NEW Talisman Tips

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally Posted by The Doctor View Post
    If i get any more you guys will be the first on the list but im not sure if i will get more. sorry guys.
    Thought that counts!! Thanks DOC
    I can see the table, but lost my ....ive lost my balls

Comment

i put on a new kamui tip for john higgins today and while he was over he gave me some tips that were handed out to the pros who were in china for the china open last week. i am sure these were called chuang tips, these are pressed leather tips made from calf hip leather, these come in 3 grades, medium hard, hard and super hard, the ones john gave me were hards, these come in boxes of only 4 tips. i put 3 of these on for players in the club and as far as pressed tips go i cant believe how good they are, each one was much the same hardness, very consistent, held the chalk well and after a few hours play hadnt changed shape at all which as you's will know is very unuaual for pressed tips! the only thing i would say is that i felt the hard tips were slightly too hard causing a really bad ping when hitting the white, worse than that which a talisman hard or kamui makes. i am going to try to find a site i can get some medium hard tips as these would prob be better for snooker

Comment

New Talisman Tips

Hi Guys.
        Having had the new Talismans for over a week now i am in a position to give a review, I am also waiting on a few of our members to give reviews.
        The New Talisman is made from Cow hide as opposed to Pigskin and Buffalo.
        I don't think these will replace the other ones but rather be another choice.
        Anyway, here is my review.
        First thing i noticed was the colour. They are slightly lighter than the pigskin.
        The ones i tested were medium. They are a lot easier to cut, and i mean a lot.
        The leather is rougher in texture to the others, this helps with taking chalk and grip, and are quite easy to shape.
        As for playing, they are very grippy. I found them more resonsive to spin and don't tend to shine up as do some other harder tips(although I would also say the Medium in these are not as hard as the medium in the others)
        They hold the chalk very well and keep their shape well too.
        My overall opinion is, these tips are easier to put on, hold chalk better and grip the cue ball like an elkmaster.
        I rate these tips very highly, i would say that anyone who has found Laminated tips a bit too hard would love these, and although you could go for a soft, they tend to lose shape a bit easy where as these would hold the shape a bit better and you could go for a med and have no worries about grip.
        It will be interesting to hear how theother guys got on. Hope they hurry up.....
        "Don't think, feel"

Comment

Any chance of a test run doctor?

Comment

I was one of the people to receive a tip and I agree with everything the doctor has said about them in his last post.

I tried the tip out in an afternoon session yesterday. I have not used a talisman before, I use elkmaster or blue diamond, but I found the transition very easy. It was a lot softer than I was expecting. Most of the negative things I had heard about talisman didn't apply to this tip, eg it was easy to glue, easy to cut/shape, held chalk well, no miscues. It kept it's shape perfectly throughout the session, no reshaping needed whatsoever, I never get that with elkmaster!

However,

later in the day a much better player than me came into the club and I asked him to try it out. He shaped it slightly more with some sandpaper and started playing, within about 5 minutes the white ball flew off the table and a small chunk of the tip flew off with it. It wasn't a miscue, he would never miscue THAT badly, and the area of the tip that came off was pretty central rather than at the edge of the tip.

We reshaped it quickly with some sandpaper and it played perfectly from then on, but if it had been in an important match it would have been a disaster.

So my final conclusion is that this is a great tip, but I'd need to have a bit more time with it to have total confidence this wouldn't happen again.

Anthony
            Castle Snooker Club, Brighton
            web : www.castlesnookerclub.com, facebook : www.facebook.com/castlesnookerclub
            Brighton, Hove and District Billiards and Snooker League
            web : www.brightonandhovesnooker.org, facebook : www.facebook.com/BrightonAndHoveSnooker

Comment

I find it very odd that the cue ball would have flew off the table in this manner, normally it is down to either a miss-cue or perhaps there was not enough chalk on the tip after he had sanded it down.
              I am glad however that you liked the tip and it is very useful to hear a review from someone who has never used them before and found the transition easy.
              They are a little softer than the pigskin Talismans and because of this, i think they would be a favorite of most snooker players.
              Thanks very much for the review, i will pass it on to Talisman.
              "Don't think, feel"

Comment

where can i purchase these tips ?????

Comment

well now i have just tried one of these for the first time last night - i played like a muppet but the tip has truely amazing grip, more than any other laminated tip i have tried not sure what i think of it overall yet ask me in a couple of weeks!
                  https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/adr147

Comment

ADR, do you have any to sell yet?

When will have them in stock if not?

Thanks,

Brian.
                    Quote : It took me eight hours a day for 16 years to become an overnight sensation! Cliff Thorburn

Comment

• Originally Posted by Strickimicki View Post
                      ADR, do you have any to sell yet?

When will have them in stock if not?

Thanks,

Brian.
                      not as yet - i imagine if they go on general sale i will have them yes!

Comment

• Who sells Pro granite tips? It seems alot of good feedback on this type.

Comment

• Originally Posted by Monsoon View Post
                          Who sells Pro granite tips? It seems alot of good feedback on this type.

ADR and Stu from gennbaize sell them

Comment

• Thanks Hotpot.

Comment

• Originally Posted by Monsoon View Post
                              Who sells Pro granite tips? It seems alot of good feedback on this type.
                              me! or as beaker would say me me me me me me

Comment

• The new talisman tips are not on public sale at the moment, these are just a test run for now, hopefully be on sale very soon. Thanks Andrew for the initial review look forward to hearing a more detailed one soon, but i would agree that they have amazing grip for a Laminated tip.
                                "Don't think, feel"

Comment

Working...
                                X