisman tips be available for the general public?

They also sound very interesting!

I'm sure that these companies would be chuffed to bits to be able to advertise with somebody of John's name and character. It's a pity that talisman may have blown it with him by delivering dodgy goods.

Bri. XXXXXXXX
      Quote : It took me eight hours a day for 16 years to become an overnight sensation! Cliff Thorburn

Comment

there is a website called watcue.eu that sells kamui tips in 11mm with all the hardness grades and even has the mh which john uses, they are selling these tips for under 10euros!

Comment

Originally Posted by frazz View Post
          there is a website called watcue.eu that sells kamui tips in 11mm with all the hardness grades and even has the mh which john uses, they are selling these tips for under 10euros!

Fraser, you are almost right!! The site is wantcue.eu (not watcue) and they only sell the 11mm BLACK kamui in medium or medium hard!!

I ordered my medium tip from them and its on its way to me.

When it arrives do I just fix it as I would an ordinary tip, ie fix to cue and cut to ferrule size and then 'dome' with emery? Seems to me that the kamui black is pretty thick to start with so may take ages to file down to correct thickness? How do you install them? Any hints would be appreciated

Oldgit
          'Believe To Achieve'

Comment

Originally Posted by s1ivv3r View Post
            I got my best mate playing with Talisman and they just wouldn't stop falling apart. BUT i never had a problem with them i have to say! He does hit the ball much harder than me... lol
            LOL me hit the ball hard, Never!

Yep talisman great tip as soon as its put on its like a used tip but for me i smashed about 6 in one week (and i don't hit it that hard either lol) i still prefer used tips that people take off
            Not tried this black tip but i shall when he takes it off hahaha

Comment

SO......which tip is O'Sullivan using at the moment?

Comment

I used a talisman soft tip for a couple of weeks and they are shockingly rubbish waste of money. They keep their shape well but feels like you are hitting the ball without a tip at all.
                Save your money and buy some Mike Wooldridge tips, much better

Comment

Originally Posted by finabb View Post
                  I used a talisman soft tip for a couple of weeks and they are shockingly rubbish waste of money. They keep their shape well but feels like you are hitting the ball without a tip at all.
                  Save your money and buy some Mike Wooldridge tips, much better
                  Like i said... that is your opinion... i think if they are good enough for Ronnie and John, and many other pro and amateur players, most of the educated players here will be quite happy to give them a go... by the way... i don't like Mikes supertip... shall i call it rubbish and a waste of money too?.. or shall i just put it down to a personal taste?

Comment

Originally Posted by s1ivv3r View Post
                    Like i said... that is your opinion... i think if they are good enough for Ronnie and John, and many other pro and amateur players, most of the educated players here will be quite happy to give them a go... by the way... i don't like Mikes supertip... shall i call it rubbish and a waste of money too?.. or shall i just put it down to a personal taste?
                    sounds like playground talk....... just my opinion

Comment

Originally Posted by finabb View Post
                      sounds like playground talk....... just my opinion
                      Not quite sure i know what you mean by that?.. i can't ever remember talking about tips in the playground?.. but i do know one thing... just cos you said Talisman are rubbish it won't stop me using them and the other layered tips from now on!

Comment

I got my Kamui tips and on one side it say glue on the other it's been stamped.

Is it that important to glue it on the side where it states glue or what?

Com'on frazz, give us a tip/clue!
                        Quote : It took me eight hours a day for 16 years to become an overnight sensation! Cliff Thorburn

Comment

Aint they domed like other tips

Comment

NO, or I wouldn't ask!

Not even I'm that thick! LOL

Comment

I know i had that in mind when i asked , just hard to imagine a flat tip

Comment

Originally Posted by SebastianZ View Post
                                SO......which tip is O'Sullivan using at the moment?
                                Last I heard/read was "medium hard Elkmaster"
                                Winner of C77's Masters Fantasy Game 2010
                                Joint-winner of montoya10/theasaris' Shanghai Masters Fantasy Game 2010

Comment

Working...
                                X