No announcement yet.

The Best Chalk?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I agree with adcaceo, Ronnie could play with any chalk and still play in the sublime way he does.
    Science is a refinement of everyday thinking -- Albert Einstein

Comment

yes but we are not talking about ronnie we are talking about all players at all standards ronnie could pot of light shade with club cue but we still advise each other on so called best cues etc have you never had probs with chalk obligation?

Comment

I'm sure chalk does matter. I've only used three or four brands so I'm not really qualified to say which is the best out there, but there's a notable difference between some of them. Just one example, I can't strike anywhere near as low on the cueball with blue supapro chalk as I can with green triangle as I miscue.

It might not matter so much to Ronnie (though I'm sure he still has a preference) because his timing is so good he could probably grip the white regardless of the brand of dust on his tip. But for the rest of us, as pooliebell says, it's a different story.

Comment

Originally Posted by pooliebell
          have you never had probs with chalk obligation?
          I prefer one chalk over another, yes.

But for me anyway, the difference is not so dramatic that it could become the difference between winning and loosing a frame

Comment

the different consistency and colour of chalk will cause different "problems" to the average player over a long term trial.

different chalks are good for different types of tip.

im sure even ronnie, if he was to use a very very hard tip in combination with the finest of chalk then hed have problems playing some shots unless he paid very close attention to chalking prior to every shot

Comment

Sorry TT, are you still around, can I PM you my address so we can sort something out?

Comment

are you there TT?

Comment

Cant beat the green triangle chalk
                  Rocket Ronnie Rules!!!

Comment

ive got a box of Balabuska billiard chalk....god knows how old it is...trying a piece out next visit...anyone know if its crap or not

been looking for triangle dark green...but alas...no one now has it

Comment

That dark green was rubbish!
                      I bet I've got some somewhere though!

Comment

well the stocks of the light green we have been getting has bits of shiney stuff in and sort of grates over the tip....still whatever takes yer fancy

Comment

Not noticed that and been using light green again for about a year!
                          Still like gold master chalk best; might go back to it!

Comment

Originally Posted by subzeer0
                            ive got a box of Balabuska billiard chalk....god knows how old it is...trying a piece out next visit...anyone know if its crap or not

been looking for triangle dark green...but alas...no one now has it
                            i sold a box of 12 for £70 to the usa a while back because they don't make it any more! - its very hard but not bad once you break the wax seal
                            https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/adr147

Comment

Green triangle chalk.
                              You have to be 100% behind someone before you can stab them in the back.

Comment

I normally use the cheap blue stuff. But I found this peace of Green chalk! It is really good!
                                http://img411.imageshack.us/img411/398/stickmenzl3.gif

I wish someday, I will witness a 155 break.

Comment

Working...
                                X