No announcement yet.

The Best Chalk?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

anyone know which brand is O'Sullivan using at the moment???? Master or Triangle?
    i ve heard that the chalk that most pros using at pretty expensive

Comment

Originally Posted by adcaceo View Post
      I personally don't think type of chalk matters. No matter how good the chalk if your a good player you can use any chalk
      I give you 10 on this answer
      It's in the Shaft

Comment

Originally Posted by The_Teach View Post
        Does everyone in here use green triangle chalk or are some of you the exception to the norm?
        I will use any chalk that is different from others. Why? Just want to stand out from the crowd
        It's in the Shaft

Comment

green triangle all the way hate everything else. im quite particular tho some of the green stuff doesnt apply the same as others so i got thru about 10 pieces before i get one i like and has to be shaped right else cant stand it lol sand paper it down and start again lol my little OCD i think

Comment

I have always used Triangle Dark Green chalk but never realised that it was difficult to get hold of until reading this thread and trying to get hold of some last weekend I find I do not get as much spin from Light green Triangle chalk and have to chalk my cue a lot more often,

So my quest to find a new type of chalk has begun I have purchased the following types of chalks and intend to go through them and form some sort of review (Listed in order of Darkest to Lightest)

Empire Billiard Chalk
            National Tournament Chalk
            Supreme Pool (Free With Pool Table)
            Silver Cup Chalk
            Triangle Chalk (Light Green)

Any Suggestions to other chalks I can add to the test?

Thanks In advance

Comment

I was told that the different colours (Red, Green, Blue) were originally sold for etiquette and you are supposed to choose the colour closest to the cloth. Not sure if this is true but hey its a theory.

Comment

Originally Posted by rudger View Post
                I have always used Triangle Dark Green chalk but never realised that it was difficult to get hold of until reading this thread and trying to get hold of some last weekend I find I do not get as much spin from Light green Triangle chalk and have to chalk my cue a lot more often,

So my quest to find a new type of chalk has begun I have purchased the following types of chalks and intend to go through them and form some sort of review (Listed in order of Darkest to Lightest)

Empire Billiard Chalk
                Silver Cup Chalk

Thanks In advance
                Our Club has tried almost every brand of chalk, and found that the 'Silver Cup' has the perfect moisture, and grips on the tip very well (our personal experience only). Triangle Chalk has too many chinese faked in Asian, so we skip using it for quite sometimes now. NTC is our second brand
                It's in the Shaft

Comment

Blue Master chalk for this guy!

Comment

Is there any chance that someone who has various makes of chalk could put them up on Ebay so that we can try out 1 block at a time? I have tried to search for this already, but unfortunately it seems that you can only really purchase blocks of 12 which is a complete waste of time! I would like to ba able to buy 1 block of each manufacturer i.e. Geordie green,empire,silver cup,supapro etc... Can anybody help??? :snooker: :snooker: :snooker:
                    Cheap and Cheerful! 😄
                    https://wpbsa.com/coaches/simon-seabridge/

Comment

It really depends on the type of tip you are using. On a pressed leather tip, like blue diamond/elk then triangle will do the job fine. If you are using a laminated tip then i would always go for Master chalk.
                      The colour is intended to be used closest to cloth colour, but some players find the blue chalk marks the ball and can also stain the cue. I prefer to use Green master chalk.
                      I know both are made by Tweetens, but the Master chalk has more silicone content than triangle, thus making it slightly creamier, the triangle will last longer and is a harder chalk.
                      "Don't think, feel"

Comment

Originally Posted by onefinger View Post
                        Blue Master chalk for this guy!
                        Me too. Although I feel a little bit guilty about the blue chalk marks I leave on the cloth.

Comment

Originally Posted by JamesFoster View Post
                          Me too. Although I feel a little bit guilty about the blue chalk marks I leave on the cloth.
                          Master Chalk also offers in light green color, similarly to Triangle green. And it has the same 'gripping' property too
                          It's in the Shaft

Comment

Originally Posted by inevermissblue View Post
                            Is there any chance that someone who has various makes of chalk could put them up on Ebay so that we can try out 1 block at a time? I have tried to search for this already, but unfortunately it seems that you can only really purchase blocks of 12 which is a complete waste of time! I would like to ba able to buy 1 block of each manufacturer i.e. Geordie green,empire,silver cup,supapro etc... Can anybody help??? :snooker: :snooker: :snooker:
                            http://www.shop.uk8ball.co.uk/

Do a mixed 12 box bought it myself a few years back!

Comment

[QUOTE=rudger;406205]I have always used Triangle Dark Green chalk but never realised that it was difficult to get hold of until reading this thread and trying to get hold of some last weekend I find I do not get as much spin from Light green Triangle chalk and have to chalk my cue a lot more often,

Empire Billiard Chalk
                              Silver Cup Chalk

Hi this experiment is more a case of "the devil makes work..." for me.

I normally use Green Triangle chalk and although this is good, it often dries out and only when this happens does the chalk really begin to work in my opinion. The trick is to get the right balance of dampness to no longer be marking the cloth, but not mark the cueball. Although this is usually achieved it is a very laborious process.

So what i am looking for is a chalk that already has these properties. I have recently purchased a box of Empire Billiard chalk. It looks very dark in colour and the box says "firm but soft" so hopefully this will be what im looking for.
                              I am yet to try it so fingers crossed. If this doesn't work then i will try the Geordie Pool chalk brand.:snooker: :snooker: :snooker:

I do alot of stupid things when i'm bored! Most notibly was the cue i made from a mopstale!!! ; a wood plane, 3 bin bags, superglue, a ferrulle, a tip, screwdriver, hammer lol, lead fishing weights, and lots and lots of sandpaper!!!
                              No joke! Sadly i no longer have it! Shame the picture would be proof!!!
                              Cheap and Cheerful! 😄
                              https://wpbsa.com/coaches/simon-seabridge/

Comment

There is nothing else I would ever use. It cant be beat.

Comment

Working...
                                X