Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Personalised cases

Hi All,

I just wondered if I could get your thoughts and opinions on a matter before I pursue it.

An old boss and very good friend of mine is a traditional sign writer. He is the only person in the UK allowed to personalise Louis Vuitton luggage and accessories, Sign writes the Number 10 on No.10 Downing street and has done alot of prestigious work in the past.

We got chatting over a beer one sunny afternoon and the thought came to me of having leather cases with a personalised intials/motif etc. The chap thought it could be a nice idea, as I did too as alot of people like to have something that is unique to themselves. Now im not talking having "Man Utd" put on your case....the work would be very classy and elegant.

So before I trial a case I wondered what peoples opinions are and if it would be a nice thing to offer?
    sigpic <---New Website
    Dan Shelton Cues on Facebook

I for one would like to have the option of getting a classy case with my name on it as long as the name option wasn't too expensive.

The problem may be what kind of case should you offer? Leather/wood and enough space to carry 3/4-butt with 2 extensions plus compartment for chalk, glassess, etc.

I think your idea will fly

Terry
    Terry Davidson
    IBSF Master Coach & Examiner

Comment

I don't think I'd bother with my name on the case as this would affect my chance of selling it on at some time. I'd be more interested in getting something with enough space for all my bits and pieces. A decent carrying handle with good catches that don't spring open unexpectedly is also a requirement. For leather cases I like some sort of metal protectors for the ends to avoid wear and tear. Seen many a nice case spoiled because of scuffed ends.

Comment

Sorry i think i worded the thread wrong. What im thing is getting some leather cases made and have them as an option to go with cues. Also offering the option to have them customised with a little motif/crest/initials.

cheers
        sigpic <---New Website

Comment

would it be stitched on or printed/painted on somehow.

Comment

Originally Posted by ste bed View Post
            would it be stitched on or printed/painted on somehow.
            Painted by hand. Ive asked him to send some pictures. Paint will never flake off either as its treated.
            sigpic <---New Website

Comment

i think its a nice idea...surprised no one else thought of it

Comment

Nice idea, I have an order in for a Stamford case with my name embroidered into the handle it's only an extra £8 for the personal touch to the case and for me it makes it just that little bit special.
                It's not like I’m going to walk into the club and see another one like it and if I am every unfortunate to have it stolen it’s going to be hard to explain why the handle and the suede is missing on the inside of the case were my name used to be.

Comment

I would want an LV Damier Graphite

Comment

I'd definitly get you name but on them as standard, then whoever buys one of your cues then has the chance to get a branded case offering the full custom made package.

You could then offer a personalised option at a small extra cost.

Presumably the lead time of a cue allows plenty of time for for one off cases to be customised so you wouldnt need to keep stock.

If this isnt what you meant, then I'll take 10% of each sale for giving you the idea
                    Steve180
                    Cues for swap/sale
                    Powerglide Purist 3/4
                    Peradon Anniversary 1 piece

Comment

I think the idea is good as it becomes a luxary case with abit of class. I have seen the lv lugages with personal touches and it does look classy. Will the painting be done by yourself or your friend?

keep in mind that if it is a classy luxary case and your aiming your case to tha high end market, then the finishing, material etc with have to look the part. If the quality of the leather the same as an lv lugage, i would personal get one, as the leather is quite durable and egdes dont scuff easily.

In fact, i'm looking for a case and i'm intrested in one of these case, you can use me as a trail (i will pay for it), if your interested email me (tianloh at hotmail dot com)

Comment

The work will be done by him....id not know where to start. Im in the process of getting some images from him and will post some of his work up.
                        sigpic <---New Website

Comment

have u made cases before? i do believe it will work, because if lv have been doing luguages for years and they are personalising the case, there must be a market. Dan, if you every deside to make these cases, i'll defo get one. I've been looking at case for a while now thats unique, classy and simple, and this sounds like what i would want.

Comment

I Would like to ask the guys from China.

Wouldn't it be easy to get a replica LV case on your side?

Comment

Working...
                            X