Snooker product ideas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Snooker product ideas

Hi all, I have three very good ideas for making snooker products/accessories.
    I'm obviously not going to divulge the ideas on the forum, but would like some advice on how to go about patenting and protecting my ideas.
    I would also like to hear from anyone with experience in selling snooker accessories and would like an idea of size of the market. Thirdly I would like to here from members that could help me developed and market the products once I have the patents in place.

Gone on give us a clue.

Comment

if its a laser embedded in the tip for sighting then im interested

or something akin to a telescopic laser sight for a rifle that sits on top of the cue....

Comment

Originally Posted by cazmac1 View Post
        Hi all, I have three very good ideas for making snooker products/accessories.
        I'm obviously not going to divulge the ideas on the forum, but would like some advice on how to go about patenting and protecting my ideas.
        I would also like to hear from anyone with experience in selling snooker accessories and would like an idea of size of the market. Thirdly I would like to here from members that could help me developed and market the products once I have the patents in place.
        Try Dragons' Den?
        Oh, and that's a bad miss.

Comment

I had a PM from someone who has brought items to the market and has offered to help and of course has told me not to give any thing away.
          I have three idea's and two I think are really good. I'm so busy with work at the mo that I haven't followed it up since posting the thread.
          Oh by the way none of my idea's have anything to do with cues or lasers

Comment

Originally Posted by nevets View Post
            Try Dragons' Den?
            To be honest I don't think dragons den would be the place for me I think I would just patent the idea and then licence it

Comment

I have worked in the past with a m8 on a few snooker-related ideas that never went to market. Here are some guidelines from my own experience:

1. Write all notes/research/events in an invention logbook. More info: link

2. Create a rapid prototype if it's a physical product. Every major city has companies that can do this for you. If you want to invest the time or very concerned about sharing information, make your own machine and create your own prototypes.

3. Find some VC's or invest the money to file your own patent. I never reached this phase on my idea but I think if you have the logbook, and have created several prototypes, you could be sufficiently protected enough where going to a VC/investor might not be a bad idea.

If your invention has a software component, consider ways to protect it with encryption/etc. If it's a physical-only product (like a paperclip), it's probably going to be scavenged by big factories and sold at lower cost at some point when the product reaches a market flash point but that doesn't mean you can't do initial production yourself or through some local manufacturer.

Hope that helps!
              Mayur Jobanputra, Snooker Coach and Snooker Enthusiast
              My Snooker Blog: www.snookerdelight.com

Comment

Originally Posted by cazmac1 View Post
                To be honest I don't think dragons den would be the place for me I think I would just patent the idea and then licence it
                Dragon's Den seems to work best for companies with an established product that want to expand operations but I wouldn't suggest it for something so novel it should have been invented already (like some new chalking device that doesn't waste chalk and damage your ferrule and cue - which would be so awesome to invent!).
                Mayur Jobanputra, Snooker Coach and Snooker Enthusiast
                My Snooker Blog: www.snookerdelight.com

Comment

My ideas are really simple and would cost peanuts to make, one idea would have a large amount of sales to start and then fade with time but one idea would stay the course and sale for many years and every pro, semi pro and top amature would not go anywhere without it. it could become a much a part of a snooker players kit as the cue itself

Comment

You have invented the wheel! :snooker:

Comment

Originally Posted by Acrowot View Post
                      You have invented the wheel! :snooker:
                      yep and it's got four corners

Comment

Ok I just completed the my first draft design and will be looking to patent the idea soon.
                        The second product is beyond my skills and i will need to inlist the aid of an artiste to do the drawings

Comment

Of course, I expected it to have four corners, that is the normal thing with a wheel.
                          :snooker:

Comment

the good thing about having wheels with corners is that when they come off you don't even notice

Comment

i would have the knowledge and the contacts you need. most ideas are not worth the hassle of patenting, especially if small changes could be made and something similar produced - if its possible to make a design cheap enough in china say then i might be interested. pm me.
                              https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/adr147

Comment

Working...
                              X