No announcement yet.

NEW Talisman Tips

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• yes they do - even more than the hercules h2's and they might well be the softest laminated tip i have seen.
    https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/adr147

Comment

• ADR whats your opinion on Pro Granite. They seem popular. I have tried Talisman soft which were ok but could not get chalk to stay on very well which made me uncomfortable, currently using MW laminate and slightly better but still not 100% happy with it. I prefer both to unpredicatable elks and BD tho. Sounds like pro granite is more like an elk but longer lasting and more consistent quality?

I do not have Ebay account - do u have online shop?

Comment

• Originally Posted by Monsoon View Post
        ADR whats your opinion on Pro Granite. They seem popular. I have tried Talisman soft which were ok but could not get chalk to stay on very well which made me uncomfortable, currently using MW laminate and slightly better but still not 100% happy with it. I prefer both to unpredicatable elks and BD tho. Sounds like pro granite is more like an elk but longer lasting and more consistent quality?

I do not have Ebay account - do u have online shop?
        they are very good quality but very hard like a laminated tip - no you can just pm me!
        https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/adr147

Comment

• Just a quick question for Frazz here.

Which club is it that you play at ? Only reason asking as I was wondering if you could put a tip on and fix the grain on my cue ?

Im from the sappa tour and you'll likely recognise my face if you see it.

Cheers, Kev

Comment

• After Day One - Review

Fitting:
            Very simple, though I would probably use a slightly less course piece of sandpaper for sanding the base of the tip as the fibres seem very soft. Cutting the tip was very easy... no where near as hard as the ProGranites to cut.

Shaping:
            Again, very simple, didn't take much to get my desired shape, probably even easier than Elks, which was a worry initially as if it was this easy, how well would it hold its shape. The Tip also seemed quite 'fluffy', which looked like it would hold a lot of chalk.

Play:
            My good god!!! Was I ever surprised. The tip holds chalk like glue. Screw shots took a bit of getting used to as I was over-screwing the white compared to that of when using a new Elk, which was all the better cause it meant that I could cue even softer, therefore making my potting more accurate. The tip held its shape very well, didn't really notice any difference after 5hrs.

So after 1 day, my feelings are that I gotta get me more of these haha, though I'm awaiting to see how it performs over a few days as like my previous Talisman M, it seemed to soften up with play, so far, this tip doesn't seem to have changed.
            Attached Files

Comment

• Originally Posted by jarcher View Post
              Fitting:
              Very simple, though I would probably use a slightly less course piece of sandpaper for sanding the base of the tip as the fibres seem very soft. Cutting the tip was very easy... no where near as hard as the ProGranites to cut.

Shaping:
              Again, very simple, didn't take much to get my desired shape, probably even easier than Elks, which was a worry initially as if it was this easy, how well would it hold its shape. The Tip also seemed quite 'fluffy', which looked like it would hold a lot of chalk.

Play:
              My good god!!! Was I ever surprised. The tip holds chalk like glue. Screw shots took a bit of getting used to as I was over-screwing the white compared to that of when using a new Elk, which was all the better cause it meant that I could cue even softer, therefore making my potting more accurate. The tip held its shape very well, didn't really notice any difference after 5hrs.

So after 1 day, my feelings are that I gotta get me more of these haha, though I'm awaiting to see how it performs over a few days as like my previous Talisman M, it seemed to soften up with play, so far, this tip doesn't seem to have changed.
              Good post thanks

Comment

• Thanks very much for the review m8, i have been using mine for over 2 weeks now and it is very very good, still kept its shape and as you say it holds the chalk very well.
                Hopefully the other members i gave tips too will give their review soon.
                Come on guys whats the verdict?
                "Don't think, feel"

Comment

• sorry for the late reply Richard

I've been using this tip for the past week now. In my opinion its an improved, grippier version of the pig skin talisman. Appearance wise, the cowhide talismans are identical to the pig skin apart from being slightly lighter in colour. Fitting, cutting and shaping are not a problem at all, same as the pig skins. First impression was that It was like having a small stone on the end of my cue (might just be me cos im used to soft tips), but after 20 mins or so of playing, It felt like a bedded in talisman S. The playability of this tip is excellent, very grippy on the cue ball right, away even for delicate screw and stun shots, It also holds chalk very nicely. There is a small problem though, after a light mis-cue, I found a little chunk of the tip missing approx 3mm in size. A bit disappointing seeing as the mis-cue wasn't particularly violent. There have been similar experiences mentioned earlier in this thread. Other than that, I love these tips and can't wait until they go on sale.

Comment

• Thanks very much for the review. I'm sorry to hear the mishap with the miss-cue.
                    The tips seem to be a real winner overall. i will inform every one when they go on public sale, when i get word from Talisman.
                    "Don't think, feel"

Comment

• The New Cowhide tips will be available very soon. Look on Talisman billiards website for details or email Tony from Talisman.
                      These tips are very nice and i hope to have a new batch soon and if i can i will send some out to those who missed out last time, but no promises lol.
                      I have been using thistip for a few weeks now and the other day i had a moster of a miss-cue. not the tips fault it was my bad cueing and there was no damage to the tip at all. I have always been a fan of hard tips and Talisman but even though i thought it not possible, these are even better than the previous ones. Just my opinion though.
                      Last edited by The Doctor; 5 May 2010, 02:53 PM.
                      "Don't think, feel"

Comment

• how soon can we be expecting to get hold of some of these?

Comment

• Hi The Doctor

I would love to give this tip a try, can you let me know when you get some more of these, i dont mind paying etc, from the reviews they sound great, hase anyone got a picture of them?

If you could let me know that would be great, i will also give it an accuate review.
                          Rocket Ronnie Rules!!!

Comment

• On the left, a Talisman PRO soft, on the right, a Talisman cowhide medium.
                            Attached Files

Comment

• Thanks for the pic
                              Rocket Ronnie Rules!!!

Comment

• No problem, glad to be of assistance. I've had the cowhide tip fitted for about a week now, but have only had the opportunity to get out and play once since I put it on my cue. That being said, at this point I'd concur with the other reviews that have been posted here. Great tip for playability, holds chalk well, and, as usual, little in the way of mushrooming. They do hit differently from the Talisman Pro's though. The cowhide tips seem to be a bit harder but I've been playing with a PRO soft tip and the cowhide is rated medium, so it goes without saying that it would feel harder. I did notice that even after a few hours' play the tip retained its rough texture and didn't go smooth like the Talisman PROs tend to do.

Hopefully I'll get some more table time in over the next couple of weeks and then I should have a better idea what the tips play like.

Comment

Working...
                                X