X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I could do a test for you, and write a little summary about each
    Science is a refinement of everyday thinking -- Albert Einstein

Comment

sounds like a plan, when is convenient? I have Triangle, Master and Sliver Cup chalk available at the moment.
      Watch Exclusive Snooker Live & On Demand
      Freeview Snooker TV channel

Comment

Originally Posted by The_Teach
        sounds like a plan, when is convenient? I have Triangle, Master and Sliver Cup chalk available at the moment.
        youve typed them in the order of "best" to "worst" when used on a 'blue diamond' or an 'elkmaster'.

IMHO

Comment

I use gold Master chalk!
          During the dark green triangle chalk fiasco I ordered a selection of different chalk from uk8ball.com I liked the gold master best and have stuck to it for over a year. It doesn't mark your hands, cue or cueball! It does show a little on the cloth though!

Comment

How are we planning to do it TT?

Comment

Originally Posted by Obligation
              How are we planning to do it TT?

yeah.

just how are you planning to do it?

Comment

Are you going to send them off or something?

Comment

Originally Posted by Obligation
                  Are you going to send them off or something?

thats what i thought would happen.

would be interesting to know

Comment

green triangle chalk.
                    im dreaming of...a century:rolleyes: ..But one day...it will come.;)

Comment

Sorry Obligation

I have been real busy as I have lost my only other member of staff to long term sickness.

I can send you the chalk in the post pm me an address. I think fr scientific purposes - same cue, same tip, same day. Soft strokes, playing with side, top spin and dee screw shots. Looking for how the chalk grips, whether it marks ball or cloth to any great degree.
                      Watch Exclusive Snooker Live & On Demand
                      Freeview Snooker TV channel

Comment

why soft strokes?

(would have thought "medium" would have been closer to the "average" type of stroke)

Comment

I personally don't think type of chalk matters. No matter how good the chalk if your a good player you can use any chalk

Comment

Originally Posted by adcaceo
                            I personally don't think type of chalk matters. No matter how good the chalk if your a good player you can use any chalk
                            if you use black chalk on a hard tip most of it will come off onto the cueball, and a lot onto the cloth. yes a good player will be able to use it as well as other chalk, but its certainly more grainy, and it marks the white so it looks like a mini moon. not so great, and off putting.

Comment

Originally Posted by RaNeN
                              I use triangle too! Its the best , I have used the blue Masters chalk but its no good.
                              Triangle is the best!!!
                              I used to use Blue Masters, but then when I heard that green chalk doesn't leave as many marks on the cueball (so less kicks), I switched to green triangle chalk. Right now I have five brand new GT and the one I'm using now I ripped the wrapper off and sellotaped around it

Comment

i dissagree with adcaceo some chalk just does not give you grip i have picked up wrong chalk done same type of shot as i have played same day and miscued you can deffo do different things with cue ball with better chalk

Comment

Working...
                                X