Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cases - Are we getting ripped off as usual?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

To get a very nice leather case 200 GBP and above is a fair price. Quality does not come cheap.
    www.AuroraCues.com

Comment

I'm considering a plain black 3/4 leather case but whats putting me off slightly is ive not seen any with end protectors, i'm very careful with things like my cue and case but without end protectors on i can see a leather case getting scuffed or even torn on the ends over a period of time.

Is their a reason why its hard to find leather snooker cases with end protectors on ?
      sigpic

Comment

Originally Posted by The Stig View Post
        I'm considering a plain black 3/4 leather case but whats putting me off slightly is ive not seen any with end protectors, i'm very careful with things like my cue and case but without end protectors on i can see a leather case getting scuffed or even torn on the ends over a period of time.

Is their a reason why its hard to find leather snooker cases with end protectors on ?
        Stu at Greenbaize sells cases with brass corner pieces fitted if that sounds like your kind of thing. I was there on Monday picking up an extension for my GBL cue and he said he has a big delivery coming soon of cues and cases
        http://greenbaize.com/forum/forum/vi...d=352#post_352

Comment

Originally Posted by jrc750 View Post
          Stu at Greenbaize sells cases with brass corner pieces fitted if that sounds like your kind of thing. I was there on Monday picking up an extension for my GBL cue and he said he has a big delivery coming soon of cues and cases
          http://greenbaize.com/forum/forum/vi...d=352#post_352
          Thanks for the pointer, those cases look smart from the outside what Stu has. Only prob is the interior layout, no seperating bars or chalk holder area. I like to keep my butt away from my extension with ideally a seperating bar between them, with no chalk holder their is nowhere really to keep chalk and spare tips etc, they would be all over the case.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally Posted by The Stig View Post
            Thanks for the pointer, those cases look smart from the outside what Stu has. Only prob is the interior layout, no seperating bars or chalk holder area. I like to keep my butt away from my extension with ideally a seperating bar between them, with no chalk holder their is nowhere really to keep chalk and spare tips etc, they would be all over the case.
            If you look at the 3rd pic down, there is a central divider on the 3/4 cases, but not on the one piece slimline ones, no chalk compartment bit as you say tho, but there isnt on my North Wales case, just wedge it in at one end lol

Comment

Originally Posted by jrc750 View Post
              If you look at the 3rd pic down, there is a central divider on the 3/4 cases, but not on the one piece slimline ones, no chalk compartment bit as you say tho, but there isnt on my North Wales case, just wedge it in at one end lol
              The 3/4 cases at the top of the link appear to have no seperating bar, seperating bar as in it seperates the bottom section into 2 compartments so your butt can be on one side sperated from your extension. I was looking at the plain black one, has the grey/black interior.

Last edited by The Stig; 30 August 2011, 05:18 PM.
              sigpic

Comment

Oops just got what you mean lol
                Last edited by jrc750; 30 August 2011, 05:34 PM. Reason: oops

Comment

You could always screw your extension into the butt to stop it rattling, then only have the problem of the mini butt lol, make your own little divider easily enough ?

Comment

Working...
                  X