Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cases - Are we getting ripped off as usual?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally Posted by firefrets View Post
    Is there a prize here for whoever can insult the intelligence of the thread starter or something?

At the moment you're tied in first place with Cuemans 'fool' comment, only he punctuates his posts properly, so probably slips into second place.

£100 is a lot of money for a case, even on this planet.
    ummm i think maybe you mistake my casual posting for an inability to punctuate - its more that i don't care! as a person who sells half a dozen cases a day my view should be taken seriously, there is no insult intended just a question of what did you expect?
    https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/adr147

Comment

Originally Posted by ADR147 View Post
      ummm i think maybe you mistake my casual posting for an inability to punctuate - its more that i don't care! as a person who sells half a dozen cases a day my view should be taken seriously, there is no insult intended just a question of what did you expect?
      The punctuation / insult thing was tongue in cheek Andy. If you splash it out, you need to take it. Fair?

What did I expect for £100? I expected an exellent case.

You yourself sell a leather case on your site for £57, and list it as 'superb', and the 'best case on the market', yet we both know Cuecraft cases are imported. They even state it on their website.

Are you telling me that a £57 case is superb, but a £100 shouldn't be good?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/3-4-Leatherett...item3ca966a049

So I spent £50 more, than a case that 'you yourself' list as 'superb', but shouldn't expect a good case?

I think everybodies view should be taken seriously, regardless of how many cases you sell. The difference between us, is that I wouldn't (especially as an Ebay seller) write
      i don't understand how people think that if they buy it on ebay for £100 it can be any good?
      as a reply to a guy who has just had a bad experience on Ebay and then seem surprised when the guy pulls me up.

When I told my friends I'd spent £100 on a case they nearly fainted, so yes, I expect a good case for £100.

All the best.

Comment

Originally Posted by ADR147
        i take by calling me andy i have beaten you at pool or stolen your girlfriend in the past, i am sorry.

leather / leathette - i can read! - i can't really be bothered to argue with you if you want one now you have made your quota of pointless posts (i read your intro!) i will get you the best case you can get pound for pound. but a top class case in leather is £200 plus.
        I'm sorry, but do you have a bit of a personality problem?

You are rude, and arrogant, and the chances of you ever supplying me with a cue case are strictly zero. Beat me at pool or stole my girlfriend? What are you on pal?

On here, perhaps your 7000 posts gives you a feeling of grandeur, but it suggests to me that you have too much to say.

I didn't ask you for advice, or help, nor did I ask you to insult me by suggesting that I was crazy for expecting a quality case for my £100.

The very fact that you sell one in your shop for half the price, yet list it as 'superb', just shows me that you write first, and think second, as the blatant hypocracy is there for all to view.

Now if you don't mind, please take your rather strange attitude, and apply it to someone who wants to listen to you. Finding them should at least keep you busy for a while.

Thank God for log off buttons.

Comment

Is there a prize here for whoever can insult the intelligence of the thread starter or something?

At the moment you're tied in first place with Cuemans 'fool' comment, only he punctuates his posts properly, so probably slips into second place.
          I don't think either of their comments were directed at you specifically. Bear in mind most threads will veer off from the original topic into a discussion, often quite quickly. Of course, you can choose to read them as directed at you, but I find it's far less stressful to simply assume the opposite, and 99% of cases it's the correct assumption.
          "Do unto others 20% better than you would expect them to do unto you, to correct for subjective error"
          - Linus Pauling

Comment

good post - for sure mine was a general statement but some folks do get upset quickly.
            https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/adr147

Comment

About 10 years ago my wife asked me what I wanted her to get me for a xmas present and I said 'a really nice leather case for my (3/4) cue'. Perfect, she said, where can you get one.........so I telephoned Cheddar Classics and they made me a lovely black leather case, absolutely identical to one they had just made for Stephen Hendry as that time. It was as small as possible, just able to hold one cue, mini butt and chalk. Perfect to go in the boot of my car. The cost at that time was £210 and that included postage, not a bad price for a 'bespoke' handmade case to my exact specs.

10 years on it is still in perfect condition!!

Oldgit :snooker:
              Last edited by Oldgit; 17 February 2011, 01:07 PM.
              'Believe To Achieve'

Comment

Dave Johnston-Allen of Chedder Classics the originator of the modern leather clad case did a cracking job but was I believe overwhelmed by cheap copies from Asia. He made a cracking case in Ostrich skin for me many years ago which has traveled all over including Australia and is still perfect. I really must commend the frankness of Crispian Jones in making us aware of his costs in this way and suggest that an atitude like his is refreshing in this hard old world . Perhaps the original poster could begin his interest in ythis forum in a slightly more pragtmatic way!!!.

