Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally Posted by cally View Post
    Just had an hour with my new balls...

WOW.. what a difference. Must get a case for them ASAP.

Ant......:snooker:
    It really is a shock how much a difference it makes using a quality set of balls. All you have do now is play on a top quality table. I play on the match table now and again in our club and the difference is night and day, compared to the other tables in our club even though every table in our club is steal block cushions just heavier cloths on them.

Comment

Your right, gotta find a quality table too play on regular that's not too far from me.

Trouble is their mighty hard to find, or i might just not been looking hard enough...

Would be nice to play on a top table now and then, but my quid an hour table will do for most of my practice for now...

I'll take a gander up to terry's matchroom soon i think..:snooker:

Ant...

Comment

How about buying an old briefcase from a charity shop and filling it with foam from an upholsterer... Might work
        sigpic A Truly Beakerific Long Pot Sir!

Comment

I have set of TC also, whole other thread about them...
          But I also bought the peradon case, its a quality case, definitely recommend it
          Peradon cases are superb, for cues as well, just a shame their cues dont seem to be up to the same standard IMO (the ones ive seen n played with)
          Highest Match Break - 77
          Highest Practice Break - 101, 106, 111
          Highest Breaks of 2010 - 76-65-62-61-60-60-59-57

Comment

Yeah, think i'll order the peradon case from thurston, seems like the best option...

Everything nearly sorted.
            Just the wait on my trev to go now...

Comment

Originally Posted by cally View Post
              Yeah, think i'll order the peradon case from thurston, seems like the best option...

Everything nearly sorted.
              Just the wait on my trev to go now...
              I got mine from them also, had some woman phone me with a well dodgy scouse accent lol.
              How long u got left to wait for ya Trev?
              I got 6 months lol, only placed order 2 weeks ago
              Highest Match Break - 77

Comment

Still a while to go yet...

End of may beginning of june i'll finally get my mitts on my trev hopefully......:snooker:

Comment

you will have to let me know how u get on, I gotta wait till like august lol.
                  what kinda design u gone for?
                  is it ya first TW?
                  Highest Match Break - 77

Comment

Just got back from practice, seemed to struggle with my new balls today......

Did'nt enjoy practice today at all really......32 break was the highest i could manage today, going to take some getting used to these TC balls after using club balls for 20 odd years eh...

Need to get my head into practice over next few months and maybe see a coach for a few lessons soon...:snooker:....

Was cueing across the ball quite a bit on alot of shots today too....

Strange thing is i could feel if was doing it last week and was able to correct it and was cueing qiuite well and quite aware if i was cueing straight, and had a good feel that the cue was going through nice, could'nt seem to get that feeling today and rectify it today tho...

I dunno.......

Comment

I'm a cheap skate!

When i got my new set of TC's i immediately taped the outer side of the box with gaffer tape and the outer side of the lid! then i got a laptop bag with shoulder strap! Job Done! Even has room for my padding block!

As you can see from the pictures i did'nt use a Laptop bag myself, i got this from Ikea knowing that it would do the job. It kind of like a DJ's record bag (would also work perfectly!). This was obviously before i had thought of the Laptop bag idea! Still both serve the purpose extremely well don't they! The bag i use has just enough room for my Padding block so i can pad down the nap, each and everytime before i play!

As you can see the grey gaffer tape is only used to reinforce the box as it will take some jip continually taking it out and putting back in the bag. I do like your idea of covering it in leather Cally but i'd rather see the original box tbh! As i'm sure that people would rather see what type of balls are being used!
                      Attached Files
                      Last edited by inevermissblue; 22 March 2010, 10:49 AM.
                      Cheap and Cheerful! 😄
                      https://wpbsa.com/coaches/simon-seabridge/

Comment

Nice 1 , i quite like that idea.....

Think i prefer that idea, rather than carrying a brief case about...:snooker:

Comment

Originally Posted by inevermissblue View Post
                          .... Even has room for my padding block!
                          Whats one of them ?

Comment

Originally Posted by jrc750 View Post
                            Whats one of them ?
                            Don't be nosey....

(i aint got a clue either)

Comment

Shoulder strap is handy if the laptop bag fits OK. I've looked at all the options and all have plus/minus points.
                              1) B&Q case at £15 plus bits of foam is nice and cheap. Suggest you use the "egg box" bit that is supplied with your balls if you've got it.
                              2) Thurstons Peradon £40 case with the combination lock is a great deal. Holds 25 balls and a bit of chalk.
                              3) I opted for the Riley "fur lined" case at £45 (incl P&P) from The Snooker Centre on e-bay. Holds only 22 balls.
                              Not at all sure I've chosen well. Snap decision. Things that swung it for me was:-
                              a) Riley was that smallest in terms of overall dimensions.
                              b) Didn't want to have to remember a combination lock number on the Peradon. Thought that someone would just lift the whole frigging case rather than try to work out the combination and make off with your white.
                              c) Couldn't be bothered looking for bits of foam for the B&Q case. Polystyrene might have been an option though. Got lots of that lying around!
                              d) Liked the Riley "furry" kinky interior as opposed to the Peradon plastic. Assume no animals were hurt during its construction.

Comment

I was set on ordering the peradon case, but i'm going to have a little looksy at a laptop case/manbag idea first i think...

Comment

Working...
                                X