No Flat on Mini Butts ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No Flat on Mini Butts ?

Just an observation , but why are the 6" Mini Butts not made with a flat on ?
    Still trying to pot as many balls as i can !

Hi Neil,
    Some are made with a Flat m8 Depending on who you are Ordering them Off and if you Ask for One! I have seen a Few Cue Makers do them I made a Flat on my Old Wood One easier enough really to do.

Gaz.
    Last edited by gazza147; 8 April 2011, 09:11 AM.

Comment

Originally Posted by neil taperell View Post
      Just an observation , but why are the 6" Mini Butts not made with a flat on ?
      Presumably it's not done as standard as they aren't usually made to specifically match up with a particular cue and therefore the flat might not line up with all cues.

Comment

hi neil, just hazarding a guess but maybe it's easier to install the cue badge with the flat than without... and since it's not common practice for mini butts to be so customised, hence no flat on mini butts... cheers
        When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take the lemons back. GET MAD!!

Comment

I just wondered as how the majority of players who use flats on their cues adapt to use the round min butt . I suppose what i'm trying to say , is that they hold the butt in a certain way . i.e flat up , down , sideways . So it must feel different when they use the round mini butt .
          Does not bother me , as i use a round butt cue .

Comment

Neil I am speaking for myself here but I dont really find it that awkward as you Dont Use the Mini Butt that Often really so you get used to it the same as you get used to Playing with Tele Extension which you Cannot put a Flat in it if Plastic/Metal.

Comment

So , i wonder why more players don't play with round butt cues .

Comment

When you get a mini butt with a badge(like my TW) you'll get a flat spot(unless you want the badge in the butt end).

I think that if you're getting a custom cue with a mini butt that it's worth the extra bit of money to get a badge with it also.
                The bitter taste of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten.

Comment

Originally Posted by neil taperell View Post
                  So , i wonder why more players don't play with round butt cues .
                  i usually don't hold the cue right at the end so it doesn't matter much to me if the cue has a round butt or not... but i do prefer cues with flat as i find them more aesthetically pleasing, maybe i'm just so used to seeing them being made that way...
                  When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take the lemons back. GET MAD!!

Comment

Neil, do you know if John Parris would put a badge on the mini butt?

Comment

Originally Posted by joesam0902 View Post
                      Neil, do you know if John Parris would put a badge on the mini butt?
                      Yes, he would.
                      #jeSuisByrom

Comment

Some minis I have made in the past.

www.AuroraCues.com

Comment

They look nice Airin, but i was wondering why would the first butt in the pics have an SD join fitted?

Comment

That is so that the telescopic can be attached to the mini for those very hard to reach shot. The owner of the cue is 5"8'. There are some spots on the table he cannot reach even with the long telescopic.
                            Last edited by poolqjunkie; 8 April 2011, 05:23 AM.
                            www.AuroraCues.com

Comment

Working...
                            X