No announcement yet.

Chalk Usage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

tissue paper i folded up into a square so my chalk will stay up the top. genius right? now thats what i call engineering xD

Comment

snookerloopy_08,

Waste not, want not! That is about the way I used it.
      :snooker:

Comment

hotpot,

Thanks for the kind words - mucka

Comment

Originally Posted by Terry Davidson View Post
          I'm pretty picky about my chalk as I don't like it touching the ferrule. I always end up with a 4-pointed 'star' on mine and when that gets to a point where I see some black inside I file the chalk down to where it's not touching the ferrule anymore...

Terry
          Similarly I always get a 4 pointed star too. I seldom change my chalk, and only do so when the star gets too deep and I can't chalk the tip properly.

Anyway, besides the 4 pointed star and the 1 deep hole, what kind of other shapes do you get from your chalk?
          John Lim

Targets to beat: -line up 63, 78 (Nov 2012)- -practice match 67 (Nov 2012)- -competition 33 (Oct 2011)-

Comment

I'm a 4 pointed star person as well. I hate using brand new blocks of chalk, even to the point where i'll give my mates a new block of chalk and let them use it, then after a couple of weeks i'll just "borrow" it back.

Comment

I know this is about chalk, but after my longish rant last time, would like to say that managed a 31 today and missed an easy black. I know this is not much, but is a start. Managing to screw a lot better, but not so good when having to use power.

Comment

I've just discovered that those ice-cube making trays are just the right size to hold chalk. You need to cut the tray down to fit into the compartment in your cue case.
                PS Hope Cally reads this post. I know he's always interested in innovative ideas. eg the manbag for holding his balls.

Comment

Working...
                X