No announcement yet.

The Best Chalk?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Green triangle chalk is made by Tweeten. Many years ago is was made by Kiekheffer Chigago and was the best chalk I have ever used. I have 2 pieces left which I wont use. I also have 6 pieces of blue Kiekheffer.
    The wraping is identicle in every way except for the name written on one side.
    Roy Bacon

Comment

Originally Posted by andyt1992 View Post
      I was told that the different colours (Red, Green, Blue) were originally sold for etiquette and you are supposed to choose the colour closest to the cloth. Not sure if this is true but hey its a theory.
      Too true as many a table cleaner or Billiards Fitter will testify , Brushing blue chalk off a Green cloth .
      [/SIGPIC]http://www.gclbilliards.com

Comment

Green Triangle is the best and no doubt about it. I wouldn't use anything else.

Comment

Did not have time to go through all these pages.
          Just wondering what about Balabushka chalk?
          www.AuroraCues.com

Comment

There's a guy in our club who uses triangle blue chalk , and it sticks to the cue ball throwing it off line and , also marking the table . he says it shapes his tip and is better than green . shall we .

1. try and plead with him to change .
            2 show him scientific proof that the trajectory is altered by chalk on the object ball .
            3. shoot him ..

He won't be told . help please .
            Last edited by highbreak 8; 14 August 2009, 01:05 AM. Reason: spelling mistake

Comment

Originally Posted by bongo View Post
              Green Triangle is the best and no doubt about it. I wouldn't use anything else.
              Same here. I use nothing else but Green Triangle..
              "Statistics won't tell you much about me. I play for love, not records."

ALEX HIGGINS

Comment

Has anyone actually got any mid or dark green triangle chalk they can send to me. we can only get our hands on the powdery stuff. ricky has been using blue in practise but it does stick badly to the white and is desperate to get hold of some before shanghai. ive told him the power of tsf will get us a block or 2.

Comment

Originally Posted by leeroygor View Post
                  Has anyone actually got any mid or dark green triangle chalk they can send to me. we can only get our hands on the powdery stuff. ricky has been using blue in practise but it does stick badly to the white and is desperate to get hold of some before shanghai. ive told him the power of tsf will get us a block or 2.
                  Surely the green chalk available now is better than that rubbish blue stuff?

Comment

Originally Posted by leeroygor View Post
                    Now mate, I have had some of this stuff but got rid of it due to it being really hard and scratchy. I prefer the lighter green powdery stuff myself. I don't think i've got any dark left but i'll have a look for you.
                    Live for the day you're in, tomorrow is just something that may happen

Comment

• Guy in our club!!!

Originally Posted by highbreak 8 View Post
                      There's a guy in out club who uses triangle blue chalk , and it sticks to the cue ball throwing it off line and , also marking the table . he says it shapes his tip and is better than green . shall we .

1. try and plead with him to change .
                      2 show him scientific proof that the trajectory is altered by chalk on the object ball .
                      3. shoot him ..

He won't be told . help please .
                      "Your always going to have trouble getting rid of a body in one piece. I hear that the best way to do this is to cut the body into 5 pieces. Then put it all together. The next thing is to feed it to pigs! You'd have to remove the teeth with some pliers though. Well you would'nt want to go sifting through pig @#$5 now would you??? A pig can go through raw flesh like butter, consuming 2lbs of uncooked flesh in about 10 minutes! Hence the phrase" As greedy as a pig" So be very wary of anyone who owns a pig farm"
                      Brick Top. Snatch.

Hope this helps!

We have a similar pest in our club, always interferring. Pretending to know everything, while failing miserably at hiding the fact he knows nowt!
                      Cheap and Cheerful! 😄
                      https://wpbsa.com/coaches/simon-seabridge/

Comment

• without a shadow of a doubt the best there is, is powerglide embassy chalk, in fact if anyone has any i will pay a pound a block for it

Comment

• Originally Posted by inevermissblue View Post
                          "your always going to have trouble getting rid of a body in one piece. I hear that the best way to do this is to cut the body into 5 pieces. Then put it all together. The next thing is to feed it to pigs! You'd have to remove the teeth with some pliers though. Well you would'nt want to go sifting through pig @#$5 now would you??? A pig can go through raw flesh like butter, consuming 2lbs of uncooked flesh in about 10 minutes! Hence the phrase" as greedy as a pig" so be very wary of anyone who owns a pig farm"
                          brick top. Snatch.

Hope this helps!

We have a similar pest in our club, always interferring. Pretending to know everything, while failing miserably at hiding the fact he knows nowt!
                          ok ive done that , the teeth were easy , they were dentures .

Comment

• Originally Posted by inevermissblue View Post
                            It is the same in most clubs , one or two players try and manipulate other players + owners of clubs and the Billiard fitter .

Example one

I am fitting Hainsworth euro cloth to 8 x 9ft by 4ft sam k steel tables , a guy comes in with his mate , and says are you fitting any K9 cloth to the tables , I say no , he says I will have a word with the club owner , he should have consulted me as I asked next time the tables where recovered that the table we play on be covered in K9 cloth .
                            I replied , well this hainsworth cloth is durable and will last in a comerecial Club for comercial use , will k9 last as long ? or is it just a tournament or home use cloth for a faster table ? which will wear very fast in club use .
                            He replied well it makes no differance we want the K9 , I will sort it with the owner of the club .
                            Next morning the owner has a word with me , I said if you let people like this run youre club , then you are onto a hiding for nothing .Nip it in the bud .
                            He told me these two members wanted the K9 cloth on the table plus the pockets tigtening up by shimming .and to cover it up for matches only and practice for them , and no other members unless good enough could practice on it .
                            I replied well there you are if you was running a taxi firm would you put one cab out of action just so two paying customers had exclusive use of it , and would that cab have leather seats and a video screen in the back ? because these two customers requested for it .
                            these clubs are run on a comercial basis and cannot afford to have a table just covered up , the same applies to the Billiard tables and English pool , if it is a members club and everyone pays a subscription , then EVERYONE is entitled to play on any table .

Example two

Getting back to the chalk , the prefered chalk and the top selling one is Green triangle for billiard tables , But other chalk for other uses . example .

I was in a club in nottingham , and they had ordered some cheap chalk a gross box .
                            One player ( who is a regular moaner ) was complaining because the chalk would not stick to his cue like the Green triangle , he was going ape , saying why has a firm like youres who has a reputation going back a few years supply this rubbish , I say it is supply and demand , we cater for youth clubs / prisons / and other establishments plus Clubs like youre's who where given a choice on price they have gone for the lowest price and therefore the lowest quality .
                            he was having none of this and still said the chalk should not have been supplied to the club , I then said do you play with youre own cue , he said yes , I said then buy youre own chalk , do not expect the club to supply top quality chalk for Free , if it is their choice to buy the low quality , you are complaining to the wrong guy .
                            and by the way is youre cue Top quality say in the £400 quality , or a cue costing £50 but reasonable as the chalk you are useing is reasonable for use , he soon shut up .

Geoff
                            Last edited by Geoff Large; 14 August 2009, 06:24 PM. Reason: spelling
                            [/SIGPIC]http://www.gclbilliards.com

Comment

• i never new there was so much differences between chalk, i might have to invest in that set of 8 different chalks!

Comment

• I use pioneer green chalk. Won't use anything else now

Comment

Working...
                                X