Comment

Originally Posted by nrage View Post
                  I don't think either of their comments were directed at you specifically. Bear in mind most threads will veer off from the original topic into a discussion, often quite quickly. Of course, you can choose to read them as directed at you, but I find it's far less stressful to simply assume the opposite, and 99% of cases it's the correct assumption.
                  My post was intended to be humorous. It's a bit ironic that you should advise me on how to interpret posts and not see the funny side yourself lol. I appreciate it all the same though.

Originally Posted by ADR147 View Post
                  good post - for sure mine was a general statement but some folks do get upset quickly.
                  Have a nice day Andrew.

Originally Posted by Oldgit View Post
                  About 10 years ago my wife asked me what I wanted her to get me for a xmas present and I said 'a really nice leather case for my (3/4) cue'. Perfect, she said, where can you get one.........so I telephoned Cheddar Classics and they made me a lovely black leather case, absolutely identical to one they had just made for Stephen Hendry as that time. It was as small as possible, just able to hold one cue, mini butt and chalk. Perfect to go in the boot of my car. The cost at that time was £210 and that included postage, not a bad price for a 'bespoke' handmade case to my exact specs.

10 years on it is still in perfect condition!!

Oldgit :snooker:
                  Thanks. I won't be spending that much now to be honest. A second hand one could be a possibility though.

The seller collected the case today via courier, so hopefully there will be a happy ending.

He's also offered me some other cases at a better price, that have the Peradon logo on them. He says the leather on them is a better quality than the one he originally sent. He seems a decent guy to be fair to him, even if he sold me a bag of crap first time round.

Can anyone confirm the quality of Peradon cases?

I'm fairly sure they're imported from the same Chinese company. Perhaps their specs are better.
                  Last edited by firefrets; 17 February 2011, 03:23 PM.

Comment

My post was intended to be humorous. It's a bit ironic that you should advise me on how to interpret posts and not see the funny side yourself lol. I appreciate it all the same though.
                    Have a nice day Andrew.
                    Ahh.. well, that makes sense, and I see the irony

But it's interesting that more than one person misunderstood your intent in this case. Perhaps more emoticons are in order, or something. Tone is very hard to convey online .. see what I done there
                    "Do unto others 20% better than you would expect them to do unto you, to correct for subjective error"
                    - Linus Pauling

Comment

Originally Posted by nrage View Post
                      Ahh.. well, that makes sense, and I see the irony

But it's interesting that more than one person misunderstood your intent in this case. Perhaps more emoticons are in order, or something. Tone is very hard to convey online .. see what I done there
                      Nrage, I like you already. You 'understand' me.

There are only 12 smilies that I can see, and none of them are capable of saving a sinner like me.

I've discovered a new way to lose stress though. I buy 10 items cheap on Ebay, and leave 10 negative comments. Then when I come here, I'm bright eyed and bushie tailed again.

Now where did I put that link of the guy who sells a pdf about tips?

Comment

Oh my. I just want to hug this case, and feel it against my cheek.

The marbled effect on the leather is quite irresistable.

Comment

Yes got to be my favourite design that one, and the one i would of chosen if ordering one from scratch, but Crispian had a few he had already made and was selling off, so got mine a bit cheaper

Comment

Firefrets: When my company operated at full capacity I was dealing with Peradon at quite a high degree. Of all the imported cases I have seen and handled ( very many) the Peradon cases have probably been the best. It would appear that the Crispian Jones case is probably the best in the UK. Just for his atitude he deserves a fine reputation.

Comment

Originally Posted by franksandellsnooker View Post
                              Firefrets: When my company operated at full capacity I was dealing with Peradon at quite a high degree. Of all the imported cases I have seen and handled ( very many) the Peradon cases have probably been the best. It would appear that the Crispian Jones case is probably the best in the UK. Just for his atitude he deserves a fine reputation.
                              Thank you for the kind advice.
                              I should know by tomorrow what is happening regarding buying another.

Comment

I just got a 1 pc zig zag made by Stamford, it took the guys 2 weeks to make from scratch, fantastic workmanship. £275

Comment

Working...
                                X