3/4 case. Not long enough?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3/4 case. Not long enough?

My cue is 59 1/2" long with a join 12" in from the butt. This gives me the problem of the main part of the cue being around 50" (including the screw thread). I can't seem to find a 3/4 length case to fit this. I need this size to fit into my locker where a full size is too long.
    Does anyone know where to get one that would take a cue this length? Most seem to go up to about 48-49" which is just too short.
    It would be a hard case that I was looking to get.

Cheers.

you could always have 1 made by stamford cues or north wales cases the guy who makes them is a member on here cant imagine they will be cheap though.

Comment

you coulg buy a 1pc alliminium case, take the plastic ends off, cut the length down to suit and re-glue the ends. Shouldn't be too difficult and cheaper than getting one made

Comment

Originally Posted by adam_s_101 View Post
        you coulg buy a 1pc alliminium case, take the plastic ends off, cut the length down to suit and re-glue the ends. Shouldn't be too difficult and cheaper than getting one made
        It had crossed my mind as well. I remember the old 'Silver Fox' cases from about 20+ years ago were just basic aluminium boxes and had simple stuck on ends that always fell off!! Do they still make some cases like this?

Thanks for the replies.

Comment

I had a look at some cases on line and they do seem to have plastic caps and should be easy enough to shorten and then re fit the ends.
          I think I will give this a go.

Comment

yeh most of the alliminium cases are like that. Might be best to take a bit off each end so the handle is still in the middle

Comment

Originally Posted by adam_s_101 View Post
              yeh most of the alliminium cases are like that. Might be best to take a bit off each end so the handle is still in the middle
              just make sure you get one where the hinges are close to the middle
              Andi Mack

Comment

Thanks for the replies.
                Good points about the hinges and handle.

Cheers.

Comment

most of the aluminium cases have their "hinges" built into the aluminium, so it's not something you need to worry about, all you need to worry is the "handle" and the "latches", which would be solved by cutting the ends, but getting the end caps off may be a problem (hot air gun? but doing so you will need to remove the foam first... ), or see if you could source the original end cap parts instead...

Comment

Here's one:
                    http://snookercues.com/3pc%20cue%20cases.htm
                    It's 50 inches long inside with room for extensions. I'm thinking of buying one for myself.

Comment

Barracuda Match two section 3/4 cases are 50" internal measurement,but you would have to source one second hand,probably one of the best cases you could get.Cue Craft two section aluminium 3/4 cases are 50 1/8" internal if you remove the chalk compartment,personally I would just cut the wall of the chalk compartment and thus allow the shaft to protrude into the chalk compartment.Doing this you retain somewhere ( albeit on one side only) room for a block of chalk.I too have a cue of 59 1/4" with a low joint so I know the problems you face,either solution previously mentioned will work.Hope this helps.

Comment

Working...
                      X