No announcement yet.

NEW Talisman Tips

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Regarding the Kamui It wont matter too much what side you glue as long as you level the tip first.
    Regarding Ronnie's tip, you don't get medium hard elks, just a box of(varying)tips. He will go through loads just to find a hard one. I can't get my head round why someone of Ronnie's stature would go through this process every time he wants a new tip. Just use a laminated one or a pro-granite and be done with the inconsistency.
    He has used Talisman in the past and he did like them its just that Ronnie, being Ronnie, likes to chop and change.
    "Don't think, feel"

Comment

Hi Doc,

thanks for the quick answer! BUT! if that's so then why for gods sake, do the take the time to write glue on one side? Bloody pathetic if you ask me,

I know that today is the first of April, but somebody must have been playing a practical joke on us all for ages if this is true! Strange don't you think that they've put the word glue on one side
      Quote : It took me eight hours a day for 16 years to become an overnight sensation! Cliff Thorburn

Comment

Are the 11mm high enough to make two tips

Comment

probably, but I wouldn't cut a new tip apart in the hope of getting two good ones! You'll probably end up with two bits of S**t that are no use what so ever!
          Quote : It took me eight hours a day for 16 years to become an overnight sensation! Cliff Thorburn

Comment

why not just glue it on the side that says glue just to be safe? be rather stupid messing up a tip just to try it on the other side dont u think? just incase lol

Comment

Yeah, I suppose you're right, it was just with the whatever (sell by date, LOL) stamped into the top. I thought maybe, that that could be a problem. But i suppose you're right, Why take the chance?

Thanks,

Bry

Comment

Thought it would be quite obvious

Comment

maybe they should change the writing:
                  "glue this side, YES! THIS SIDE!"
                  Highest Match Break - 77
                  Highest Practice Break - 101, 106, 111
                  Highest Breaks of 2010 - 76-65-62-61-60-60-59-57

Comment

maybe they should change the writing:
                    "glue this side, YES! THIS SIDE!"
                    Or maybe, "Don't ask the forum, idiot! Just glue this side"

But then the tips will only be sold in a 2" model

LOL!

Comment

lol then u could cut them and really get your tenners worth!
                      Highest Match Break - 77

Comment

Just measurd a medium black and it,s 5.2 mm high ,so not quite high enough for two unless you like a flatish tip .

Comment

where are these kamuis coming from at the moment?
                          are they the real thing?
                          i am waiting for bce to get them over here so i can get them from ADR
                          Highest Match Break - 77

Comment

I bought mine from snookercues4you , never seen one before so dont know if it the genuine thing or not , cant imagine it being a fake .

Comment

I got mine here!

www.lithoshop.eu

but they're still on the shelf. I put a Talisman medium on my cue only about 10 days ago!
                              Last edited by Strickimicki; 3 April 2010, 02:31 PM. Reason: Because I wrote hard, but it was a medium

Comment

I put a Talisman soft on about 10 days ago too lol.
                                Made my first ton with it, even tho it was only in practice.
                                Read so much about them, didnt believe a lot of the hype until I switched, wont be going back to pressed tips again any time soon
                                Highest Match Break - 77

Comment

Working...
                                X