Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally Posted by hatterboard View Post
    anyone help me ?
    have had a cue made an fitted with a kamui, i used the cue for about 4 hours an liked the feel. then had issue with cue an had it altered. have got the cue back (tip untouched) an the tip now feels like am playing with a penicl rubber on the end.
    any ideas or suggestions.
    What did you have done?

Comment

had the butt took down. it was slightly too chunky in me hand so about 1/2m has been tapered off

Comment

Geoffpotblack

Originally Posted by s1ivv3r View Post
        Exactly what i said in a previous thread Oldgit... now i have a question... i bought the 14mm version in Medium and Soft... i found the Medium a tad too hard but the Soft was perfect for my game... does anyone know if the 11mm version is graded differently to the 14mm version??.. i ask this as you don't seem to be able to buy the Soft in an 11mm flavour!

But... it is the best tip i have ever played with in 27 years of playing the game!
        The 14mm 'Black' come in various densities, don't think Black offer 11mm option only original. Just bought the 14mm Super Soft Black from USA :snooker:however not tried it yet, with your comments I am looking forward to getting it fitted at North West Snooker on Monday by Kev. Only thing is got a match same night so here goes!

Comment

So you got your tip then Geoff, let me know how it goes.
          Don't know who this is?.........I Played for your team or two years( nearly) but packed in because of the prima donna's (more like kebabs)..guessed yet?.

Comment

playing with Kamui black (MH) for past 1 week for more than 10 hours now. So far very happy with the performance, this one is better than what i had tried before.

Comment

I remember seeing a video demonstration somewhere a while back about the newer black tips, Kamui II. Maybe it's on their website, I dunno, but it said the black is more resistant to humidity/moisture.

Renegade
              Renegade_56

Mike Wooldridge Black Shark

Raffle For Chris Nitti Custom Pool Cue

www.classifiedbillards.com/mybb

Comment

New Tip Fitted

I agree with 'henrytay' the Kamui tips are nice to play with, they feel great when you strike the cue ball.... Took my cue to North West Cues were Kev fit the tip. He cut the tip in half and made two 14mm tips about 4mm thick, as the original was 8mm think. I now have a great tip and a spair. Purchased from Neilson Billiards in USA, if anyone wants address or e-mail address let me know and I will post.

Comment

I have put on my cue Kamui Black 14mm super soft. And it is by far the best tip I have ever used... Highly recomended
                  You cannot improve your game if you don't have a cue and snooker table
                  BTW vucko means wolfie

Comment

OK........so after originally starting this thread I have just bought a cue and it arrived with a black kamui tip on!! I have now practiced with the cue for over a week and not only love the cue BUT the tip is brilliant!! Really responsive and consistant, I am now reassessing my original opinion.

Oldgit
                    'Believe To Achieve'

Comment

I have also been Told the Black Kamui Tips are Better.

I have Not yet Fitted one to my Cue but will Try one after all my Tourny's are Over.

Gaz.

Comment

i've tried both M and MH black 11mm kamui tips but just can't get used to the feel... in fact, i felt the tan ones played better... it's just a personal preference though, that's all... :snooker:
                        When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take the lemons back. GET MAD!!

Comment

extremely ****ed off. just been for a knock an the kamui split. reckon i might of used it for 20 hours in 5 weeks. aint even played for 2 weeks. as well as it played ,if it does that it cant be classed by me as value.

Comment

Originally Posted by ADR147 View Post
                            ok - i will simplify it. the price he is selling kamui tips for is impossible

8.95 EUR = 7.46582 GBP

trade price here is £6 plus vat and delivery etc. which works out at £7.10 each. if you were selling them to make a £0.36 profit you would be bankrupt pretty fast.
                            He is making very minimum profit cos if i m not wrong, dealer price is abt £5-£6 per pcs for a min order of 50pcs.

Comment

Originally Posted by willytan View Post
                              He is making very minimum profit cos if i m not wrong, dealer price is abt £5-£6 per pcs for a min order of 50pcs.
                              The numbers posted above euqate to a 5% margin. Now, if you're a large merchant bank dealing in billions of pounds a day then a 5% margin might be OK for a short while as long as things improve pretty quickly.

If your buying/selling snooker cues and accessories in order to make a living, even on a part-time basis, a 5% margin is financial suicide.

Comment

Originally Posted by Gerry Armstrong View Post
                                The numbers posted above euqate to a 5% margin. Now, if you're a large merchant bank dealing in billions of pounds a day then a 5% margin might be OK for a short while as long as things improve pretty quickly.

If your buying/selling snooker cues and accessories in order to make a living, even on a part-time basis, a 5% margin is financial suicide.
                                correct - also remember the amount of money you are tying up and the amount of time it takes to get your 5% return!
                                https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/adr147

Comment

Working...
                                X