standard tips on John Parris Cues?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• standard tips on John Parris Cues?

anyone know what tip is used on a standard John Parris Cue?

just a curious question aqs not sure, i liked hte original tip my cue had on it but have no idea what it was....

thanks!
    what a frustrating, yet addictive game this is....

Originally Posted by Luke Hooper View Post
    anyone know what tip is used on a standard John Parris Cue?

just a curious question aqs not sure, i liked hte original tip my cue had on it but have no idea what it was....

thanks!
    Most likley an elk, as that is what he tends to stick on, unless a diffrent tip is requested, but you can always contact him to confirm.:snooker:
    I can see the table, but lost my ....ive lost my balls

Comment

bought a cue 2 weeks ago, and a Elkmaster is fitted to all his cues unless an other is asked for

Comment

thanks guys

Comment

You can also try to contact John on this forum if you have any more question about his cues, his handle is his full name.
          www.AuroraCues.com

Comment

He fits his cues with Elkmasters. I have requested a MW supertip on my cue but he said they don't stock them but that I was welcome to provide one & they'd fit it.

I ended up with his Elkmaster (which was a very good one btw) until it was time to change then I re-tipped the cue myself with a MW supertip.
            Winner of C77's Masters Fantasy Game 2010
            Joint-winner of montoya10/theasaris' Shanghai Masters Fantasy Game 2010

Comment

He uses Elk
              Proud winner of the 2009 Premier League Semi-Final Prediction Contest

Comment

Iv literally just taken my cue in for a re-finish and re-tip, I asked him and he stocks elk, BD and talisman but all of his rack cues are tipped wiv elks, hope this helps.
                :snooker:

Comment

Thanks alot guys

Comment

I suppose the key question not et asked here is why? Why does Parris prefer Elks to blue diamond or any other tip. Can anyone give a good answer to the difference in tips. I realise that it is personal choice but what is the essential difference? Is there a guide on here to explain different tips e.g hard, soft and single layer etc and how the tip effects the contact with a snooker ball. Cheers and looking forward to a lesson on tips from an expert out there.

Comment

Originally Posted by paulstreetboy View Post
                      I suppose the key question not et asked here is why? Why does Parris prefer Elks to blue diamond or any other tip. Can anyone give a good answer to the difference in tips. I realise that it is personal choice but what is the essential difference? Is there a guide on here to explain different tips e.g hard, soft and single layer etc and how the tip effects the contact with a snooker ball. Cheers and looking forward to a lesson on tips from an expert out there.
                      Bcoz elk masters are more consistent in quality then blue diamonds nowadays.
                      My deep screw shot
                      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mHXTv4Dt-ZQ

Comment

Fair enuf!

Comment

Laminated tips give u more firm hit and woodish feel compared to compressed tips like Elkmaster,Blue Diamionds etc.
                          My deep screw shot

Comment

Which tips do your prefer and why?

Comment

I prefer Talisman soft find controlling the white around the black spot a bit easier,
                              I find them very good for playing soft screws and stuns around the black spot.
                              But It took me some time to adjust with my long game with these tips.
                              Now I am gonna give Kamui Medium tips a try ordered one last week from craftsmancues.
                              But having said that It comes down to personal preference.
                              My deep screw shot

Comment

Working...
                              X