No announcement yet.

What are Mike Woodridge cue tips like?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What are Mike Woodridge cue tips like?

What are Mike Woodridge tips like?
    Stun Run...The shot you can't teach

Originally Posted by thedynamite View Post
    The one I have on currently is good, been on for several months and playing well. Was a bit harder than the blue diamond tip I had on originally, and that took a little while to get used to. I'm not saying they're hard .. I've only tried those 2 tips and all I can say is the MW one was harder. I have gotten used to it now. No dud tips in the pack (of 6 .. or was it 4) that I got.
    "Do unto others 20% better than you would expect them to do unto you, to correct for subjective error"
    - Linus Pauling

Comment

never tried the laminated ones but the mw super tips imo are the best tips you can buy.

Comment

I've tried blue diamond, elk master, pro-granite & talisman. The MW ones are the best out of these in my opinion.
        Haven't tried his laminated one though

Comment

Good Day,

I have tried the MW Tips (not laminated). I found them very hard, must keep well chalked and cue well, I did not like the sound the tip made when contacting the white, only tip I ever played with that made this hard contact sound. I changed it but am sure I would have gotten used to it with time. I will try on my 10mm 9 ball cue, I think this might be good.
          Cheers,
          Rolly C. sends
          I try hard, play hard and dont always succeed, at first.!!!!:snooker:

Comment

MW Supertips are top quality . Better than an Elkmaster in my opinion .
            Still trying to pot as many balls as i can !

Comment

juat stuck a new MW tip on a few mins ago. second one i've played with and i think there very reliable...

Comment

Yes Mike Wooldridge Super Tips are Great! When you 1st Put one on it seems as its been on awhile and you dont need to Play it in like Most Tips!

Yes I do Recommend these Tips they are very Good.

Gaz.

Comment

The Super Tips are good. I tried a laminated tip but found it too hard and changed it quickly. Am currently using an Aurora laminated tip and I like it.
                  The bitter taste of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten.

Comment

just had a new cue off Mike (thanks mate) and it has one of his super tips on it, as most people say, they are very hard and takes a little while to get used to, but after 3 or 4 days i seems to be doing ok with it so far.

you never quite know what your going to get with elks nowadays, they used to be great, still are, but you can stick one on and its great, then stick another one on from the same pack and its not the best.....

nothing wrong with trying different tips out, its a very small job that takes a couple of minutes to do.....

Comment

Originally Posted by sharkster63 View Post
                      I have tried the MW Tips (not laminated). I found them very hard, must keep well chalked and cue well, I did not like the sound the tip made when contacting the white, only tip I ever played with that made this hard contact sound. I changed it but am sure I would have gotten used to it with time.
                      It's funny you mentioned the 'hard' contact sound, my MW tip does the same thing, compared to the Blue Diamond I had on there. It sounds, and feels, harder than the diamond. I have gotten used to it. I always chalk well, almost obsessively and my cueing is what it is .. I did have some trouble playing with screw initially, hmm.. maybe it has made cueing harder, but it's probably improving my accuracy in return.
                      "Do unto others 20% better than you would expect them to do unto you, to correct for subjective error"
                      - Linus Pauling

Comment

The supertip is the best I've played with :snooker: The closest thing I can compare it to is a good Elkmaster that's been nicely bedded in & right at its best :snooker:

You've got to like it yourself though, otherwise you have to keep searching for the best tip for YOU!!!
                        Winner of C77's Masters Fantasy Game 2010
                        Joint-winner of montoya10/theasaris' Shanghai Masters Fantasy Game 2010

Comment

I have found them a little hard and lost confidence striking the cue ball right at the bottom. I use an elk master again now, a little soft to start with then fine.Only trouble with an elkmaster is they do not last long.

Comment

Originally Posted by thedynamite View Post
                            I have two packs of 5 total 10 tips. Can do posted for £20. Email me to kezman1711@aol.com if interested. Good tips ready to play from the first shot.

Comment

I like a nice soft tip normally blue diamond. Most comments have said that MW tips are hard is this correct?
                              Stun Run...The shot you can't teach

Comment

Working...
                              X